Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | WoW:Sornieth Rising Guild- Now Horde 2!
1 2 3 4 5
[center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/633905525947629589/634092400767401994/guild_crest_300px.png[/img][/center] Who we are: We are a World of warcraft guild on[b] US Earthen Ring (Alliance)[/b] AND [b]US Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)[/b] [i]for fellow FR players[/i]. We have a discord and [i]optional guild lore[/i] (to explain how FR dragons ended up in Azeroth.) You do not have to play WoW to join our guild, but there are additional things you can do if you do!: We are laid back and chill, meant to be a social/casual/rp guild. Most of us are working on leveling up new toons based off of FR dragons. But in the future we hope to do transmog/mount runs, achievements, some PvP, RP/Guild events, and more if enough folks are interested! [I know we have at least one person who wants to do Mythic+ runs.] We also hold seasonal events with special rewards and badges to earn! You can earn these by doing things both on FR and in wow! Here are some of them: [center] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/633905525947629589/642548518598475776/pumpkin_2019_badge_75.png[/img] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/633905525947629589/642548574139449344/guild_crest_75px.png[/img] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/633905525947629589/655991187739770940/guild_2019_veil_badge_75_px.png[/img] [/center] To participate and earn badges, all you need is to join the discord! If you are interested, ping me here and I will note you our discord link! [/i] Also please feel free to ask any questions! [b]Q&A[/b] Q: Can I join this guild if I don't play WoW? A: Yes! Q: Can I still earn badges and participate in events? A: Yes! Most events are made so that there is some way to participate in just FR, or using resources that don't require WoW game time. Q: I don't really like the lore, can I do something different? A: You sure can! Remember that as a rule; players should interact with each other respectfully. That includes their lore. Q: There is RP in this but I dont like to RP. A: You don't have to RP! Most of our discord channels are not RP related. [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/345615608370429953/623932471188127755/faction_Alliance_icon_emblem_173_border_border_01_iconcolor_54370a_bgcolor_b1002e_bordercolor_675600.png[/img][/center]
guild_crest_300px.png
Who we are:
We are a World of warcraft guild on US Earthen Ring (Alliance) AND US Wyrmrest Accord (Horde) for fellow FR players. We have a discord and optional guild lore (to explain how FR dragons ended up in Azeroth.) You do not have to play WoW to join our guild, but there are additional things you can do if you do!:

We are laid back and chill, meant to be a social/casual/rp guild. Most of us are working on leveling up new toons based off of FR dragons. But in the future we hope to do transmog/mount runs, achievements, some PvP, RP/Guild events, and more if enough folks are interested!

We also hold seasonal events with special rewards and badges to earn! You can earn these by doing things both on FR and in wow! Here are some of them:

pumpkin_2019_badge_75.png guild_crest_75px.png guild_2019_veil_badge_75_px.png

To participate and earn badges, all you need is to join the discord! If you are interested, ping me here and I will note you our discord link!

Also please feel free to ask any questions!

Q&A
Q: Can I join this guild if I don't play WoW?
A: Yes!

Q: Can I still earn badges and participate in events?
A: Yes! Most events are made so that there is some way to participate in just FR, or using resources that don't require WoW game time.

Q: I don't really like the lore, can I do something different?
A: You sure can! Remember that as a rule; players should interact with each other respectfully. That includes their lore.

Q: There is RP in this but I dont like to RP.
A: You don't have to RP! Most of our discord channels are not RP related.
faction_Alliance_icon_emblem_173_border_border_01_iconcolor_54370a_bgcolor_b1002e_bordercolor_675600.png
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
This lore is optional, but free for anyone to use!

The Dimensional Studies department within the Arcane Academy is always fraught with malfunctions. This was certainly not the first dimensional anomaly, and would certainly not be the last. Currently the department is in a panic; a team of visiting students from other flights had come to collaborate on a more stable portal. The result was losing half everyone present due to a magical feedback loop in the runic energy converter.

To make matters worse, reports are starting to come in that other portals are now spontaneously opening and closing all across Sornieth. Claws are being pointed to try and direct the blame at a particular dragon or flight ploy. But in reality the department is locked in a unified struggle to get the situation under control… and to get the lost dragons back.

Clues may be in past research from a student from decades past, leaving many to believe that this is not the first time this has happened. And it may not be the last. What is known is that the situation seems far more dire now. There are many lives at stake, and many more *questions*. Was this accident made worse by the continent’s recent increase of magical activity? Are there other forces acting upon these portals?

Is something trying… to pass back through? Are they friend? Or foe?

The accident coincides with the sudden rise in Gaoler activity; a restless search for the shade even through the shade is nothing more than a collection of hatchling tales to most.

There are many questions to answer.

The arrivals to Azeroth found themselves scattered across it’s space and time, finding them in a wide variety of states. Some have arrived unchanged and unscarred, while others have lost their original forms, their memories, or even their power.

