Help Center
Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Any way to get bio back + a glitch?
So I had this dragon's bio all coded up. I went back to it, made an edit, saved, etc. The edit was made, the bio was updated, everything was how it should be. Then I clicked the dragon's familiar, got the reward, the page reloaded, and... Gone. Everything in his bio was deleted. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18311987] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/183120/18311987_350.png[/img] [/url] Is there any way at all to get his bio information back that you know of, and is this a known glitch, a new glitch, or not a glitch at all?
So I had this dragon's bio all coded up. I went back to it, made an edit, saved, etc. The edit was made, the bio was updated, everything was how it should be. Then I clicked the dragon's familiar, got the reward, the page reloaded, and...

Gone.

Everything in his bio was deleted.

18311987_350.png

Is there any way at all to get his bio information back that you know of, and is this a known glitch, a new glitch, or not a glitch at all?
webp_net_resizeimage__14__by_ianubis-dc2e9qz.jpg
Want the chance to get a surprise drawing of your dragon from me?
Fill out the form!
@TheDragonEmperor if you hit Edit, is there anything there or is it completely empty?
@TheDragonEmperor if you hit Edit, is there anything there or is it completely empty?
tumblr_osozo8cy8d1ttvdxao1_250.pngpAhQwGC.pngfgopuOq.gif
@TheDragonEmperor that's... really weird. usually if a bio "disappears" but the content is still there under Edit, then it's just a case of a missing bracket. if you use a < or >, that WILL eat the bio, but you mentioned you saved it and it still showed up before bonding with the familiar, so it doesn't seem like it would be that either, hmm... if you hit the back button on your browser enough times, will it take you back to the edit window, or have you already gone to too many pages since then?

if that doesn't turn up anything, you could try PMing @Mutron or sending a message through Contact Us and see if the staff might be able to restore it from a backup, but other than that, you might be out of luck. :(
@TheDragonEmperor that's... really weird. usually if a bio "disappears" but the content is still there under Edit, then it's just a case of a missing bracket. if you use a < or >, that WILL eat the bio, but you mentioned you saved it and it still showed up before bonding with the familiar, so it doesn't seem like it would be that either, hmm... if you hit the back button on your browser enough times, will it take you back to the edit window, or have you already gone to too many pages since then?

if that doesn't turn up anything, you could try PMing @Mutron or sending a message through Contact Us and see if the staff might be able to restore it from a backup, but other than that, you might be out of luck. :(
@TheDragonEmperor faaaaantastic, good to know there's something else that can eat bios besides the HTML brackets, agh. i haven't bonded with all of my familiars yet today so i was able to duplicate the issue, which means it's not a completely isolated thing on your end, at least. i wonder if it happens to others very often, this is the first i'm hearing of it.

no problem! i'm just sorry i couldn't be of more help though, i know having to redo lost work is definitely a pain. >n<
@TheDragonEmperor faaaaantastic, good to know there's something else that can eat bios besides the HTML brackets, agh. i haven't bonded with all of my familiars yet today so i was able to duplicate the issue, which means it's not a completely isolated thing on your end, at least. i wonder if it happens to others very often, this is the first i'm hearing of it.

no problem! i'm just sorry i couldn't be of more help though, i know having to redo lost work is definitely a pain. >n<
@TheDragonEmperor I apologize for the loss of the bio, I understand this is very frustrating. If you can please send us a Contact Us ticket with the details (most importantly the dragon ID and approximate date/time it was lost) we will see what we can do!

We are usually able to find a good copy of lost bios, but it takes some time as we have to dig into the archives, so to speak.
@TheDragonEmperor I apologize for the loss of the bio, I understand this is very frustrating. If you can please send us a Contact Us ticket with the details (most importantly the dragon ID and approximate date/time it was lost) we will see what we can do!

We are usually able to find a good copy of lost bios, but it takes some time as we have to dig into the archives, so to speak.
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@TheDragonEmperor in the meantime, I'd recommend installing the Lazarus extension. It's saved me more than once from magically deleting bios.

(p.s. they also seem get deleted if you name a dragon in the dragon's page after editing+saving, just so you can avoid further heartbreak in the future)
@TheDragonEmperor in the meantime, I'd recommend installing the Lazarus extension. It's saved me more than once from magically deleting bios.

(p.s. they also seem get deleted if you name a dragon in the dragon's page after editing+saving, just so you can avoid further heartbreak in the future)
@TheDragonEmperor yay, glad i could help! That's one of the first three extensions I always install whenever I get a new computer. RPing would have been a nightmare without it.
@TheDragonEmperor yay, glad i could help! That's one of the first three extensions I always install whenever I get a new computer. RPing would have been a nightmare without it.
What I have gained from this is that if you write in a dragon's bio, then do anything on the dragon's page, the bio disappears. Good to know.
What I have gained from this is that if you write in a dragon's bio, then do anything on the dragon's page, the bio disappears. Good to know.
tumblr_inline_nbe8e2NZyN1qg78ij.png She/Her or They/Them ~ +3FR vista_wc2.pngthpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png THPT