Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | That face you make when...
... You're the vice president of your school's anime club and you're organizing a fundraiser so your nerds can go to an anime convention and you call up the candy bar company to order some fundraising boxes and when the lady on the phone asks "what is your organization called" and you say "[my school] Anime Club" and she responds- "What is that" [img]https://media1.giphy.com/media/136R8yWROgZ7QQ/source.gif[/img]
... You're the vice president of your school's anime club and you're organizing a fundraiser so your nerds can go to an anime convention and you call up the candy bar company to order some fundraising boxes and when the lady on the phone asks "what is your organization called" and you say "[my school] Anime Club" and she responds-

"What is that"

source.gif
8HtYjYR.jpg art-shop-icon_orig.jpg EE6A8YJ.jpg
i can only imagine how awful it would be to explain anime to a middle-aged woman over the phone
i can only imagine how awful it would be to explain anime to a middle-aged woman over the phone
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
oh god the awkwardness
oh god the awkwardness
99catfish_zpsd8a90dbb.gif
Not to be that person, because like I'm sure that would be really important to some people, but I think that lady thought she was talking to an organization as in like to help disadvantaged people/a charity.... not to get kids/teens to an anime convention. Hearing "fundraising" and "anime club" in the same sentence is just... uhm yeah.

Editing bc I have to be brutally honest: there are so many people in need and fundraising for an anime convention is extremely tasteless.
Not to be that person, because like I'm sure that would be really important to some people, but I think that lady thought she was talking to an organization as in like to help disadvantaged people/a charity.... not to get kids/teens to an anime convention. Hearing "fundraising" and "anime club" in the same sentence is just... uhm yeah.

Editing bc I have to be brutally honest: there are so many people in need and fundraising for an anime convention is extremely tasteless.
[quote name="ohwowimcool" date="2019-10-15 11:41:10" ] oh god the awkwardness [/quote]
ohwowimcool wrote on 2019-10-15 11:41:10:
oh god the awkwardness
vaOV9W8.gif
She only reads the manga
She only reads the manga