Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So anyone here crochet?
1 2 3 4 5 6
@oscitantrabbit Thanks! I'm hoping it turns out well, but we'll see. @Dalfangthepup I'll post it when I'm done! (Provided it's not a total disaster, that is...) Re: the butt coaster, is it the colour work thats difficult? I can totally sympathise there-trying to work in different colours in flat patterns can be utterly terrible. I'm not sure how much it will help, but here is one of the ponies I've done (I do not want to talk about how long that hair took me. x.x) [img]https://i.imgur.com/2wpNsBSl.jpg[/img] The pattern I use is this one:http://knitoneawesome.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic.html Might be worth taking a look at even just to get some basic construction ideas.
@oscitantrabbit
Thanks! I'm hoping it turns out well, but we'll see.

@Dalfangthepup
I'll post it when I'm done! (Provided it's not a total disaster, that is...)
Re: the butt coaster, is it the colour work thats difficult? I can totally sympathise there-trying to work in different colours in flat patterns can be utterly terrible.

I'm not sure how much it will help, but here is one of the ponies I've done (I do not want to talk about how long that hair took me. x.x)
2wpNsBSl.jpg
The pattern I use is this one:http://knitoneawesome.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic.html
Might be worth taking a look at even just to get some basic construction ideas.
B8_L2.pngm35_book.pngm2_02_book.pngm22_book.pngl4_02_book.pngl7_01_book.pngB8_R2.png
DPSlXho.png
@lascielsshadow Oh it is so cute! Thank you for the link and picture! It looks great[emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@lascielsshadow
Oh it is so cute! Thank you for the link and picture! It looks great
@lascielsshadow yes it's the color work that's hard. Let me give some background on this project. My very awesome gay friends have a single cat lady friend. They adopted her a gorgeous siamese boy. He has a very distinctive booty. Beige on the booty cheek fluff butt a dark brown little spot where he used to have his reproductive bits. He got neutered later in life so it became pronounced. And then the dark brown goes all the way around the butt hole and up toward the base of his tail. They think this is hilarious and that she will get a kick out of coasters shaped like her own cat's bottom. I am tasked with 4 of them. Normally it takes like 30 minutes to an hour depending on what I'm binge watching to make a coaster. Yesterday, it took 3 hours just to graph out the pattern. And then like 2 more hours trying to figure out how to actually read and use my pattern..
@lascielsshadow yes it's the color work that's hard. Let me give some background on this project. My very awesome gay friends have a single cat lady friend. They adopted her a gorgeous siamese boy. He has a very distinctive booty. Beige on the booty cheek fluff butt a dark brown little spot where he used to have his reproductive bits. He got neutered later in life so it became pronounced. And then the dark brown goes all the way around the butt hole and up toward the base of his tail. They think this is hilarious and that she will get a kick out of coasters shaped like her own cat's bottom. I am tasked with 4 of them. Normally it takes like 30 minutes to an hour depending on what I'm binge watching to make a coaster. Yesterday, it took 3 hours just to graph out the pattern. And then like 2 more hours trying to figure out how to actually read and use my pattern..
92qOAzb.png
@oscitantrabbit that pattern she linked looks really useful, it illustrates how when and where you use increases and decreases shaped the overall work to suit your need. :) Crocheting is really just algebra with yarn. Honestly, its really close to the deviant art pattern you linked earlier. it even looks like they ribbed the base of the feet by working in the back loops. But the angle is less subtle that in the one you sent. I think for a sharper angle, like in the one you sent, you could make the hoof pad as a separate circle and then stitch it on with a tapestry needle and the matching yarn or thread. Still stitch through the back loops though cause that ribbing helps define the feet enough for it to stand up better.
@oscitantrabbit that pattern she linked looks really useful, it illustrates how when and where you use increases and decreases shaped the overall work to suit your need. :) Crocheting is really just algebra with yarn. Honestly, its really close to the deviant art pattern you linked earlier. it even looks like they ribbed the base of the feet by working in the back loops. But the angle is less subtle that in the one you sent. I think for a sharper angle, like in the one you sent, you could make the hoof pad as a separate circle and then stitch it on with a tapestry needle and the matching yarn or thread. Still stitch through the back loops though cause that ribbing helps define the feet enough for it to stand up better.
92qOAzb.png
@dalfangthepup
Thank you so much for your help. I'll be sure to come back to this thread or message you personally if I have more questions or just want to show you my progress. Feel free to send pictures of the coasters you are making! I'd love to see the final project. :)
@dalfangthepup
Thank you so much for your help. I'll be sure to come back to this thread or message you personally if I have more questions or just want to show you my progress. Feel free to send pictures of the coasters you are making! I'd love to see the final project. :)
@oscitantrabbit no problem. it's been about 12 years I've been crocheting. I may have to take a break after this first coaster to reassess and see if I like how its coming.. I may make a hat for myself for the winter.
@oscitantrabbit no problem. it's been about 12 years I've been crocheting. I may have to take a break after this first coaster to reassess and see if I like how its coming.. I may make a hat for myself for the winter.
92qOAzb.png
@oscitantrabbit Ima send you a gift via crossroads. I noticed you joined fairly recently and I wanted to give you a slightly late welcome gift.
@oscitantrabbit Ima send you a gift via crossroads. I noticed you joined fairly recently and I wanted to give you a slightly late welcome gift.
92qOAzb.png
@dalfangthepup Oh thank you so much! They are so pretty! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@dalfangthepup
Oh thank you so much! They are so pretty!
@oscitantrabbit No problem! They are product of two of my couplings. I love your imperial male btw! I hope you find him a good name soon!
@oscitantrabbit No problem! They are product of two of my couplings. I love your imperial male btw! I hope you find him a good name soon!
92qOAzb.png
@oscitantrabbit Oppe see you just named him! good choice!
@oscitantrabbit Oppe see you just named him! good choice!
92qOAzb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6