Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Profile Comments Disappearing?
I've noticed that comments seem to delete themselves after a while, but I see other profiles with comments back from 2013. Is this supposed to happen?
I've noticed that comments seem to delete themselves after a while, but I see other profiles with comments back from 2013. Is this supposed to happen?
forum-signature.png
@Undertale

The person who made the comment, as well as the person whose profile the comment is on, both have the power to delete comments. Comments, including those from 2013, stay if neither of those people delete them.
@Undertale

The person who made the comment, as well as the person whose profile the comment is on, both have the power to delete comments. Comments, including those from 2013, stay if neither of those people delete them.
2drwvZa.png
@marchhare

That would mean every person (a few dozen individuals) that has commented on on my profile since 2014 has deleted their comment, including users that haven't been active for over over a year.
@marchhare

That would mean every person (a few dozen individuals) that has commented on on my profile since 2014 has deleted their comment, including users that haven't been active for over over a year.
forum-signature.png
@Undertale

In that case, I'm not sure. I've never heard of comments being deleted on their own, and it's never happened to me, either.
@Undertale

In that case, I'm not sure. I've never heard of comments being deleted on their own, and it's never happened to me, either.
2drwvZa.png
@Undertale i noticed this too but i think it's more something like "after a certain amount of comments, we will delete the oldest comments" - for me, i never have more than two pages of comments? other people seem to have three, but yeah. i think it's some kind of mechanism
@Undertale i noticed this too but i think it's more something like "after a certain amount of comments, we will delete the oldest comments" - for me, i never have more than two pages of comments? other people seem to have three, but yeah. i think it's some kind of mechanism
tumblr_inline_nrfexpRtWh1rbfe8q_500.gif
Triple Chocolate Gen1 Auction this way!
@Undertale It is a mechanism. After your page reaches a certain amount of comments, they'll start deleting themselves. The reason why you see people with comments from 2013 is probably because people didn't post on their page frequently enough for those comments to be gone.
@Undertale It is a mechanism. After your page reaches a certain amount of comments, they'll start deleting themselves. The reason why you see people with comments from 2013 is probably because people didn't post on their page frequently enough for those comments to be gone.
WBsJuD1.pngiQrvnPv.pngfvfrO0T.pngg2TOb2t.pngzy5WGDV.png
@undertale
as avoidreality said it only accepts a certain amount of comments you cant have a long list it has a capacity and each comment moves down with new comments and at a point it ddisappears i was confused when i was new too but i figured from other games XD and of course people can delete it
@undertale
as avoidreality said it only accepts a certain amount of comments you cant have a long list it has a capacity and each comment moves down with new comments and at a point it ddisappears i was confused when i was new too but i figured from other games XD and of course people can delete it

9Ec97kg.png
@darkmicewar @5keletons @Juleatic @marchhare @Undertale

Do you know if there is any way to retrieve lost comments, like is there an archive function for the comments one can access or are they just completely gone forever?

Started getting a lot of comments and it is sad that people disappear because sometimes that comment is the only way to find a person if you forgot their username.
@darkmicewar @5keletons @Juleatic @marchhare @Undertale

Do you know if there is any way to retrieve lost comments, like is there an archive function for the comments one can access or are they just completely gone forever?

Started getting a lot of comments and it is sad that people disappear because sometimes that comment is the only way to find a person if you forgot their username.
BN2qBx.jpg
@SilentMoose
You just necroed the thread.. dont bring up old threads.
And no.. theres like only 3 pages you can see no more
@SilentMoose
You just necroed the thread.. dont bring up old threads.
And no.. theres like only 3 pages you can see no more

9Ec97kg.png
@darkmicewar

Sorry didn't know old threads weren't allowed, just thought since you guys seemed to know about this issue you would be able to answer it best. Thank you for the answer though, gonna have to start taking screenshots of my comments so I don't lose them xD
@darkmicewar

Sorry didn't know old threads weren't allowed, just thought since you guys seemed to know about this issue you would be able to answer it best. Thank you for the answer though, gonna have to start taking screenshots of my comments so I don't lose them xD
BN2qBx.jpg