Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Tiny Little Questions
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 3158 3159
Hello @Hayley!

1.) You can try gathering together enough treasure to a) buy a hatchling from someone breeding Wildclaws b) get one for sale in an auction thread c) in the Auction House under "Other." There are some there right now.

2.) Magic doesn't necessarily deal more damage than Physical. That misconception probably comes from "Contuse" doing more damage than "Scratch." It would be cheaper to give them back the physical attacks than to get two Tinctures of Dissolution, but that's up to you. Were they doing badly before you changed their attacks?

3. ) It's all pure luck. The odds get better as you reach the higher levels in Scavenging, but that's about it.
Hello @Hayley!

1.) You can try gathering together enough treasure to a) buy a hatchling from someone breeding Wildclaws b) get one for sale in an auction thread c) in the Auction House under "Other." There are some there right now.

2.) Magic doesn't necessarily deal more damage than Physical. That misconception probably comes from "Contuse" doing more damage than "Scratch." It would be cheaper to give them back the physical attacks than to get two Tinctures of Dissolution, but that's up to you. Were they doing badly before you changed their attacks?

3. ) It's all pure luck. The odds get better as you reach the higher levels in Scavenging, but that's about it.
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@JCStitches, they were getting wiped out by magic attacks with critical hits of 100-250 damage points. I gave them attacks like ice slash and heal, but they couldn't use them because they never got enough magic points to use them.

1) Can progenitor dragons breed with other dragons, or are your first two dragons mates for life?
@JCStitches, they were getting wiped out by magic attacks with critical hits of 100-250 damage points. I gave them attacks like ice slash and heal, but they couldn't use them because they never got enough magic points to use them.

1) Can progenitor dragons breed with other dragons, or are your first two dragons mates for life?
pixelwindsinger_zpskiovsiug.gif
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro3_250.gif
How much treasure do you get from exalting a dragon?
How much treasure do you get from exalting a dragon?
KUs4mKR.png yaSdaPU.pngNJq1GMz.png
Feel free to call me Lil and please ping me if you need to get my attention.
@Hayley There are better people to ask about battling than me, but it looks like you have their stats are so evenly distributed that they don't have an edge in any particular one. @Salmastryon Are you around, could you help with some advice?

1) They can breed with as many other dragons as you like, there aren't any permanent mates in FR unless you want them to be.
@Hayley There are better people to ask about battling than me, but it looks like you have their stats are so evenly distributed that they don't have an edge in any particular one. @Salmastryon Are you around, could you help with some advice?

1) They can breed with as many other dragons as you like, there aren't any permanent mates in FR unless you want them to be.
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@lililira I haven't exalted any dragons in the live version, but in Beta level 1 adults and hatchlings were around 1,000 and level 10 adults were around 5,000.
@lililira I haven't exalted any dragons in the live version, but in Beta level 1 adults and hatchlings were around 1,000 and level 10 adults were around 5,000.
@Hayley @JCStitches
First thing I notice off the bat, looking at the stats on your dragons, is that their quickness is rather low. With higher quickness the enemy won't have so many turns in between your turns. My lvl 7 tank who is slow has a quickness of 15. Generally it is a good rule of thumb to put at least one point into quickness each level. For healers, support or dps more than one quickness is ideal.

Since you mentioned attacks like ice slash, I'm just going to make sure you know how stats effect abilities. Attacks like scratch,shred, sap and ice slash all do damage based on how much strength your dragon has. Contuse, Aid, Regeneration and Frigid Bolt do damage or healing based on your dragon has.

You can find a list of all the battle stones and which stats effect them at this link: http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=help&id=50501&p=mb

If you don't mind me asking what roles do your various dragons play and which stones do they have? I'm assuming Saturn is your magic caster and you gave her the heal to cast. Alcyoneum looks to be your physical dps. I'm not sure what Opal does based on her stats.

@Hayley @JCStitches
First thing I notice off the bat, looking at the stats on your dragons, is that their quickness is rather low. With higher quickness the enemy won't have so many turns in between your turns. My lvl 7 tank who is slow has a quickness of 15. Generally it is a good rule of thumb to put at least one point into quickness each level. For healers, support or dps more than one quickness is ideal.