Fortunately, Azeroth is home to its own dragons- so dragonkind is not so strange and magic runs rampant here. But it is all so… different. It will take cunning, strength, and a whole barrel of luck for the Sornieth dragons to survive- and someday make their way back home. Making friends with the locals is a great way to start.

All the arrivals do have one thing in common. A calling in their hearts, a frequency belonging only to them as aliens to this world. It draws them unknowingly together.

Perhaps by working together, they will find the key to finding their way home.
This lore is optional, but free for anyone to use!

The Dimensional Studies department within the Arcane Academy is always fraught with malfunctions. This was certainly not the first dimensional anomaly, and would certainly not be the last. Currently the department is in a panic; a team of visiting students from other flights had come to collaborate on a more stable portal. The result was losing half everyone present due to a magical feedback loop in the runic energy converter.

To make matters worse, reports are starting to come in that other portals are now spontaneously opening and closing all across Sornieth. Claws are being pointed to try and direct the blame at a particular dragon or flight ploy. But in reality the department is locked in a unified struggle to get the situation under control… and to get the lost dragons back.

Clues may be in past research from a student from decades past, leaving many to believe that this is not the first time this has happened. And it may not be the last. What is known is that the situation seems far more dire now. There are many lives at stake, and many more *questions*. Was this accident made worse by the continent’s recent increase of magical activity? Are there other forces acting upon these portals?

Is something trying… to pass back through? Are they friend? Or foe?

The accident coincides with the sudden rise in Gaoler activity; a restless search for the shade even through the shade is nothing more than a collection of hatchling tales to most.

There are many questions to answer.

The arrivals to Azeroth found themselves scattered across it’s space and time, finding them in a wide variety of states. Some have arrived unchanged and unscarred, while others have lost their original forms, their memories, or even their power.

Fortunately, Azeroth is home to its own dragons- so dragonkind is not so strange and magic runs rampant here. But it is all so… different. It will take cunning, strength, and a whole barrel of luck for the Sornieth dragons to survive- and someday make their way back home. Making friends with the locals is a great way to start.

All the arrivals do have one thing in common. A calling in their hearts, a frequency belonging only to them as aliens to this world. It draws them unknowingly together.

Perhaps by working together, they will find the key to finding their way home.
@Autopilot
I'm interested in joining the guild- I'd have to make a new toon tho
@Autopilot
I'm interested in joining the guild- I'd have to make a new toon tho
I subbed recently for Classic but I feel like I should probably play more of retail, so I'm kinda interested in this, (eyes emoji)

but even then, if this is for classic I'd still be down

edit: oopie forgot ping @Autopilot
I subbed recently for Classic but I feel like I should probably play more of retail, so I'm kinda interested in this, (eyes emoji)

but even then, if this is for classic I'd still be down

edit: oopie forgot ping @Autopilot
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
Invites sent!
Invites sent!
I've updated the post with our lore
I've updated the post with our lore
I'm not currently subbed until the anniversary and probably not very active until the next expansion is announced.

I'd love to join your guild though when I get playing again, and make a new toon for it. Is the guild alliance or horde?

For now I've subscribed to this thread so I can keep track of it.
I'm not currently subbed until the anniversary and probably not very active until the next expansion is announced.

I'd love to join your guild though when I get playing again, and make a new toon for it. Is the guild alliance or horde?

For now I've subscribed to this thread so I can keep track of it.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

@Autopilot

That sounds so cool! Sadly I'm on Oceanic Aman'Thul so I can't join :( Maybe I'll get around to making a character on that server
@Autopilot

That sounds so cool! Sadly I'm on Oceanic Aman'Thul so I can't join :( Maybe I'll get around to making a character on that server
ah2m9U3.pngfal_150x150_1_100x100.png
@ EclipseDragon(i wont ping ya twice since you are subbed) We are on alliance! perhaps someday we would have enough for a horde equivalent, but right now we are pretty small.

You can keep in the loop and be part of our discord to see what is going on, if you would like!

@SemiAutomatic You are welcome to join our wow discord! A lot of us rolled new toons for the guild so we are all working on leveling up. :]
@ EclipseDragon(i wont ping ya twice since you are subbed) We are on alliance! perhaps someday we would have enough for a horde equivalent, but right now we are pretty small.

You can keep in the loop and be part of our discord to see what is going on, if you would like!

@SemiAutomatic You are welcome to join our wow discord! A lot of us rolled new toons for the guild so we are all working on leveling up. :]
@Autopilot

Aaaa sure! I'll join the discord, I'll probably make a character, thinking about it haha, Imma make one rn
@Autopilot

Aaaa sure! I'll join the discord, I'll probably make a character, thinking about it haha, Imma make one rn
ah2m9U3.pngfal_150x150_1_100x100.png
1 2 3 4 5