Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Color Probability?
I know there are lots of guides floating around about breeding possibilities. I understand gene rarity statistics, I am trying to find a guide that simplifies possible color outcomes when putting two dragons together.

To simplify things, let's assume both parents are obsidian primary and obsidian secondary.
If father has robin tertiary and mother has lapis tertiary, will the babies have equal chances of getting anything between robin and lapis on the wheel?

If I am hoping for a cyan tertiary, would it be better to only use parents who are cyan, robin, aqua, turquoise?
I know there are lots of guides floating around about breeding possibilities. I understand gene rarity statistics, I am trying to find a guide that simplifies possible color outcomes when putting two dragons together.

To simplify things, let's assume both parents are obsidian primary and obsidian secondary.
If father has robin tertiary and mother has lapis tertiary, will the babies have equal chances of getting anything between robin and lapis on the wheel?

If I am hoping for a cyan tertiary, would it be better to only use parents who are cyan, robin, aqua, turquoise?
@CabilleAmore

Since colors are not rarity based, offspring have an equal chance of getting any one color in the range between the parents. So, if you're looking for a specific color... your best bet is to have parents' with the tightest range possible - ideally, in this case, this would be parents that would both have cyan or cyan - robin. But yeah, cyan to turquoise is a tight enough range.
@CabilleAmore

Since colors are not rarity based, offspring have an equal chance of getting any one color in the range between the parents. So, if you're looking for a specific color... your best bet is to have parents' with the tightest range possible - ideally, in this case, this would be parents that would both have cyan or cyan - robin. But yeah, cyan to turquoise is a tight enough range.
..........................................................~FR+1~
Mod Tip: Site bugging out? Clear your cache. :)
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group.
GnWIkP6.gif
@CabilleAmore

Yes, all colors have an equal probability. However, keep in mind the breed of the dragons you're using- Imperials need a full month between breedings, so you'll want a much tighter color range than with Plentifuls.
@CabilleAmore

Yes, all colors have an equal probability. However, keep in mind the breed of the dragons you're using- Imperials need a full month between breedings, so you'll want a much tighter color range than with Plentifuls.
windh4.png