Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Earthquakes?
1 2
Anyone else on the west coast experiencing these earthquakes? We’re getting an awful lot of them lately... just had one about 20 minuets ago. Stay safe!
Anyone else on the west coast experiencing these earthquakes? We’re getting an awful lot of them lately... just had one about 20 minuets ago. Stay safe!
* she/he genderfluid mxk5Q9c.png
* chaotic force of nature
* MY ART SHOP: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3138371
* fandoms: kirby, one punch, my hero academia, drawn to life, pokemon, steven universe, wander over yonder, gravity falls, transformers, bendy and the ink machine, portal, invader zim, sonic the hedgehog
Stay safe my west coast friends

Although if I’ve learned anything from those born n raises along them fault lines, is that y’all don’t even mind them and I find that golden cause I’d freak out

My roommate is from Costa Rica and he’s always telling me how common they are there too and how lax the locals are lmao
Stay safe my west coast friends

Although if I’ve learned anything from those born n raises along them fault lines, is that y’all don’t even mind them and I find that golden cause I’d freak out

My roommate is from Costa Rica and he’s always telling me how common they are there too and how lax the locals are lmao
Untitled_Artwork.png
if anything gets worse, go under a table, not a doorway!
if anything gets worse, go under a table, not a doorway!
epphiren.gif
blanc Nice to meet you, loser! They call me Misfire. Long story. Actually, you know what? It isn't. It's a very short story involving a machine gun, a misunderstanding, and a dozen dead Decepticons. -1 fr time

6aj4x.gif
bedrock comet
grognax.gif

Stay safe everyone! Try not to die please

Stay safe everyone! Try not to die please
l\__/l
{='.'=} This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your
(“)_(”) signature to help Kitty gain world domination.
I didn’t know we’re experiencing earthquakes, wow. We did have a drill yesterday in school tho and everyone was complaining about how we couldn’t fit under the desks lmao
I didn’t know we’re experiencing earthquakes, wow. We did have a drill yesterday in school tho and everyone was complaining about how we couldn’t fit under the desks lmao
zbWELyv.png
tuDXykQ.png
TTd5qF8.png
wmaQkkP.png
sapphire/jekyll
he/she
fr time+3
commissions
There were some fair-sized (3.0+) ones out my way over the last few days. I'm not too worried, but I do have my emergency stuff ready to go, just in case.

My biggest fear is the power going out more than anything else -- not a horrible inconvenience overall, but our shower is on the second floor and runs off a pump, so that could get... uh... bad, real quick. :V
There were some fair-sized (3.0+) ones out my way over the last few days. I'm not too worried, but I do have my emergency stuff ready to go, just in case.

My biggest fear is the power going out more than anything else -- not a horrible inconvenience overall, but our shower is on the second floor and runs off a pump, so that could get... uh... bad, real quick. :V
I've experienced a Big one before, some Tips:
If you have a near exit that leads to a somewhat open area free from stuff that could smash your head, don't hide under a tablet and get over there.

Don't call anyone unless you need to, otherwise you are clogging the signal that other, more useful sources like emergency or firefighters could use.

Don't get close to windows or electric cables.

Be extremely careful when walking up or down stairs, seriously.

Don't start screaming, you are just making people more stressed than they already are.

If for some reason you are in a tall building or a high floor, seek shelter under a table OR stick your back to a wall. (And start praying that the buildig won't crumble down)
I've experienced a Big one before, some Tips:
If you have a near exit that leads to a somewhat open area free from stuff that could smash your head, don't hide under a tablet and get over there.

Don't call anyone unless you need to, otherwise you are clogging the signal that other, more useful sources like emergency or firefighters could use.

Don't get close to windows or electric cables.

Be extremely careful when walking up or down stairs, seriously.

Don't start screaming, you are just making people more stressed than they already are.

