Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Cross stitch pieces based on site art?
I was thinking about setting up a little shop where people could buy custom cross stitch pieces of their dragons or familiars. I would be taking the site art and converting it into a pattern to work from. Customers would be charged based on materials used and time spent working on the physical product itself (plus shipping), not based on the original art. Would this violate the site's rules, or would it be okay?
I was thinking about setting up a little shop where people could buy custom cross stitch pieces of their dragons or familiars. I would be taking the site art and converting it into a pattern to work from. Customers would be charged based on materials used and time spent working on the physical product itself (plus shipping), not based on the original art. Would this violate the site's rules, or would it be okay?
If you don't ping me, I won't see it!
@TheOtherShoe i'm not familiar with cross-stitch at all, but it sounds like what you're doing still involves FR art/copyright (the pattern would still look like the dragon/familiar, yes?), which would mean you could only sell five pieces per the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=81]Terms of Use[/url]: [quote=ToU: Art Sales Policy]3. No more than 5 units be sold of tangible merchandise utilizing the Company’s intellectual property (IP) be sold for "real world" currency. Making a piece of fan art or a craft project is fine, but making a business out of Company or Services merchandise is not. 1. Tangible merchandise utilizing Company or Services IP may be gifted, traded, purchased with Virtual Currency, or raffled (provided the raffle does not utilize "real world" currency) beyond this 5 unit limit, but may not be sold for "real world" currency once the 5 unit limit is exceeded. 4. Artwork utilizing the Company or Services IP may not be added to third party, print-service stores. Example: shapeways, deviantart prints, redbubble, cafepress, zazzle, and similar entities. 5. Artwork sales of original works, -tangible and digital- utilizing the artist's own IP may be sold by the artist and have no limitations on units sold. The limitations above are placed solely on works using Company or Services IP.[/quote]
@TheOtherShoe i'm not familiar with cross-stitch at all, but it sounds like what you're doing still involves FR art/copyright (the pattern would still look like the dragon/familiar, yes?), which would mean you could only sell five pieces per the Terms of Use:
ToU: Art Sales Policy wrote:
3. No more than 5 units be sold of tangible merchandise utilizing the Company’s intellectual property (IP) be sold for "real world" currency. Making a piece of fan art or a craft project is fine, but making a business out of Company or Services merchandise is not.

1. Tangible merchandise utilizing Company or Services IP may be gifted, traded, purchased with Virtual Currency, or raffled (provided the raffle does not utilize "real world" currency) beyond this 5 unit limit, but may not be sold for "real world" currency once the 5 unit limit is exceeded.

4. Artwork utilizing the Company or Services IP may not be added to third party, print-service stores. Example: shapeways, deviantart prints, redbubble, cafepress, zazzle, and similar entities.

5. Artwork sales of original works, -tangible and digital- utilizing the artist's own IP may be sold by the artist and have no limitations on units sold. The limitations above are placed solely on works using Company or Services IP.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@After Thank you! I was trying to find this section and couldn't seem to track it down.
@After Thank you! I was trying to find this section and couldn't seem to track it down.
If you don't ping me, I won't see it!