Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Can't Seem to Sell Dragons?
Hello! I'm not exactly new, but I don't post in forums much and am unfamiliar with a lot of forum culture. I wanted to know people's advice in regards to selling their dragons and hatchlings!

I'm very sentimental, and want all my babies to go to loving homes without getting exalted... I had an experience where I decided to sell one of my first hatchlings I had been attached to and written a great deal about to make room in my lair, not expecting people to exalt dragons willy nilly bc of my lack of familiarity with the culture here, and he was exalted right away! It was very saddening, and I've had a hard time selling any of my nestlings since.

I know its ridiculous to hope, but is there a way to sell dragons so they go to people who will care about them?
Hello! I'm not exactly new, but I don't post in forums much and am unfamiliar with a lot of forum culture. I wanted to know people's advice in regards to selling their dragons and hatchlings!

I'm very sentimental, and want all my babies to go to loving homes without getting exalted... I had an experience where I decided to sell one of my first hatchlings I had been attached to and written a great deal about to make room in my lair, not expecting people to exalt dragons willy nilly bc of my lack of familiarity with the culture here, and he was exalted right away! It was very saddening, and I've had a hard time selling any of my nestlings since.

I know its ridiculous to hope, but is there a way to sell dragons so they go to people who will care about them?
23839.png flowers may grow where the sun shines upon rot and ruin.

she + they | +2 hours ahead of FR | primal collector
wishlist | gene projects | lore write ups | art shop | pwyw
@thathiplass
In simple words, no sorry. There is no fail proof way of making sure your hatchlings get a loving home. And even they are loved in the new lair, they will still be possible to be exalted after some time due to any given number of reasons.

The best way to make sure that all your babies are not gonna be exalted is, not breed any. I'm sorry but that's the only way you can be sure of a dragon's fate. For those who breed to profit, they list them for higher than fodder price (like 15k at least), and if not sell after some time, they exalt themselves. There are also other perks you can do like give them arts and stuff, which will increase the chance of them finding good home, but with limited lair space that can only guarantee they will be loved for now.
@thathiplass
In simple words, no sorry. There is no fail proof way of making sure your hatchlings get a loving home. And even they are loved in the new lair, they will still be possible to be exalted after some time due to any given number of reasons.

The best way to make sure that all your babies are not gonna be exalted is, not breed any. I'm sorry but that's the only way you can be sure of a dragon's fate. For those who breed to profit, they list them for higher than fodder price (like 15k at least), and if not sell after some time, they exalt themselves. There are also other perks you can do like give them arts and stuff, which will increase the chance of them finding good home, but with limited lair space that can only guarantee they will be loved for now.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
@thathiplass

the best way to guarantee your dragons don't get exalted is to keep them yourself. Next best would be to level them all to 25 before selling as people are more reluctant to exalt them at that level.

otherwise with exalting as a big part of the site's lore with Domincance along with being very lucrative if you level them a bit, unless the buyer finds your dragons to be incredibly special there's no guarantee that they won't end up exalted if you sell.
@thathiplass

the best way to guarantee your dragons don't get exalted is to keep them yourself. Next best would be to level them all to 25 before selling as people are more reluctant to exalt them at that level.

otherwise with exalting as a big part of the site's lore with Domincance along with being very lucrative if you level them a bit, unless the buyer finds your dragons to be incredibly special there's no guarantee that they won't end up exalted if you sell.
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
Not really, the best and fastest way to make money on the site is by buying or breeding fodder, training them in the Coli them exalting them.

If you want to breed dragons for the purpose of selling them to 'loving homes', I'd suggest looking at Hatcheries in the dragons for sale forum. People have specific pairs and keep up with latest trends, popular colors and new genes to keep their popular hatchlings selling. It takes a lot of time, effort, and will typically cost a lot when it comes to regeneing breeding pairs and all that. Otherwise don't breed them at all if you want to keep your lair space. Sometimes a random fodder offspring will get lucky and someone may be looking for that specific combination of colors, but that's pretty rare. As someone who breeds my own fodder I often list them on the AH above Fodder prices for a short amount of time, and if they sell, great! If not, then I just train and exalt.

Now to my understanding you /can/ sell Lore dragons, some people enjoy buying those to my understanding but it's also a limited market, because once you sell a dragon it's the other person's to do with what they want, and if they want to completely erase the lore then they will. They probably have their own lore planned out for that dragon. You should definitely use the forums to advertise your hatchlings in this case though. If you don't advertise them, no one will see them. Even then they might get exalted down the line anyways, for me personally I will buy a dragon because it fit as an OC or Fan Dragon (that's mostly what my lair is comprised of) and then down the road I'll find a better dragon and exalt the old one. Happens.

I'm not an expert on this but, yeah, there's just too many dragons and not enough lair space.

@thathiplass

(Edit: Whoops I spent too long typing lmao.)
Not really, the best and fastest way to make money on the site is by buying or breeding fodder, training them in the Coli them exalting them.

If you want to breed dragons for the purpose of selling them to 'loving homes', I'd suggest looking at Hatcheries in the dragons for sale forum. People have specific pairs and keep up with latest trends, popular colors and new genes to keep their popular hatchlings selling. It takes a lot of time, effort, and will typically cost a lot when it comes to regeneing breeding pairs and all that. Otherwise don't breed them at all if you want to keep your lair space. Sometimes a random fodder offspring will get lucky and someone may be looking for that specific combination of colors, but that's pretty rare. As someone who breeds my own fodder I often list them on the AH above Fodder prices for a short amount of time, and if they sell, great! If not, then I just train and exalt.

Now to my understanding you /can/ sell Lore dragons, some people enjoy buying those to my understanding but it's also a limited market, because once you sell a dragon it's the other person's to do with what they want, and if they want to completely erase the lore then they will. They probably have their own lore planned out for that dragon. You should definitely use the forums to advertise your hatchlings in this case though. If you don't advertise them, no one will see them. Even then they might get exalted down the line anyways, for me personally I will buy a dragon because it fit as an OC or Fan Dragon (that's mostly what my lair is comprised of) and then down the road I'll find a better dragon and exalt the old one. Happens.

I'm not an expert on this but, yeah, there's just too many dragons and not enough lair space.

@thathiplass

(Edit: Whoops I spent too long typing lmao.)
houndoom-mega.gif
HSWqWgZ.pngo6n8ZXM.pngR1dejfm.pngfg6G1CJ.png4ogWlJU.png
Please always ping me!
@hat17 @Anourou @Doomy

thank you all so much for your kind-worded advice!

I think my lesson here is that I must be more careful/selective with my breeding, even though I think it is very exciting, or become less attached to my hatchlings (even though it seems impossible!). again, I appreciate all your in-depth answers and general thoughtfulness for my simple question!!
@hat17 @Anourou @Doomy

thank you all so much for your kind-worded advice!

I think my lesson here is that I must be more careful/selective with my breeding, even though I think it is very exciting, or become less attached to my hatchlings (even though it seems impossible!). again, I appreciate all your in-depth answers and general thoughtfulness for my simple question!!
23839.png flowers may grow where the sun shines upon rot and ruin.

she + they | +2 hours ahead of FR | primal collector
wishlist | gene projects | lore write ups | art shop | pwyw