Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LF book suggestions
Hiya, my name is that one idiot who tries to exist but fails so badly she has this forum count scoreNyxx. Hush. I can read my username——

Anyways, lol, I want some book suggestions. I generally listen to one at night to help with my bad sleep issues (I don’t want to call it a issue but the idea of having uncomfortable troubling habits of my physical self not falling asleep is not a short response so I’m just gonna call it issues lol) (aka bad sleep) and help me -eventually- fall asleep without going stir crazy, but I just finished re-listening to the reawakened series for the eight time so,,,,,,,

Anyways, I like fantasy, mythology, dystopian, overpowered main female charectors who everyone dislikes in every fandom ever, etc.

Some of my all time favorite books are:

-witch fairy, true of blood
-uglies trilogy
-hunger games
-Morrison crow / nevermoor
-keepers of the lost cities
-reawakened series (not the ending tho :/ )
-Shadowhunters
-trials of Apollo (iffy)
-all Rick Rodden books (that are kid appropriate)
-witch of blackbird pond
-etc—-

I’m fine with gore, drama, etc, but nothing revolving around 18+ content. (Nsfw), so legit don’t suggest anything with that ; ;

Anyways, tell me about some of you’re favorite books/series and whether or not I should be forewarned about anything c:

Thanks! Subbed uwu
Hiya, my name is that one idiot who tries to exist but fails so badly she has this forum count scoreNyxx. Hush. I can read my username——

Anyways, lol, I want some book suggestions. I generally listen to one at night to help with my bad sleep issues (I don’t want to call it a issue but the idea of having uncomfortable troubling habits of my physical self not falling asleep is not a short response so I’m just gonna call it issues lol) (aka bad sleep) and help me -eventually- fall asleep without going stir crazy, but I just finished re-listening to the reawakened series for the eight time so,,,,,,,

Anyways, I like fantasy, mythology, dystopian, overpowered main female charectors who everyone dislikes in every fandom ever, etc.

Some of my all time favorite books are:

-witch fairy, true of blood
-uglies trilogy
-hunger games
-Morrison crow / nevermoor
-keepers of the lost cities
-reawakened series (not the ending tho :/ )
-Shadowhunters
-trials of Apollo (iffy)
-all Rick Rodden books (that are kid appropriate)
-witch of blackbird pond
-etc—-

I’m fine with gore, drama, etc, but nothing revolving around 18+ content. (Nsfw), so legit don’t suggest anything with that ; ;

Anyways, tell me about some of you’re favorite books/series and whether or not I should be forewarned about anything c:

Thanks! Subbed uwu
Star.png
Poetry:
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3127355/1#post_50986043
Oh, strong female character? Did someone say The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding/The Last of Prince Alastor? This book is a 2-party at the moment, I've yet to read the second one.

It's about demons and magic, i'll be frank and say that the mc is a male but there is a support secondary mc who's just fantastic. His sister is also pretty rad.

To give a brief, brief synopsis; this guy's family peeved off a malefactor (demon) and betrayed him, the demon comes back and things get wild for the mc.
Oh, strong female character? Did someone say The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding/The Last of Prince Alastor? This book is a 2-party at the moment, I've yet to read the second one.

It's about demons and magic, i'll be frank and say that the mc is a male but there is a support secondary mc who's just fantastic. His sister is also pretty rad.

To give a brief, brief synopsis; this guy's family peeved off a malefactor (demon) and betrayed him, the demon comes back and things get wild for the mc.
If you're looking for a good dystopian novel you should read The Trial by Franz Kafka. It's not really a standard dystopian novel, and really I'm making liberal use of the word "dystopian" by calling it such, but it's an amazing novel, an also a pretty quick one at that. i finished it in less than a week.
If you're looking for a good dystopian novel you should read The Trial by Franz Kafka. It's not really a standard dystopian novel, and really I'm making liberal use of the word "dystopian" by calling it such, but it's an amazing novel, an also a pretty quick one at that. i finished it in less than a week.
"Darkness still fell upon the cliff and the horn of the new moon vanished in the end behind the window of the wall as into a long-feared shelter in the Earth rich with the frames humility of God's memory and reflections. The stars in the sky shivered as they crawled once more up the fantastic ladder and into the void of themselves. They wondered whose turn would be next to fall from the sky as the last ghost of the crew had died and they alone were left to frame Christ's tree and home."
@owlynx, oh I actually remember getting that book from free at a store and never got around to reading it c: (what I get for not reading the flip) thanks for the suggestion, I’ll defiantly have to look at it again c:

Kinda reminds me of a book series I really loved called “Fallen Academy” about a world where the angels (arch angels) fell from heaven to protect earth from Lucifer and his demons, and when the demons/angels shot pow wow, humans sometimes got hit and got some rare powers, causing two schools to open up, fallen academy and demon academy. The main girl gets black angel wings, causing a huge event in the “choosing” ceremony that happens when you’re 14/16 (forgot which), and the demons try to lure her over. Eventually she gets sent to flakes academy lol, where she meets a boy she likes. (That might seem like spoilers to anyone that hasn’t read it but that’s all basically in the flip/back/first chapter) it’s a really awesome story, so if you like demons/magic/blood bonds (etc) id reccomened checking it out, along with witch fairy

wow that turned into a wall of text real quick, this is what happens when I talk about books-x
@owlynx, oh I actually remember getting that book from free at a store and never got around to reading it c: (what I get for not reading the flip) thanks for the suggestion, I’ll defiantly have to look at it again c:

