Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | meet my collie puppy! <3
1 2 3
[img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/224892c9168bf184b910f2c0485938ac/ef1b7c3f982c75e4-6e/s540x810/53b0297ff8f164a9a35b34899e61f2364261547a.jpg[/img] Everyone, meet my little collie girl, Apollo! Her original owner, who was a kind lady who breeds borders, said she was the runt of the litter and was always pushed around. When we first got her, she was [i]so[/i] shy. She didn't want to play, or snuggle, or interact at all with anyone. I was afraid it wouldn't work out. Well, it's been about four weeks and I'm currently slowly typing this while Apollo lays on my chest, trying to wrestle with my hand. She's come out of her shell completely, and she's having a blast with her new siblings. Maybe she can't quite keep up with Azula the 45-pound husky and the flaming ball of rage that is Drogon's zoomie races, but she sure tries. Her size never stops her in tug o' war, even if it means she gets dragged across the room on her belly. My adult dogs are so kind with her. Azula specifically goes out of her way to make Apollo think she's big and tough. She'll growl and bark, launching into a playbow, and by the time she's done that, Apollo has already pounced forward to give her a playful nip. It usually ends with Apollo's entire head in Azula's mouth, which is a motherly gesture from my monstrous girl Azula, according to my vet. I already love her so much. Feel free to ask any questions!
53b0297ff8f164a9a35b34899e61f2364261547a.jpg

Everyone, meet my little collie girl, Apollo! Her original owner, who was a kind lady who breeds borders, said she was the runt of the litter and was always pushed around. When we first got her, she was so shy. She didn't want to play, or snuggle, or interact at all with anyone. I was afraid it wouldn't work out.

Well, it's been about four weeks and I'm currently slowly typing this while Apollo lays on my chest, trying to wrestle with my hand. She's come out of her shell completely, and she's having a blast with her new siblings. Maybe she can't quite keep up with Azula the 45-pound husky and the flaming ball of rage that is Drogon's zoomie races, but she sure tries. Her size never stops her in tug o' war, even if it means she gets dragged across the room on her belly.

My adult dogs are so kind with her. Azula specifically goes out of her way to make Apollo think she's big and tough. She'll growl and bark, launching into a playbow, and by the time she's done that, Apollo has already pounced forward to give her a playful nip. It usually ends with Apollo's entire head in Azula's mouth, which is a motherly gesture from my monstrous girl Azula, according to my vet.

I already love her so much. Feel free to ask any questions!
error 404: user is too lazy to update signature. please try again later.
Ahh, she's so adorable! Do you have any pictures of Apollo & Azula together? :D
Ahh, she's so adorable! Do you have any pictures of Apollo & Azula together? :D
aw heck now i have nothing to put here again
@Zeldo I don't think I do... I can snap one tomorrow, if you'd like to get a ping for it! It's too late where I live to get one tonight.
@Zeldo I don't think I do... I can snap one tomorrow, if you'd like to get a ping for it! It's too late where I live to get one tonight.
@IcarusInks

A ping would be great, thank you! :o
@IcarusInks

A ping would be great, thank you! :o
aw heck now i have nothing to put here again
Oh my gosh I love her! I am already her biggest fan! So glad to hear how well she's doing!
Oh my gosh I love her! I am already her biggest fan! So glad to hear how well she's doing!
sYJ7QdI.png
I've always loved and wanted a collie! I will eventually get a dog of my own, maybe a collie or shetland. But anyways,,
I would love a ping for the picture of Apollo and Azula as well! Is it different to take care of a Collie than the other dogs? Any special treatment other than grooming? I want to make sure that I learn any difficulties/needs before I choose a dog breed! And I'd love any updates on anything with her! And just an idea/suggestion, maybe you could make a yearly picture thing were you take a picture every year you have her as memories?! I'll do that with my future pets. Good doge there, mk I'll go now! ,^^',
I've always loved and wanted a collie! I will eventually get a dog of my own, maybe a collie or shetland. But anyways,,
I would love a ping for the picture of Apollo and Azula as well! Is it different to take care of a Collie than the other dogs? Any special treatment other than grooming? I want to make sure that I learn any difficulties/needs before I choose a dog breed! And I'd love any updates on anything with her! And just an idea/suggestion, maybe you could make a yearly picture thing were you take a picture every year you have her as memories?! I'll do that with my future pets. Good doge there, mk I'll go now! ,^^',
xxxx
Wink.gifxx
|Xhadhij Siro A.|
` ` Leo/Var ` `
He/It//Xhe/Xhem/Xheir
MJ.gif
@doctorvar

Collies are wonderful dogs, but they're fairly sensitive and incredibly high-energy. They're also prone to health issues, though most of them are minor issues that won't affect the quality of life as long as they recieve treatment.

If you get a collie, be ready for a ball of energy that needs plenty of room to play and lots to learn. The puppies burn themselves out quickly, but older dogs can romp for hours. They're working dogs, and very smart ones at that, so they need lots of mental stimulation.

If you can provide what collies need to be happy, then I'd absolutely recommend them, otherwise they can be naughty goblins who get into stuff and destroy things.
@doctorvar

Collies are wonderful dogs, but they're fairly sensitive and incredibly high-energy. They're also prone to health issues, though most of them are minor issues that won't affect the quality of life as long as they recieve treatment.

If you get a collie, be ready for a ball of energy that needs plenty of room to play and lots to learn. The puppies burn themselves out quickly, but older dogs can romp for hours. They're working dogs, and very smart ones at that, so they need lots of mental stimulation.

If you can provide what collies need to be happy, then I'd absolutely recommend them, otherwise they can be naughty goblins who get into stuff and destroy things.
@IcarusInks [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/0d9fe8ec28829be3a83affcdfd8bea40/tumblr_ov3qakJwIc1r9dm6no1_500.gif[/img]
@IcarusInks

tumblr_ov3qakJwIc1r9dm6no1_500.gif
Thank you!
Thank you!
xxxx
Wink.gifxx
|Xhadhij Siro A.|
` ` Leo/Var ` `
He/It//Xhe/Xhem/Xheir
MJ.gif
10/10 pure post.
10/10 pure post.