If for some reason you are in a tall building or a high floor, seek shelter under a table OR stick your back to a wall. (And start praying that the buildig won't crumble down)
Looking for some art for your dragons? click down below!

giphy.gif
In my place, earthquakes come and go almost once or twice monthly (ring of fire babey :"D). In certain months, earthquakes and aftershocks from earthquaks that've occured in nearby islands can happen on a weekly basis :"))

They're so common that when the measily ones happen, we just tend to just pause our classes for a bit, before continuing as per usual. (Not safe, I know, but my country isn't the safest place to be in the begin with). When I say "measily", I mean the ones that usually make the lights swing, books topple a little, and make the chairs I sit on move like as if someone's pushing them for me.

Problem with this is that, there isn't that much of a contingiency plan in my country (lack of evacuation sites, etc.) and I live in the 43rd floor of a silly, skinny condo :"D

(with the rumored "Big One" (search it up!) supposedly coming within the next few years or so, and our condo sitting right above the affected fault line, we've already made plans to move out by the end of the year :'D)

A verrry important advice I'd like to throw out is upon experiencing an earthquake, especially a big one, be prepared for aftershocks. Get out into an open area ASAP.

Also, do not, I repeat, DO NOT light open flames, especially if you're still in a building. Gas pipes might crack and leak, and there can be instances wherein you won't be able to tell, since gas is odorless and colorless. ;;

My fam's got a grab-bag for each member to take along with them in case things get dirty, and we've had lots of planning done for certain, undesirable circumstances (we get separated, etc.). Discuss and plan ahead on potential meet-up points,when phones don't work.

We also have big info cards/tags on each of us, including our pets. Easier to identify, easier to be found.
In my place, earthquakes come and go almost once or twice monthly (ring of fire babey :"D). In certain months, earthquakes and aftershocks from earthquaks that've occured in nearby islands can happen on a weekly basis :"))

They're so common that when the measily ones happen, we just tend to just pause our classes for a bit, before continuing as per usual. (Not safe, I know, but my country isn't the safest place to be in the begin with). When I say "measily", I mean the ones that usually make the lights swing, books topple a little, and make the chairs I sit on move like as if someone's pushing them for me.

Problem with this is that, there isn't that much of a contingiency plan in my country (lack of evacuation sites, etc.) and I live in the 43rd floor of a silly, skinny condo :"D

(with the rumored "Big One" (search it up!) supposedly coming within the next few years or so, and our condo sitting right above the affected fault line, we've already made plans to move out by the end of the year :'D)

A verrry important advice I'd like to throw out is upon experiencing an earthquake, especially a big one, be prepared for aftershocks. Get out into an open area ASAP.

Also, do not, I repeat, DO NOT light open flames, especially if you're still in a building. Gas pipes might crack and leak, and there can be instances wherein you won't be able to tell, since gas is odorless and colorless. ;;

My fam's got a grab-bag for each member to take along with them in case things get dirty, and we've had lots of planning done for certain, undesirable circumstances (we get separated, etc.). Discuss and plan ahead on potential meet-up points,when phones don't work.

We also have big info cards/tags on each of us, including our pets. Easier to identify, easier to be found.
I slept through an earthquake once.

Earthquakes do happen here but they're usually very very mild. The strongest one to date in my country was 5.8 on the Richter scale. Not huge but still very noticable, caused quite a bit of damage and was felt as far as Switzerland, France and England.

And it's the one I slept through, aaaayyyy.
I slept through an earthquake once.

Earthquakes do happen here but they're usually very very mild. The strongest one to date in my country was 5.8 on the Richter scale. Not huge but still very noticable, caused quite a bit of damage and was felt as far as Switzerland, France and England.

And it's the one I slept through, aaaayyyy.
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
I actually live along the most famous fault line lol. Thankfully I'm along a more calmer area of it so we don't get earthquakes much, only a few small ones per year. But what I've noticed is that animals always seem very uneasy in the days before an earthquake, so if you ever notice that the air seems more 'still', as in, less birdsong, less activity, the air feels tense, it'd probably a good idea to prepare immediately.
I actually live along the most famous fault line lol. Thankfully I'm along a more calmer area of it so we don't get earthquakes much, only a few small ones per year. But what I've noticed is that animals always seem very uneasy in the days before an earthquake, so if you ever notice that the air seems more 'still', as in, less birdsong, less activity, the air feels tense, it'd probably a good idea to prepare immediately.
tumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.pnglgbtq_support_small.png
1 2