Kinda reminds me of a book series I really loved called “Fallen Academy” about a world where the angels (arch angels) fell from heaven to protect earth from Lucifer and his demons, and when the demons/angels shot pow wow, humans sometimes got hit and got some rare powers, causing two schools to open up, fallen academy and demon academy. The main girl gets black angel wings, causing a huge event in the “choosing” ceremony that happens when you’re 14/16 (forgot which), and the demons try to lure her over. Eventually she gets sent to flakes academy lol, where she meets a boy she likes. (That might seem like spoilers to anyone that hasn’t read it but that’s all basically in the flip/back/first chapter) it’s a really awesome story, so if you like demons/magic/blood bonds (etc) id reccomened checking it out, along with witch fairy

wow that turned into a wall of text real quick, this is what happens when I talk about books-x
Star.png
Poetry:
@arrowXflight
I'll definitely look into it! I've been stuck reading animal POVs books for the longest time, I'm going to start weaning myself off of it and onto some more fantasy genres.
@arrowXflight
I'll definitely look into it! I've been stuck reading animal POVs books for the longest time, I'm going to start weaning myself off of it and onto some more fantasy genres.
@blackclover

Thanks, I’ll check it out!
I personally finish 300-500 paged books I really like within a hour or two at the most lol, reason my parents never buy me books hehe—-
@blackclover

Thanks, I’ll check it out!
I personally finish 300-500 paged books I really like within a hour or two at the most lol, reason my parents never buy me books hehe—-
Star.png
Poetry:
@owllynx (peace sign emoji)

Mhm! Tell me what you think of it, good or bad c:
Also, if you haven’t checked it out yet warriors has around 100+ full-books, so it might be worth looking into if you like longer series c: (we get our healthy dose of lgbtqia+ cats in it too, along with Forbidden relathionships lol)
@owllynx (peace sign emoji)

Mhm! Tell me what you think of it, good or bad c:
Also, if you haven’t checked it out yet warriors has around 100+ full-books, so it might be worth looking into if you like longer series c: (we get our healthy dose of lgbtqia+ cats in it too, along with Forbidden relathionships lol)
Star.png
Poetry:
@arrowXflight

Mhmmm, read all the books. Every last one. Even the mangas and stand-alone tales. I've never noticed an lgbtq relationship in it, but boy those forbidden romances were so nice (Alderheart x Needletail, Crowfeather x Leafpool)

A lot of people shipped Mothflight and Leafpool (guess it's over now that Mothflight is dead), don't know why. I never liked the idea of shipping characters who share a close bond of friendship.
@arrowXflight

Mhmmm, read all the books. Every last one. Even the mangas and stand-alone tales. I've never noticed an lgbtq relationship in it, but boy those forbidden romances were so nice (Alderheart x Needletail, Crowfeather x Leafpool)

A lot of people shipped Mothflight and Leafpool (guess it's over now that Mothflight is dead), don't know why. I never liked the idea of shipping characters who share a close bond of friendship.
@owlynx, no kidding.
I personally kinda preffered to think of mothflight as a ace-cat, since we have little to none of those and it just fits her pretty well I feel like. The newest series has been preeety iffy I feel like, just super slow in my opinion. Mapleshade tho-she takes le cake for Forbidden relathionships. And, to be fair, there was a confirmation on a few gay ships regarding some cats in the earlier series, tho I’m long since outdated on them, lol.
@owlynx, no kidding.
I personally kinda preffered to think of mothflight as a ace-cat, since we have little to none of those and it just fits her pretty well I feel like. The newest series has been preeety iffy I feel like, just super slow in my opinion. Mapleshade tho-she takes le cake for Forbidden relathionships. And, to be fair, there was a confirmation on a few gay ships regarding some cats in the earlier series, tho I’m long since outdated on them, lol.
Star.png
Poetry:
@arrowxflight If you enjoyed warrior cats, and fantasy, you would certainly enjoy Wings of Fire by Tui T Sutherland. It's a book where the main characters are all dragons, and I've listened to the audiobooks before and the reader lady Shannon McManus I think does a great job of portraying all the characters. It does describe a bit of gore but you said you were fine with that, so it's ok. The plot is basically 5 dragons are destined to stop this great war between 3 prospective queens. There is also lgbt representation in the second wings of fire series so that's pretty nice too.

(in my opinion i think its a lot better written than warrior cats)
@arrowxflight If you enjoyed warrior cats, and fantasy, you would certainly enjoy Wings of Fire by Tui T Sutherland. It's a book where the main characters are all dragons, and I've listened to the audiobooks before and the reader lady Shannon McManus I think does a great job of portraying all the characters. It does describe a bit of gore but you said you were fine with that, so it's ok. The plot is basically 5 dragons are destined to stop this great war between 3 prospective queens. There is also lgbt representation in the second wings of fire series so that's pretty nice too.

(in my opinion i think its a lot better written than warrior cats)

bannerart_2021.png