Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So anyone here crochet?
1 2 3 4 5 6
@dalfangthepup
Color changing would probably be my best route! I'll have to go hunt for some yarn here soon. :)
@dalfangthepup
Color changing would probably be my best route! I'll have to go hunt for some yarn here soon. :)
@oscitantrabbit and to make the flat of the feet have a distinct ridge it looks like the original designer just went through the back loops of each stitch to make the ribbing you can see at the bottom of the leg where it gets flat so it can stand up.
@oscitantrabbit and to make the flat of the feet have a distinct ridge it looks like the original designer just went through the back loops of each stitch to make the ribbing you can see at the bottom of the leg where it gets flat so it can stand up.
92qOAzb.png
@oscitantrabbit I hope your yarn shopping goes well!
@oscitantrabbit I hope your yarn shopping goes well!
92qOAzb.png
I crochet! I've written a couple of my own patterns but mostly use other people's, sometimes with alterations. I have a couple of projects lined up right now; one is for myself and one is a commission, which I just bought the yarn for. Mine is a halloween-y thing, a crocheted raven which will go on top of a crocheted skull, and the commission is a MLP plush.

Most of what I make is plush toys and dolls, though I've done some other things. (I've currently got a half-finished granny square afghan languishing in a storage box because I kind of ran out of motivation.)
I crochet! I've written a couple of my own patterns but mostly use other people's, sometimes with alterations. I have a couple of projects lined up right now; one is for myself and one is a commission, which I just bought the yarn for. Mine is a halloween-y thing, a crocheted raven which will go on top of a crocheted skull, and the commission is a MLP plush.

Most of what I make is plush toys and dolls, though I've done some other things. (I've currently got a half-finished granny square afghan languishing in a storage box because I kind of ran out of motivation.)
B8_L2.pngm35_book.pngm2_02_book.pngm22_book.pngl4_02_book.pngl7_01_book.pngB8_R2.png
DPSlXho.png
@dalfangthepup
Hey sorry for the late response! The bf just got home from work and we made dinner.
When I made a stuffed moose, I used the BLO method and it worked out perfectly!

@lascielsshadow
I saw a skull with a raven on top plushie on reddit today and I thought it was so cute! Good luck :)
@dalfangthepup
Hey sorry for the late response! The bf just got home from work and we made dinner.
When I made a stuffed moose, I used the BLO method and it worked out perfectly!

@lascielsshadow
I saw a skull with a raven on top plushie on reddit today and I thought it was so cute! Good luck :)
@LascielsShadow Ok so I really want to see the finished raven skull thingy! and posting the MLP plush may be beneficial for @oscitantrabbit.

My butt coaster I am working on is really proving difficult. I usually do 3D things and not flat things. its deceptively difficult.

As for granny square, I want to make myself a granny square cloak so bad! Not the most masculine attire but hey I'm gay ** and I feel like it will fit my pagan focused nature walks in crisp weather. Not that I will finish it before it gets frigid by samhain though. :/
@LascielsShadow Ok so I really want to see the finished raven skull thingy! and posting the MLP plush may be beneficial for @oscitantrabbit.

My butt coaster I am working on is really proving difficult. I usually do 3D things and not flat things. its deceptively difficult.

As for granny square, I want to make myself a granny square cloak so bad! Not the most masculine attire but hey I'm gay ** and I feel like it will fit my pagan focused nature walks in crisp weather. Not that I will finish it before it gets frigid by samhain though. :/
92qOAzb.png
@oscitantrabbit its fine! I fed my bf too. he is a school teacher and stayed late to grade. so once he texted he was coming home I dropped my projects to cook for him. I dont let him cook. He is not a dab-hand in the kitchen. in fact he nearly lit my beautiful 2cf microwave on fire trying to boil rice in it.. >.>
@oscitantrabbit its fine! I fed my bf too. he is a school teacher and stayed late to grade. so once he texted he was coming home I dropped my projects to cook for him. I dont let him cook. He is not a dab-hand in the kitchen. in fact he nearly lit my beautiful 2cf microwave on fire trying to boil rice in it.. >.>
92qOAzb.png
@dalfangthepup I literally cannot cook to save my life lol My bf loves to cook and I just help prepare when he wants me to. What did you end up making tonight for dinner? We did spaghetti and meatballs [emoji=ridgeback love size=1]
@dalfangthepup
I literally cannot cook to save my life lol
My bf loves to cook and I just help prepare when he wants me to. What did you end up making tonight for dinner? We did spaghetti and meatballs
@oscitantrabbit shreaded chicken in a cheesy garlic sauce with spiral noodles.
@oscitantrabbit shreaded chicken in a cheesy garlic sauce with spiral noodles.
92qOAzb.png
@dalfangthepup
That sounds really good! :)
@dalfangthepup
That sounds really good! :)
1 2 3 4 5 6