Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | New player help
Hello all! I'm new and I'd like to know the best way to make money on this site. I want to get more dragons!!
Hello all! I'm new and I'd like to know the best way to make money on this site. I want to get more dragons!!
ZivNWqu.png
@prdxkat

Firstly, welcome to Flight Rising! Feel free to message me with any questions you may have.

Making money can be done in any number of ways on the site. You can make art, sell dragons, sell services, or sell items. As a newbie, playing the games in the Fairgrounds will start you with funds to build any other businesses you might want later on. On the side, make sure to transmute your various food items and trinkets in Baldwin's Brew to level up the cauldron. When Baldwin is at high levels, the items you can make are of great value. But it takes months to level up that high, so doing the small things while you can certainly helps.

On a side note, i have a few dragons in my lair under the sale tab, pick out whichever one you want and I'll give it to ya free of charge.
@prdxkat

Firstly, welcome to Flight Rising! Feel free to message me with any questions you may have.

Making money can be done in any number of ways on the site. You can make art, sell dragons, sell services, or sell items. As a newbie, playing the games in the Fairgrounds will start you with funds to build any other businesses you might want later on. On the side, make sure to transmute your various food items and trinkets in Baldwin's Brew to level up the cauldron. When Baldwin is at high levels, the items you can make are of great value. But it takes months to level up that high, so doing the small things while you can certainly helps.

On a side note, i have a few dragons in my lair under the sale tab, pick out whichever one you want and I'll give it to ya free of charge.
Spr_2c_144_s.png Lucy (FR+3 / US EST)
ShinyVIStar.png art shop
ShinyVIStar.png wishlist
ShinyVIStar.png PM me for Toyhouse codes!!
70c9b36745a49fc9888c3550f61c4379c99dc258.png
welcome to flight rising!

i have personally found that the best ways to make money are to sell all of your extra apparel and familiars on the auction house, for either gems or treasure, but its a very good way to make gems.

another thing to do is learn how to play glimmer and gloom- it's the newest fairgrounds game and once you learn the patterns, you can max out the fairgrounds in 30 minutes! that 75,000 treasure a day right there, and it really adds up.

baldwin is also a very good idea, as the higher level recipes sell really well, and if you need a baldwin item it's cheaper to brew it yourself.

good luck!
welcome to flight rising!

i have personally found that the best ways to make money are to sell all of your extra apparel and familiars on the auction house, for either gems or treasure, but its a very good way to make gems.

another thing to do is learn how to play glimmer and gloom- it's the newest fairgrounds game and once you learn the patterns, you can max out the fairgrounds in 30 minutes! that 75,000 treasure a day right there, and it really adds up.

baldwin is also a very good idea, as the higher level recipes sell really well, and if you need a baldwin item it's cheaper to brew it yourself.

good luck!
@prdxkat
along with what those two have said, I should probably mention coli. there are lots of builds over here but because the list is so long I should probably mention a few in particular
sedona build - not really needed right now considering that galore is giving out eliminates to everyone/making them much cheaper then normal, but this is a slower, cheaper build that doesn’t use eliminate
mire flyer - fast to level fodder, but the venue choice doesn’t give any chances to get eliminate
ruins raider - ghostlight ruins build that may be slightly slower then in the mire, but gives you the chance to get eliminates on occasion
there are also a few leveling guides out there as well, or you can have someone else train up the dragons you plan on using
leveling fodder with those builds can generate a lot of money, but even grinding in various venues can make a decent profit

I should also mention flipping items, everything that can be bought somewhere can just as easily be sold for profit somehow. starsilks, cheap dragons (mostly hatchlings), and flowerfalls would probably be some of the better investments, but even buying up a few eliminates to resell once the market goes back to normal (if it does) could be a good investment as well
@prdxkat
along with what those two have said, I should probably mention coli. there are lots of builds over here but because the list is so long I should probably mention a few in particular
sedona build - not really needed right now considering that galore is giving out eliminates to everyone/making them much cheaper then normal, but this is a slower, cheaper build that doesn’t use eliminate
mire flyer - fast to level fodder, but the venue choice doesn’t give any chances to get eliminate
ruins raider - ghostlight ruins build that may be slightly slower then in the mire, but gives you the chance to get eliminates on occasion
there are also a few leveling guides out there as well, or you can have someone else train up the dragons you plan on using
leveling fodder with those builds can generate a lot of money, but even grinding in various venues can make a decent profit

