Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Question for Fursuit Makers
I have a question for any fursuit makers on here that don't mind answering.

I've been searching for a tutorial on making "wiggle/flexible" ears for a fursuit head, but have found nothing. Does anyone know how, or can anyone point me towards a good tutorial?

What I mean by "wiggle/flexible" ears are the ears that kind of.....bounce a little when you nod your head, walk, etc. and you can pull over your eyes and then have them bounce back when you let go. As opposed to normal ears that sit still and don't move no matter what you do(unless they're broken). I think Pocari Roo's old suit had these type of ears? Sorry if I'm not making senseXD
I have a question for any fursuit makers on here that don't mind answering.

I've been searching for a tutorial on making "wiggle/flexible" ears for a fursuit head, but have found nothing. Does anyone know how, or can anyone point me towards a good tutorial?

What I mean by "wiggle/flexible" ears are the ears that kind of.....bounce a little when you nod your head, walk, etc. and you can pull over your eyes and then have them bounce back when you let go. As opposed to normal ears that sit still and don't move no matter what you do(unless they're broken). I think Pocari Roo's old suit had these type of ears? Sorry if I'm not making senseXD
og0rGtI.jpg
@Firetear
I think you mean normal foam ears? The bigger you make them the floppier they are.
@Firetear
I think you mean normal foam ears? The bigger you make them the floppier they are.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6WmfXkVdNU

Does this help mah dood?

@FireTear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6WmfXkVdNU

Does this help mah dood?

@FireTear
Lore
+2 FR time
bdOHToUMLJkyeTMjIydubl5WUBwDeyrf8H1S7JlADB75wAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png[/url
@LoversMasque

I probably do, honestlyXD I am a complete noob when it comes to the makings of fursuits, even though I've watched tons of tutorials, so I'm not really familiar with all the things that are normal for a suit. That make sense that the bigger the ears are the floppier they would be. .......Maybe I just haven't looked at enough big eared suits. Or maybe I'm just tired lol.

@puppyzrule

That does, actually, thank you!
@LoversMasque

I probably do, honestlyXD I am a complete noob when it comes to the makings of fursuits, even though I've watched tons of tutorials, so I'm not really familiar with all the things that are normal for a suit. That make sense that the bigger the ears are the floppier they would be. .......Maybe I just haven't looked at enough big eared suits. Or maybe I'm just tired lol.

@puppyzrule

That does, actually, thank you!
og0rGtI.jpg
@Firetear Agreeing with what others have said about bigger ears tending to have more of a bounce to them. And also, generally speaking, the thinner the foam is, the more movement they'll have in them.

I haven't made any flexible ears myself, but a buddy of mine did a bunny fursuit with REALLY long ears (like over a foot long), and shaped them so they were slightly curved forward (rather than straight up), and they had an amazing wiggle to them when he moved. That said, he did initially have problems where the weight of them caused them to flop forward without bouncing back up very well, so he ended up reinforcing them with a little aluminium modelling wire. It can be a matter of using enough material to make the ears strong, while still keeping them flexible enough to move about.

The other thing to keep in mind about big ears is that if you fursuit outside, they WILL catch the wind. My friend's a skinny guy, and had a lot of trouble with those ears on windy days!
@Firetear Agreeing with what others have said about bigger ears tending to have more of a bounce to them. And also, generally speaking, the thinner the foam is, the more movement they'll have in them.

I haven't made any flexible ears myself, but a buddy of mine did a bunny fursuit with REALLY long ears (like over a foot long), and shaped them so they were slightly curved forward (rather than straight up), and they had an amazing wiggle to them when he moved. That said, he did initially have problems where the weight of them caused them to flop forward without bouncing back up very well, so he ended up reinforcing them with a little aluminium modelling wire. It can be a matter of using enough material to make the ears strong, while still keeping them flexible enough to move about.

The other thing to keep in mind about big ears is that if you fursuit outside, they WILL catch the wind. My friend's a skinny guy, and had a lot of trouble with those ears on windy days!
@Ruan

Oh dear, I can imagine they'd be difficult to handle when there's wind. Thank you very much for the information though! It's really helpful:-)
@Ruan

Oh dear, I can imagine they'd be difficult to handle when there's wind. Thank you very much for the information though! It's really helpful:-)
og0rGtI.jpg
By your side,forevermore.