Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | XXY G1 pricing help?
While I'm not planning on selling him anytime soon, I've heard conflicting things about the price of this dragon. One person valued him at 30kg, another at 15kg, but I've also seen dark G1s with less close ranges go for far more than that. If I ever did sell him, I'd really like to know how much he'd be worth. Plus, I'd like to know how to consider the offers I've received for him in the past. I've seen very few dragons like him on the site, let alone for sale. If you don't want to click, his colours are XXY Midnight/Obsidian. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20029028] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/200291/20029028_350.png[/img] [/url]
While I'm not planning on selling him anytime soon, I've heard conflicting things about the price of this dragon. One person valued him at 30kg, another at 15kg, but I've also seen dark G1s with less close ranges go for far more than that. If I ever did sell him, I'd really like to know how much he'd be worth. Plus, I'd like to know how to consider the offers I've received for him in the past. I've seen very few dragons like him on the site, let alone for sale.
If you don't want to click, his colours are XXY Midnight/Obsidian.

20029028_350.png
t00QRwj.png rOVa8hM.png 6260.png
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
Adopt shop zAddafE.gifGI49w5A.gif
+3 FR time
@Foxe

In essence, every dragon is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. That depends not only on desire but also on how deep the pockets are on the people who want this dragon.

Without an auction or solid offers you won't get an exact price on a dragon like this. Valuing a dragon is a lot of guesswork and research based on previous sales (which you can find here) but until you start pitting buyers against each other to find out how high they are willing to go...you need either an auction or to put him up in the AH for some utterly ridiculous price and then take the highest offer you get when people start trying to make them.
@Foxe

In essence, every dragon is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. That depends not only on desire but also on how deep the pockets are on the people who want this dragon.

Without an auction or solid offers you won't get an exact price on a dragon like this. Valuing a dragon is a lot of guesswork and research based on previous sales (which you can find here) but until you start pitting buyers against each other to find out how high they are willing to go...you need either an auction or to put him up in the AH for some utterly ridiculous price and then take the highest offer you get when people start trying to make them.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Foxe
G1 values are really tough, especially with dragons like this, in which case I think you'd have to actually auction him to get a solid answer. Personally, though, I wouldn't even consider letting him go for anything under 30kg, he has an extremely desirable color scheme and I bought my mid/mid/cornflower g1 (with way worse eyes) for 41kg. Mine has the skink/toxin/glimmer ideal color matching, but yours is so beautifully dark that I think they'd end up being about equal value. I feel like yours could actually end up going for more considering how well obs capsule works with the darker midnight genes. Kind of looks like a fake triple in some combos.

But again, you'd have to actually auction him and find out to get a solid answer. It'd depend a lot on who would want to fight over him.
@Foxe
G1 values are really tough, especially with dragons like this, in which case I think you'd have to actually auction him to get a solid answer. Personally, though, I wouldn't even consider letting him go for anything under 30kg, he has an extremely desirable color scheme and I bought my mid/mid/cornflower g1 (with way worse eyes) for 41kg. Mine has the skink/toxin/glimmer ideal color matching, but yours is so beautifully dark that I think they'd end up being about equal value. I feel like yours could actually end up going for more considering how well obs capsule works with the darker midnight genes. Kind of looks like a fake triple in some combos.

But again, you'd have to actually auction him and find out to get a solid answer. It'd depend a lot on who would want to fight over him.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@Starbuck @Nightwind @Tserin

Thank you! This has all been really helpful, especially being able to see how much similar dragons sold for.
Tserin, how much did Rhys go for? He's obsid/shadow/obsid. Also, your midnight/midnight/cornflower boy is stunning!
@Starbuck @Nightwind @Tserin

Thank you! This has all been really helpful, especially being able to see how much similar dragons sold for.
Tserin, how much did Rhys go for? He's obsid/shadow/obsid. Also, your midnight/midnight/cornflower boy is stunning!
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
+3 FR time
@Foxe
Rhys was actually only 9kg, xyx isn't very popular and doesn't go for a lot even if it's double obs. Two of my xyx obs collection were only around 2kg because of that. xxy and xyy is where the money is.
@Foxe
Rhys was actually only 9kg, xyx isn't very popular and doesn't go for a lot even if it's double obs. Two of my xyx obs collection were only around 2kg because of that. xxy and xyy is where the money is.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@Tserin
Wow. That's good to know! I guess if I decide I want another black range G1 I'll go for a XYX to ease the financial pain :P
Thank you so much for all the help!
@Tserin
Wow. That's good to know! I guess if I decide I want another black range G1 I'll go for a XYX to ease the financial pain :P
Thank you so much for all the help!
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
+3 FR time