Since you mentioned attacks like ice slash, I'm just going to make sure you know how stats effect abilities. Attacks like scratch,shred, sap and ice slash all do damage based on how much strength your dragon has. Contuse, Aid, Regeneration and Frigid Bolt do damage or healing based on your dragon has.

You can find a list of all the battle stones and which stats effect them at this link: http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=help&id=50501&p=mb

If you don't mind me asking what roles do your various dragons play and which stones do they have? I'm assuming Saturn is your magic caster and you gave her the heal to cast. Alcyoneum looks to be your physical dps. I'm not sure what Opal does based on her stats.

FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
I'm back, but life is being complicated. It probably will take awhile for me to reply, because I log on irratically.
Does anyone know why my wave slash is so weak? Even when I hit a monster who has an element im strong against it's only doing 66-77 damage. The only time it does anything useful is when it crits. Sometimes I hit monsters I am weak against for more damage than this. For reference: [img]http://gyazo.com/8576d46fd5ed8f5ee7527971956de0a7.png[/img] [img]http://gyazo.com/14c7559ecc9b4e1184aa4fef084f3e07.png[/img] unless wave slash actually scales with int I have no idea what's going on. My other melee is doing more damage than this with his slash, his strength is at 35 however.
Does anyone know why my wave slash is so weak? Even when I hit a monster who has an element im strong against it's only doing 66-77 damage. The only time it does anything useful is when it crits. Sometimes I hit monsters I am weak against for more damage than this.

For reference:
8576d46fd5ed8f5ee7527971956de0a7.png
14c7559ecc9b4e1184aa4fef084f3e07.png

unless wave slash actually scales with int I have no idea what's going on. My other melee is doing more damage than this with his slash, his strength is at 35 however.
@Kadaashi It looks like you've made him more balanced/tanky than your other attacker. The disparity in STR between them has a lot to do with the difference in their damage. 10 stat points doesn't sound like a lot but at that low level it makes a huge difference. If you want him to do more damage, give him more STR when he levels up.
@Kadaashi It looks like you've made him more balanced/tanky than your other attacker. The disparity in STR between them has a lot to do with the difference in their damage. 10 stat points doesn't sound like a lot but at that low level it makes a huge difference. If you want him to do more damage, give him more STR when he levels up.
@Kadaashi
Nevermind, I didn't look at the stats for the level. *blushes* Fortunately @Cymas was around to catch it. :P
@Kadaashi
Nevermind, I didn't look at the stats for the level. *blushes* Fortunately @Cymas was around to catch it. :P
FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
I'm back, but life is being complicated. It probably will take awhile for me to reply, because I log on irratically.
@Cymas
Alright, thank you. I was wondering if that had been the problem. At level 4 I spent a bit of his points in vitality and def to help him out with how much damage he takes and I didn't think it would make that big of a difference if it was only a little boost instead of putting all the points for that level into strength. The damage he's doing with that attack still seems very low though.

@Salmastryon
Thank you! That would help me out a lot.

e: I'll throw everything into strength and see what happens then. I just think it's weird he's doing very little damage to something he's strong against

e2: omg ok im dumb it's like 4am and im really tired so i just realized i think the problem was I was in a zone that was too high for that particular dragon. i didn't think that would be a problem because he's 2 levels away from the scorched forest. i could have sworn i was leveling him in woodland path though and his damage was messing up there, but if it was it's back to normal now? i should go to bed.
@Cymas
Alright, thank you. I was wondering if that had been the problem. At level 4 I spent a bit of his points in vitality and def to help him out with how much damage he takes and I didn't think it would make that big of a difference if it was only a little boost instead of putting all the points for that level into strength. The damage he's doing with that attack still seems very low though.

@Salmastryon
Thank you! That would help me out a lot.

e: I'll throw everything into strength and see what happens then. I just think it's weird he's doing very little damage to something he's strong against

e2: omg ok im dumb it's like 4am and im really tired so i just realized i think the problem was I was in a zone that was too high for that particular dragon. i didn't think that would be a problem because he's 2 levels away from the scorched forest. i could have sworn i was leveling him in woodland path though and his damage was messing up there, but if it was it's back to normal now? i should go to bed.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 3158 3159