Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How do you get dragons to sell
1 2
Every thread in dragon sales has 30+ pages of replies, but I post mine and it drops down to the 10th page in minutes. I’ve tried linking it in my signature, I bump it when this happens, and it’s not like all the dragons are ugly. I mean, yeah, some of them are, but at least two have some merit.

How do you guys do it? Tell me your secrets I beg of you
Every thread in dragon sales has 30+ pages of replies, but I post mine and it drops down to the 10th page in minutes. I’ve tried linking it in my signature, I bump it when this happens, and it’s not like all the dragons are ugly. I mean, yeah, some of them are, but at least two have some merit.

How do you guys do it? Tell me your secrets I beg of you
_________ pixel_wright.png _______
Phoenix ◊ he/him ◊ FR + 3
————————————
Skin/Accent Shop
Fandragon Guide
Doodle Shop
Wishlist
_______ pixel_edgeworth.png
@2OrSomething

Most dragons are fodder. Lair space is finite and dragons are infinite.

Try posting the dragons on the AH as well as the thread.

(I took a look and, to me, those dragons are fodder.)
@2OrSomething

Most dragons are fodder. Lair space is finite and dragons are infinite.

Try posting the dragons on the AH as well as the thread.

(I took a look and, to me, those dragons are fodder.)
Wxlfiez
they/them | FRT + 3 | Wishlist
11-Headed Primal Emperor Quest
__________________________________ wolfies_shop_sig_button.png
@Wxlfiez

Thank you.
However, every time I try to sell any dragons on the AH for anything over 5k, they just sit there.

And then, how do you even decide which ones aren’t fodder, then? I thought at least the imps could get something
@Wxlfiez

Thank you.
However, every time I try to sell any dragons on the AH for anything over 5k, they just sit there.

And then, how do you even decide which ones aren’t fodder, then? I thought at least the imps could get something
————————————
Skin/Accent Shop
Fandragon Guide
Doodle Shop
Wishlist
@2OrSomething
Its all about your personal taste.
99% of all dragons on the site are fodder.
If you dont have a desirable color combo with the newest genes, they are most likely to be fodder.
@2OrSomething
Its all about your personal taste.
99% of all dragons on the site are fodder.
If you dont have a desirable color combo with the newest genes, they are most likely to be fodder.
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
@Saphirosa

Alright, thank you.
@Saphirosa

Alright, thank you.
————————————
Skin/Accent Shop
Fandragon Guide
Doodle Shop
Wishlist
@2OrSomething

I'm really picky with my dragons. Most dragons are fodder to me, even if another person would pay quite a bit for them.
@2OrSomething

I'm really picky with my dragons. Most dragons are fodder to me, even if another person would pay quite a bit for them.
Wxlfiez
they/them | FRT + 3 | Wishlist
11-Headed Primal Emperor Quest
__________________________________ wolfies_shop_sig_button.png
@2OrSomething You may end up having to exalt dergs yourself if they don't sell at all. Also remember you can bump your sale threads back to the front if you need. :)
@2OrSomething You may end up having to exalt dergs yourself if they don't sell at all. Also remember you can bump your sale threads back to the front if you need. :)
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
@2OrSomething

It's also good to check out the find a dragon forums and see if any of the dragons you're selling match people's posts! Make sure to be careful to only post your dragons if they really fit what the poster is looking for. This is how I make most of my dragon sales when I do actively try to sell hatchlings.

Trends I've seen right now are unconventional gene mixes and creative XYZs/coordinated but not XXX color schemes. Breed doesn't tend to matter as much.
@2OrSomething

It's also good to check out the find a dragon forums and see if any of the dragons you're selling match people's posts! Make sure to be careful to only post your dragons if they really fit what the poster is looking for. This is how I make most of my dragon sales when I do actively try to sell hatchlings.

Trends I've seen right now are unconventional gene mixes and creative XYZs/coordinated but not XXX color schemes. Breed doesn't tend to matter as much.
badges_02.png
AJ | 27 | FR +3
Badges 2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | Persistent | LDCC
REBIRTH.png
@2OrSomething

It might also help if your link was more clear - just typing 'psst look at this' is unlikely to encourage buyers, due to the fact there is no clue it leads to a dragon sale thread at all. I would have dismissed the link in any other situation had I come across your post, although the dragons selling there are quite pretty (I might grab one myself XD).

Advertising is key. If buyers don't know it's there, they won't buy it.
@2OrSomething

It might also help if your link was more clear - just typing 'psst look at this' is unlikely to encourage buyers, due to the fact there is no clue it leads to a dragon sale thread at all. I would have dismissed the link in any other situation had I come across your post, although the dragons selling there are quite pretty (I might grab one myself XD).

Advertising is key. If buyers don't know it's there, they won't buy it.
mTNec0b.png AD17I29.gif
@PurpleTartan

Yep, I’ve been bumping it, and I figured I’d need to exalt a few

@Kodak

You mean on find a dragon? I’ve looked through a few times, not too sure mine match too well

@WillowWolfie

Yeah that.. might help. Thanks.
@PurpleTartan

Yep, I’ve been bumping it, and I figured I’d need to exalt a few

@Kodak

You mean on find a dragon? I’ve looked through a few times, not too sure mine match too well

@WillowWolfie

Yeah that.. might help. Thanks.
————————————
Skin/Accent Shop
Fandragon Guide
Doodle Shop
Wishlist
1 2