Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Cute animes?
1 2 3
So as a disclaimer, I don't watch anime at all. I've seen one or two, but that was under the wing of my other friends who were into it.

BUT I sorta kinda want to get into some of them, but the thing is; I'm super picky. I don't like violence or blood and I don't like a plot that's overly serious. Something in the middle.

I'd love to get some anime suggestions and discussion about cute anime's or like, plots that are sort of centered on positive things? If that makes sense.

So please talk about some so I can check them out :P
So as a disclaimer, I don't watch anime at all. I've seen one or two, but that was under the wing of my other friends who were into it.

BUT I sorta kinda want to get into some of them, but the thing is; I'm super picky. I don't like violence or blood and I don't like a plot that's overly serious. Something in the middle.

I'd love to get some anime suggestions and discussion about cute anime's or like, plots that are sort of centered on positive things? If that makes sense.

So please talk about some so I can check them out :P
ore monogatari is a pretty cute anime. fairly short, charming plot, small cast of characters. you can read a description here. story about two fairly dumb and sweet teens and their high school romance. just as a warning, it starts with one of the characters saving another one from a creep on a subway, but it's a very short part of the show and the creep gets his due.

(edit: it's available to watch on crunchyroll, you might have better luck looking up 'MY love STORY!!' than the japanese)
ore monogatari is a pretty cute anime. fairly short, charming plot, small cast of characters. you can read a description here. story about two fairly dumb and sweet teens and their high school romance. just as a warning, it starts with one of the characters saving another one from a creep on a subway, but it's a very short part of the show and the creep gets his due.

(edit: it's available to watch on crunchyroll, you might have better luck looking up 'MY love STORY!!' than the japanese)
21556.png

◊ they/them
◊ 28
◊ FR+2
Yeah I have cute animals [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/620357468463169568/632986546181767168/Screenshot_2019-10-13_at_18.png[/img]
Yeah I have cute animals
Screenshot_2019-10-13_at_18.png
akueye3.png
Hmm... Maybe Inuyasha? It has a bit of blood but the plot is pretty straightforward, it's got an old art style which I'm fond of.
Hmm... Maybe Inuyasha? It has a bit of blood but the plot is pretty straightforward, it's got an old art style which I'm fond of.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: STUDIO GHIBLI.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: STUDIO GHIBLI.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
(Disclaimer: I haven't actually watched these, but I read some of the manga for some of them, and they were fine as far as I got. Some might also be a bit hard to find.)

Chi's Sweet Home - To quote IMDb: "The story follows a cute little cat named Chi and her fun family friendly adventures." It also says it's G-rated. Edit: Okaaay. Apparently the anime is a kind of 3d type thing. Not bad, if you don't mind it being like kids' cartoons.

My Neighbor Seki/The Master of Killing Time - "All Rumi Yokoi wants to do is focus during school, but she is constantly distracted by Toshinari Seki, her neighboring classmate. Paying attention during class is the least of Seki's worries, as he obsesses over intricate setups created using an assortment of items, from an elaborate domino course on his desk to a treacherous war played out with shogi pieces." G or TV 14, depending what site you ask.

How to Keep a Mummy - "High school student Sora Kashiwagi is accustomed to receiving bizarre presents from his father, who is on an expedition around the world. Unfortunately, these gifts have been nothing but nightmares. As a result, when his father sends him a huge package from Egypt, Sora prepares himself for the worst, only to be greeted by Mii-kun—a cute, pint-sized mummy!" PG 13. I haven't actually read or seen this one, but I saw a clip that looked pretty cute, and I plan to watch it once I find a decent source.
(Disclaimer: I haven't actually watched these, but I read some of the manga for some of them, and they were fine as far as I got. Some might also be a bit hard to find.)

Chi's Sweet Home - To quote IMDb: "The story follows a cute little cat named Chi and her fun family friendly adventures." It also says it's G-rated. Edit: Okaaay. Apparently the anime is a kind of 3d type thing. Not bad, if you don't mind it being like kids' cartoons.

My Neighbor Seki/The Master of Killing Time - "All Rumi Yokoi wants to do is focus during school, but she is constantly distracted by Toshinari Seki, her neighboring classmate. Paying attention during class is the least of Seki's worries, as he obsesses over intricate setups created using an assortment of items, from an elaborate domino course on his desk to a treacherous war played out with shogi pieces." G or TV 14, depending what site you ask.

How to Keep a Mummy - "High school student Sora Kashiwagi is accustomed to receiving bizarre presents from his father, who is on an expedition around the world. Unfortunately, these gifts have been nothing but nightmares. As a result, when his father sends him a huge package from Egypt, Sora prepares himself for the worst, only to be greeted by Mii-kun—a cute, pint-sized mummy!" PG 13. I haven't actually read or seen this one, but I saw a clip that looked pretty cute, and I plan to watch it once I find a decent source.
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
Oron High School Host Club is always a classic. It's a romance comedy (I'm recommending with who doesn't typically like romance). It's in general pretty upbeat
Oron High School Host Club is always a classic. It's a romance comedy (I'm recommending with who doesn't typically like romance). It's in general pretty upbeat
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
The only anime I’ve watched that’s kinda exactly what you’re looking for, is Hetalia. If you haven’t heard of it, it’s basically countries but humanized, and each ep is like a history lesson around the WWII era except extremely light hearted. Cute character designs and personalities!

Ponyo is also a pretty cute anime, a great movie. I haven’t seen it either in several years but I remember being extremely in love with it.
The only anime I’ve watched that’s kinda exactly what you’re looking for, is Hetalia. If you haven’t heard of it, it’s basically countries but humanized, and each ep is like a history lesson around the WWII era except extremely light hearted. Cute character designs and personalities!

Ponyo is also a pretty cute anime, a great movie. I haven’t seen it either in several years but I remember being extremely in love with it.
Untitled_Artwork.png
There's an anime genre called "slice of life" which tend to lean on the cuter side without serious plotlines.

Studio Ghibli, while they make movies instead of series, check out My Neighbor Totoro, since that sounds almost exactly like what you're looking for.
There's an anime genre called "slice of life" which tend to lean on the cuter side without serious plotlines.

Studio Ghibli, while they make movies instead of series, check out My Neighbor Totoro, since that sounds almost exactly like what you're looking for.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

One that I really love is called Natsume Yuujinchou. It’s about a boy who can see yokai. It’s adorable and sweet. The pace of the show is really nice and calming, I highly recommend it
One that I really love is called Natsume Yuujinchou. It’s about a boy who can see yokai. It’s adorable and sweet. The pace of the show is really nice and calming, I highly recommend it
tumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo1_250.giftumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo2_250.gif
1 2 3