Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Where's my Youtubers at?
Anyone here have a youtube channel? If so, any tips for starting one?
Anyone here have a youtube channel? If so, any tips for starting one?
He/Him
Trans/Pansexual
Work full-time, not on until evenings!
no
no
He/Him|WARNING! I eat pancakes|FR time+2|Weird|This, along with my clan profile, is a big WIP
SM’s Leveling and Grinding
3EEgU.gif
I've got one. There are 5 videos on it haha. As such, I don't really have any tips? My most recent video was of me doing the 10 minute-1 minute-10 second challenge for drawing and I guess that's my only tip: do something you enjoy. Don't worry what the commenters say, we all know just how volatile the YouTube community can get.
I've got one. There are 5 videos on it haha. As such, I don't really have any tips? My most recent video was of me doing the 10 minute-1 minute-10 second challenge for drawing and I guess that's my only tip: do something you enjoy. Don't worry what the commenters say, we all know just how volatile the YouTube community can get.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
No YouTube yet, but currently working one out.

Coming from the child of a YouTuber, I do have advice though. Always concentrate on audio first. Viewers are more likely to overlook less-than-top-of-the-line videography if your audio is great. People want to hear what you have to say and many users wear headphones when watching YouTube, so don't be afraid to spend a little extra on that Blue Snowball or that lapel mic that's 20 dollars more than the one at your local Wal-Mart. It will save you in the long haul.

Also, research your cameras. Some have amazing film, but lack microphone input, which often means you'll have to manually synch your audio with your filming post production which can cost a lot of time. Canon Rebel is an example of one of these cameras.

Don't be nervous, before ever setting up to film, get used to your camera. Talk to it like it is your best friend, people know when you are less than confident.

To capture screens on your computer, use OBS (Open Broadcast Software), it is a free downloadable software and it is personally one of the best capturing programs I have ever used. No watermarks, customizability, and according to your machine, won't crash often.

Most of all have fun with it. If you're not having fun you'll burn out.
No YouTube yet, but currently working one out.

Coming from the child of a YouTuber, I do have advice though. Always concentrate on audio first. Viewers are more likely to overlook less-than-top-of-the-line videography if your audio is great. People want to hear what you have to say and many users wear headphones when watching YouTube, so don't be afraid to spend a little extra on that Blue Snowball or that lapel mic that's 20 dollars more than the one at your local Wal-Mart. It will save you in the long haul.

Also, research your cameras. Some have amazing film, but lack microphone input, which often means you'll have to manually synch your audio with your filming post production which can cost a lot of time. Canon Rebel is an example of one of these cameras.

Don't be nervous, before ever setting up to film, get used to your camera. Talk to it like it is your best friend, people know when you are less than confident.

To capture screens on your computer, use OBS (Open Broadcast Software), it is a free downloadable software and it is personally one of the best capturing programs I have ever used. No watermarks, customizability, and according to your machine, won't crash often.

Most of all have fun with it. If you're not having fun you'll burn out.
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
I just film things and hope for the best.
As long as I had fun,and I can get someone to laugh--that's fine by me.

I just film things and hope for the best.
As long as I had fun,and I can get someone to laugh--that's fine by me.

By your side,forevermore.