Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Gaoler: do genes transfer?
So, I have a couple dragons I'm considering turning into Gaolers. I know that genes tend to revert to Basic when the dragon gets breed-changed, but what about genes which Gaolers have access to? Would a Tapir/Striation/Belly modern dragon be able to keep their genes into the change to a Gaoler?
So, I have a couple dragons I'm considering turning into Gaolers. I know that genes tend to revert to Basic when the dragon gets breed-changed, but what about genes which Gaolers have access to? Would a Tapir/Striation/Belly modern dragon be able to keep their genes into the change to a Gaoler?
Looking for Dragons in these colors
Magenta/Magenta/Grapefruit for Aether, Light/Arcane/Lightning
@Nikomas All genes revert to basic when you change a dragon to an ancient breed.
@Nikomas All genes revert to basic when you change a dragon to an ancient breed.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@Lonin

Dang, was hoping a could spare a bit of treasure there. Thanks!
@Lonin

Dang, was hoping a could spare a bit of treasure there. Thanks!
Looking for Dragons in these colors
Magenta/Magenta/Grapefruit for Aether, Light/Arcane/Lightning
@Nikomas
No, if they have matching genes, theyre fine. My daughter switched her dragons and the compatible genes stayed.
@Nikomas
No, if they have matching genes, theyre fine. My daughter switched her dragons and the compatible genes stayed.
vpNQaZP.pngRupeeWaterX2.gifWZ3H2YX.pngnAoSSfC.pnga8e4wzd.png
[quote name="@FelicisNox177" date="2019-06-11 06:25:04" ] @.Nikomas No, if they have matching genes, theyre fine. My daughter switched her dragons and the compatible genes stayed. [/quote] Are you sure she didn't regene the dragon after breed changing it? Because all genes do revert to basic, even ones that have a parallel counterpart. If they stayed on your daughters dragon and weren't added after the fact then she's experienced a pretty serious bug!
@FelicisNox177 wrote on 2019-06-11 06:25:04:
@.Nikomas

Are you sure she didn't regene the dragon after breed changing it?

Because all genes do revert to basic, even ones that have a parallel counterpart.

If they stayed on your daughters dragon and weren't added after the fact then she's experienced a pretty serious bug!
IT7iTv8.png
[quote name="@AlphaSobek" date="2019-06-11 06:45:20" ] [quote name="FelicisNox177" date="2019-06-11 06:25:04" ] @.Nikomas No, if they have matching genes, theyre fine. My daughter switched her dragons and the compatible genes stayed. [/quote] Are you sure she didn't regene the dragon after breed changing it? Because all genes do revert to basic, even ones that have a parallel counterpart. If they stayed on your daughters dragon and weren't added after the fact then she's experienced a pretty serious bug! [/quote] Well crap, now I need to check. I just went with what she told me
@AlphaSobek wrote on 2019-06-11 06:45:20:
FelicisNox177 wrote on 2019-06-11 06:25:04:
@.Nikomas

Are you sure she didn't regene the dragon after breed changing it?

Because all genes do revert to basic, even ones that have a parallel counterpart.

If they stayed on your daughters dragon and weren't added after the fact then she's experienced a pretty serious bug!

Well crap, now I need to check. I just went with what she told me
Bumping cuz I need to know!
Bumping cuz I need to know!
@demoliceros it’s already been answered in the comments above, but no. Genes do not transfer.

Also, bumping isn’t allowed in this forum ^^
@demoliceros it’s already been answered in the comments above, but no. Genes do not transfer.

Also, bumping isn’t allowed in this forum ^^
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@Shinyumbreon

Side note

I have a dragon named Umbreon
@Shinyumbreon

Side note

I have a dragon named Umbreon