Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | [solved] difficulty adding items to bio?
[center]hi! i'm certainly no stranger to bio coding, but i was just trying to add some skins & accents into one of my dragon's bios to document my wishlist and it didn't appear to be working. i was wondering if someone is wrong with the item names? [item=accent: gale wolf] [item=skin: trick of the light] [item=accent: tender grasp] [item=accent: lightrunes] [item=accent: warped] [item=skin: cold morning] [item=accent: leaflace] [item=accent: sunbeam sentinel] [item=accent: ancient radiance] [item=accent: boneyard empress] [item=accent: tangled trickery] [item=accent: spirit aflame] [item=accent: bone garden] [item=accent: maren warlock] [item=accent: wraith hound] [item=accent: shimmer trick] [item=accent: foxfire guide] [item=accent: thriving song] [item=accent: triple happiness] [item=skin: hyaline] [item=accent: cumulus] [item=accent: sneaky succulents] [item=skin: season] [item=accent: wilderness halo] i have copied and pasted the exact code typed into the bio above, and as you can see it's working fine. but here in [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=215983&did=20388248]ceru's bio[/url] the items do not show up. i considered that fr may have an item limit for bios, so tested the code in [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=215983&did=38671851]au's bio[/url] as well. you can see it doesn't show up. [b]any suggestions on how to fix this are much appreciated.[/b][/center]
hi! i'm certainly no stranger to bio coding, but i was just trying to add some skins & accents into one of my dragon's bios to document my wishlist and it didn't appear to be working. i was wondering if someone is wrong with the item names?

Accent: Gale Wolf Skin: Trick of the Light Accent: Tender Grasp Accent: Lightrunes Accent: Warped Skin: Cold Morning Accent: Leaflace Accent: Sunbeam Sentinel Accent: Ancient Radiance Accent: Boneyard Empress Accent: Tangled Trickery Accent: Spirit Aflame Accent: Bone Garden Accent: Maren Warlock Accent: Wraith Hound Accent: Shimmer Trick Accent: Foxfire Guide Accent: Thriving Song Accent: Triple Happiness Skin: Hyaline Accent: Cumulus Accent: Sneaky Succulents Skin: Season Accent: Wilderness Halo

i have copied and pasted the exact code typed into the bio above, and as you can see it's working fine. but here in ceru's bio the items do not show up.

i considered that fr may have an item limit for bios, so tested the code in au's bio as well. you can see it doesn't show up.

any suggestions on how to fix this are much appreciated.
Bone Fragments xxxx » ivy.
» they/them
» adult
» fr time +17
xxxxxx
@mildlyanxiousdoe there isn't technically an item limit, just a character limit (although it's large enough that very few people ever have to worry about reaching it). a solution would be to not use the item codes; use the skin codes instead. [code][skin=ID NUMBER HERE] ex. [skin=10000][/code] [skin=10000] you can find the ID on the upper left of the skin preview window, or at the end of the item icon image URL. as long as the skins still exist as items on the site, you'll be able to show them with the skin ID code. the item code defaults to the oldest skin of a given name, which means newer skins with the same name can't be displayed.
@mildlyanxiousdoe there isn't technically an item limit, just a character limit (although it's large enough that very few people ever have to worry about reaching it). a solution would be to not use the item codes; use the skin codes instead.
Code:
[skin=ID NUMBER HERE] ex. [skin=10000]

you can find the ID on the upper left of the skin preview window, or at the end of the item icon image URL.

as long as the skins still exist as items on the site, you'll be able to show them with the skin ID code. the item code defaults to the oldest skin of a given name, which means newer skins with the same name can't be displayed.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@after

ah, thank you very much! i feel a little silly now.
@after

ah, thank you very much! i feel a little silly now.
Bone Fragments xxxx » ivy.
» they/them
» adult
» fr time +17
xxxxxx