Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Commissioning custom skins for RL $?
Lol that title.

1: Are players still allowed to make unofficial instant chat rooms for Flight Rising? And advertise it in somewhere like General Discussion? I've been wanting to make a Flight Rising Discord server as a (hopefully) more convenient way for everyone to chat together. I know there's the Mibbit chat (don't even know if it's still around), but IRC is horribly inconvenient IMO. So if I did that and made it very clear that it's fan-run only and not officially sanctioned in any way, would that be fine?

Had my first question answered but I still have one more! x:

2: Can artists accept real world currency for custom skin/accent commissions? I feel like this is a bit of a gray area and the answer doesn't appear to be expressly stated in the TOS. Specifically, it wouldn't be the skins as items themselves being sold, it would be paying the artist to draw the art to then be turned into an item. In case that distinction is important. Again, it feels super gray to me. xD
Lol that title.

1: Are players still allowed to make unofficial instant chat rooms for Flight Rising? And advertise it in somewhere like General Discussion? I've been wanting to make a Flight Rising Discord server as a (hopefully) more convenient way for everyone to chat together. I know there's the Mibbit chat (don't even know if it's still around), but IRC is horribly inconvenient IMO. So if I did that and made it very clear that it's fan-run only and not officially sanctioned in any way, would that be fine?

Had my first question answered but I still have one more! x:

2: Can artists accept real world currency for custom skin/accent commissions? I feel like this is a bit of a gray area and the answer doesn't appear to be expressly stated in the TOS. Specifically, it wouldn't be the skins as items themselves being sold, it would be paying the artist to draw the art to then be turned into an item. In case that distinction is important. Again, it feels super gray to me. xD

Seeking:
» G1 unbred Fire Flight obs/raspberry/ivory female
» UB Fire blood/choc/ivory male (G1 preferred)
» UB Fire obs/obs/ivory male (G1 preferred)
» UB Fire choc/obs/ivory arcane female (G1 preferred)
ijcaSw5.gif
@Xaishi
For your first question, there are a bunch of discord severs, both in flight and general, so I don't see why another wouldn't be allowed unless there is something about what you are asking I'm missing.
@Xaishi
For your first question, there are a bunch of discord severs, both in flight and general, so I don't see why another wouldn't be allowed unless there is something about what you are asking I'm missing.
@SoulofChaos - Ooh okay. I actually tried to look all over for a general Discord chat before posting this (cuz then I'd just join that instead of making one) but I could not for the life of me find anything. xD
@SoulofChaos - Ooh okay. I actually tried to look all over for a general Discord chat before posting this (cuz then I'd just join that instead of making one) but I could not for the life of me find anything. xD

Seeking:
ijcaSw5.gif
@Xaishi
Yea since bumping isn't allowed in flight rising discussion, which is where I saw one once, they sort of...disappear. Someone might come along that knows the name of one, one big one I've heard of is...chatter rising? Not too sure.
@Xaishi
Yea since bumping isn't allowed in flight rising discussion, which is where I saw one once, they sort of...disappear. Someone might come along that knows the name of one, one big one I've heard of is...chatter rising? Not too sure.
@Xaishi @SoulofChaos Hey there! Posting threads for the sake of advertisement is not allowed, which is why you don't see people advertizing Discord chats. They do exist and you are free to put off-site chats in your signature or profile, as long as those chats don't involve nsfw and other inappropriate conversations.
@Xaishi @SoulofChaos Hey there! Posting threads for the sake of advertisement is not allowed, which is why you don't see people advertizing Discord chats. They do exist and you are free to put off-site chats in your signature or profile, as long as those chats don't involve nsfw and other inappropriate conversations.
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@McChicken - Omg. When I'm being silly on sites and things I put my last name in as McChickens! (Because I love those fat fluffy birbs.) So, naturally, I love your name. xD And thanks a ton! I've been wishing I had more FR friends but I hate socializing through forums for random chattery stuff, haha.

@JCStitches - Oooh, I see. Thanks!
@McChicken - Omg. When I'm being silly on sites and things I put my last name in as McChickens! (Because I love those fat fluffy birbs.) So, naturally, I love your name. xD And thanks a ton! I've been wishing I had more FR friends but I hate socializing through forums for random chattery stuff, haha.

@JCStitches - Oooh, I see. Thanks!

Seeking:
ijcaSw5.gif
Still have one more question. Hopefully it's okay if I bump this back onto the first page. u.u
Still have one more question. Hopefully it's okay if I bump this back onto the first page. u.u

Seeking:
ijcaSw5.gif
@Xaishi Hey, you can commission the skins as art pieces and that's totally fine, many accent artists already do custom accents/skins :>
@Xaishi Hey, you can commission the skins as art pieces and that's totally fine, many accent artists already do custom accents/skins :>
120px-Th155Yukari3.png Girls are now preparing,
please wait warmly and have some tea.

ribbons | she/her | fr+0
@Ribbons - Ooh, okay! I guess I had bad luck with trying to find that out when I poked around, since I managed to miss every instance of anyone mentioning accepting USD for customs. xD
@Ribbons - Ooh, okay! I guess I had bad luck with trying to find that out when I poked around, since I managed to miss every instance of anyone mentioning accepting USD for customs. xD

Seeking:
ijcaSw5.gif