I should also mention flipping items, everything that can be bought somewhere can just as easily be sold for profit somehow. starsilks, cheap dragons (mostly hatchlings), and flowerfalls would probably be some of the better investments, but even buying up a few eliminates to resell once the market goes back to normal (if it does) could be a good investment as well
unknown.png
Thank you for the many tips, everyone! It's a lot to take in, but I'll try all the stuff mentioned, even if just a little bit. There's really so much to do here. Hope all of you have fun too!
Thank you for the many tips, everyone! It's a lot to take in, but I'll try all the stuff mentioned, even if just a little bit. There's really so much to do here. Hope all of you have fun too!
ZivNWqu.png
@prdxkat

Welcome to FR!

The Data-Based Money Making Guide is a good one! If you need other guides for Glimmer and Gloom, Glimmer and Gloom guide masterpost can help you. ^ ^

Seconding @Mediumdee (pinging because relevant info, not sure if you were aware of Maki's builds?) on Coli - after G&G, exalting levelled dragons is the best way to make money. For that, I've got some additional guides:
A Newbie's BASIC INTRO to the Coli is a good starter guide.
Sedona Guide is what you need for all dragons without Eliminate (and unless you have an extra stone, you'll need this guide in addition to the next)
Culex Guide has the information on how to train a team of dragons with Eliminates from lv1 to lv25. It's got other good information as well, but the stats for lv25 builds are somewhat outdated now.
Maki’s Guide has more information on battlestones, and the most recent builds for lv25 dragons.

Unrelated to profit, it's always good to ping people when answering to them, otherwise they most likely won't get your answer
@prdxkat

Welcome to FR!

The Data-Based Money Making Guide is a good one! If you need other guides for Glimmer and Gloom, Glimmer and Gloom guide masterpost can help you. ^ ^

Seconding @Mediumdee (pinging because relevant info, not sure if you were aware of Maki's builds?) on Coli - after G&G, exalting levelled dragons is the best way to make money. For that, I've got some additional guides:
A Newbie's BASIC INTRO to the Coli is a good starter guide.
Sedona Guide is what you need for all dragons without Eliminate (and unless you have an extra stone, you'll need this guide in addition to the next)
Culex Guide has the information on how to train a team of dragons with Eliminates from lv1 to lv25. It's got other good information as well, but the stats for lv25 builds are somewhat outdated now.
Maki’s Guide has more information on battlestones, and the most recent builds for lv25 dragons.

Unrelated to profit, it's always good to ping people when answering to them, otherwise they most likely won't get your answer
hWsjkHE.png
@Elaendorlien

Thank you for the tips! Haha, still getting used to things. Coli seems overwhelming but at least I've got G&G hardmode down thanks to a guide :D

Also I didn't know about the pinging thing, I am not too used to forums I suppose x.x
@Elaendorlien

Thank you for the tips! Haha, still getting used to things. Coli seems overwhelming but at least I've got G&G hardmode down thanks to a guide :D

Also I didn't know about the pinging thing, I am not too used to forums I suppose x.x
ZivNWqu.png
@prdxkat

It's all right, it usually takes a while to learn forums ^ ^

Yeah, Coli looks complicated but in the end it's a lot like G&G - follow a guide and then just click a lot. If you run into problems or want to know more about something in the guides, feel free to ping me!

Couple of other things on Coli, actually. The training builds more or less require certain elements based on the venue (Arcane for Mire, Water/Nature for Ghostlight Ruins), so it's good to have at least one of those elements in your first team and to give them one of the Eliminates. Also, pick dragons you really like because if you train and/or farm festival currency, you are going to look at those dragons a lot.

I can also recommend listening or watching something while coli-ing, it can get very boring.
@prdxkat

It's all right, it usually takes a while to learn forums ^ ^

Yeah, Coli looks complicated but in the end it's a lot like G&G - follow a guide and then just click a lot. If you run into problems or want to know more about something in the guides, feel free to ping me!

Couple of other things on Coli, actually. The training builds more or less require certain elements based on the venue (Arcane for Mire, Water/Nature for Ghostlight Ruins), so it's good to have at least one of those elements in your first team and to give them one of the Eliminates. Also, pick dragons you really like because if you train and/or farm festival currency, you are going to look at those dragons a lot.

I can also recommend listening or watching something while coli-ing, it can get very boring.
hWsjkHE.png