Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How do I breed my goal dragon?
Should I breed the colors first or the genes first? Or maybe both at the same time? It's my first time, so I'm kinda confused if there are any specific steps to this or anything. The end result looks like this: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=29&bodygene=2&breed=10&element=5&gender=0&tert=27&tertgene=9&winggene=5&wings=78&auth=8cf4103c683e3f0b05ae513a3fdeb0bd6e6b7c16&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Male Primary Gene: Tiger Primary Color: Turquoise Secondary Gene: Seraph Secondary Color: Thicket Tertiary Gene: Okapi Tertiary Color: Azure
Should I breed the colors first or the genes first? Or maybe both at the same time? It's my first time, so I'm kinda confused if there are any specific steps to this or anything.

The end result looks like this:
dragon?age=1&body=29&bodygene=2&breed=10&element=5&gender=0&tert=27&tertgene=9&winggene=5&wings=78&auth=8cf4103c683e3f0b05ae513a3fdeb0bd6e6b7c16&dummyext=prev.png
Male
Primary Gene: Tiger
Primary Color: Turquoise
Secondary Gene: Seraph
Secondary Color: Thicket
Tertiary Gene: Okapi
Tertiary Color: Azure

ezgif_4_32b7e5730b_by_zekrio-dc3ovn8.gif
@Zekrio
Probably colour first, but also look out for potential mates that can give the correct genes. You cannot change colours at will, but you can with genes (with the help of some treasure/gems), so that's why I'd focus on colour more.

Basically my order for breeding projects are:
colours > whatever is the most expensive part of my goal >> the rest

So in your case, I'd try stay with wildclaw-only pairs or a wildclaw x coatl pair, and search for pairs that can give your goal combo with a narrow range and start from there. Constantly searching for new dragons that you can swap the pairs to get better/closer results. And good luck.

edit:
Also you might want to have a budget in mind, so you're not blowing a few thousand gems on the breeding pairs, since by then you're probably gonna spent less by gening one from scratch. :P
@Zekrio
Probably colour first, but also look out for potential mates that can give the correct genes. You cannot change colours at will, but you can with genes (with the help of some treasure/gems), so that's why I'd focus on colour more.

Basically my order for breeding projects are:
colours > whatever is the most expensive part of my goal >> the rest

So in your case, I'd try stay with wildclaw-only pairs or a wildclaw x coatl pair, and search for pairs that can give your goal combo with a narrow range and start from there. Constantly searching for new dragons that you can swap the pairs to get better/closer results. And good luck.

edit:
Also you might want to have a budget in mind, so you're not blowing a few thousand gems on the breeding pairs, since by then you're probably gonna spent less by gening one from scratch. :P
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
@hat17 Aah I see. Thank you for the informative reply! :)
@hat17 Aah I see. Thank you for the informative reply! :)

@Amphithere Alright, thanks!
@Amphithere Alright, thanks!

@Amphithere That's also a neat method too! I'll give it a shot. :)
@Amphithere That's also a neat method too! I'll give it a shot. :)