Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Confused about new genes
I was looking for opal dragons on the AH and I saw an opal dragon that was 11 months old.

So can someone tell me what happens before a new gene is released? Like, how that person had an 11 moth old opal dragon?
I was looking for opal dragons on the AH and I saw an opal dragon that was 11 months old.

So can someone tell me what happens before a new gene is released? Like, how that person had an 11 moth old opal dragon?
mh8jR2Z.gif By: Wakor, check it out!
@Willowfern28

They applied the Opal gene (bought in the Gem Marketplace) to an older dragon.
@Willowfern28

They applied the Opal gene (bought in the Gem Marketplace) to an older dragon.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
@Willowfern28

To explain a bit more: All genes on all dragons are applied through gnenscrolls or are passed down from a ancestor that had a genescroll appied to them. Same goes for most breeds. Anything that is not a starterbreed was either scrolled or is the descendant of a dragon that was scrolled by someone.

So every dragons of every age can have the newest genes - if the owner decided to use them.
@Willowfern28

To explain a bit more: All genes on all dragons are applied through gnenscrolls or are passed down from a ancestor that had a genescroll appied to them. Same goes for most breeds. Anything that is not a starterbreed was either scrolled or is the descendant of a dragon that was scrolled by someone.

So every dragons of every age can have the newest genes - if the owner decided to use them.
@Greyjoy @Ismaiel

AHHHHHHHHGG FFMKG

WELL i WAS KINDA STUPID.

They applied it after it came out! GEEZ.

@Greyjoy @Ismaiel

AHHHHHHHHGG FFMKG

WELL i WAS KINDA STUPID.

They applied it after it came out! GEEZ.

mh8jR2Z.gif By: Wakor, check it out!