Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Reptile keepers and expo goers?
1 2
Hey all! I'm a reptile owner and I was wondering if any of you are reptile keepers too? I currently own only a leopard gecko and a ball python, but plan on getting more!

About my babies, the leopard gecko is a female named Yazi. She's about 5 years old, and is a normal morph. I got her when she was 2 years. My ball python is about 2 years old, I got him at about a month old. His name is Basil and he's a banana pastel morph!

I am going to the new england reptile expo on October 6th, and planning on getting some stuff for them and hopefully getting a new reptile! I'm considering a young corn snake or kenyan sand boa.

So I'm wondering if any if you guys own reptiles and want to chat about them? Or if any of you are going to an expo soon, or have advice for me on kenyan sand boas or corn snakes? I'd love to talk about your reptile babies too!
Hey all! I'm a reptile owner and I was wondering if any of you are reptile keepers too? I currently own only a leopard gecko and a ball python, but plan on getting more!

About my babies, the leopard gecko is a female named Yazi. She's about 5 years old, and is a normal morph. I got her when she was 2 years. My ball python is about 2 years old, I got him at about a month old. His name is Basil and he's a banana pastel morph!

I am going to the new england reptile expo on October 6th, and planning on getting some stuff for them and hopefully getting a new reptile! I'm considering a young corn snake or kenyan sand boa.

So I'm wondering if any if you guys own reptiles and want to chat about them? Or if any of you are going to an expo soon, or have advice for me on kenyan sand boas or corn snakes? I'd love to talk about your reptile babies too!
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
I got two sliders; one red ear and one red ear x yellow belly hybrid. Fabius, the red ear, is docile and curious about everything, while Morla, the hybrid, prefers to be left alone and literally gets hissy when you try to touch her. I can totally understand both of them.

Still want to upgrade their relatively new, big aquarium. Especially putting a new platform in the corner near the window, so they have a better sunbathing spot and less of those freaking algae grow everywhere.

I don't usually go on expos, although I'm interested in seeing other neat critters. Have been to a small local one some years ago, although mostly to look at the arachnids that were also featured there.
I got two sliders; one red ear and one red ear x yellow belly hybrid. Fabius, the red ear, is docile and curious about everything, while Morla, the hybrid, prefers to be left alone and literally gets hissy when you try to touch her. I can totally understand both of them.

Still want to upgrade their relatively new, big aquarium. Especially putting a new platform in the corner near the window, so they have a better sunbathing spot and less of those freaking algae grow everywhere.

I don't usually go on expos, although I'm interested in seeing other neat critters. Have been to a small local one some years ago, although mostly to look at the arachnids that were also featured there.
I own a female leopard gecko, her name is Yasha ans she is the most adorable thing I've ever seen in my life :') She will be two years old this autumn, I got her when she was one month old and seeing her growing up made me feel like happy proud mother.....

Also really want to get myself a snake, but I have no money right now and I'm not sure where I can place terrarium for it, since a few months ago I moved to much smaller apartament.
I own a female leopard gecko, her name is Yasha ans she is the most adorable thing I've ever seen in my life :') She will be two years old this autumn, I got her when she was one month old and seeing her growing up made me feel like happy proud mother.....

Also really want to get myself a snake, but I have no money right now and I'm not sure where I can place terrarium for it, since a few months ago I moved to much smaller apartament.
you can call me Lu!
she/her
20 y.o.
I love reptiles and own several, and I try go to any expo within a reasonable distance. c: It's always so interesting to see what's available. Currently, I have four crested geckos and a ball python. I'd love to get more in the future, aiming to get a blood python next.

Trico was my first reptile, he's a tricolor harlequin with full pinstripe. I bought him from a breeder at an expo in 2017.

Merlin was my second, he's a mojave ball python. A family friend bought him at an expo in February, but then later decided he wasn't in the position to keep him, so gave him to me.

Jupiter and Juno were rehomes from Craigslist. They were being kept in a fairly bare 10g together, and I wanted to make sure they would go to a better home. Juno is a harlequin with a partial pinstripe and Jupiter is a flame with a partial pinstripe. I think Jupiter has Floppy Tail Syndrome as well.

Juno was gravid when I got them, and she's layed three clutches since then. Of the first two clutches, only one egg hatched, so I now have an unnamed month-old baby as well. c: The third is still incubating, but both eggs look good, so hopefully I'll have three hatchlings soon.

Anyway, I'm always happy to talk about reptiles/expos/etc. I hope you find the snake you want! Do you have any KSB/corn morphs in mind you want, or are you just going to see what catches your eye?
I love reptiles and own several, and I try go to any expo within a reasonable distance. c: It's always so interesting to see what's available. Currently, I have four crested geckos and a ball python. I'd love to get more in the future, aiming to get a blood python next.

Trico was my first reptile, he's a tricolor harlequin with full pinstripe. I bought him from a breeder at an expo in 2017.

Merlin was my second, he's a mojave ball python. A family friend bought him at an expo in February, but then later decided he wasn't in the position to keep him, so gave him to me.

Jupiter and Juno were rehomes from Craigslist. They were being kept in a fairly bare 10g together, and I wanted to make sure they would go to a better home. Juno is a harlequin with a partial pinstripe and Jupiter is a flame with a partial pinstripe. I think Jupiter has Floppy Tail Syndrome as well.

Juno was gravid when I got them, and she's layed three clutches since then. Of the first two clutches, only one egg hatched, so I now have an unnamed month-old baby as well. c: The third is still incubating, but both eggs look good, so hopefully I'll have three hatchlings soon.

Anyway, I'm always happy to talk about reptiles/expos/etc. I hope you find the snake you want! Do you have any KSB/corn morphs in mind you want, or are you just going to see what catches your eye?
Kodama
She/They | FR +2

G1 collector and (occasional) artist. Feel free to ping or message me for whatever reason!
CwIEXQR.png
@lunareswolf Haha yeah, I felt the same way watching my ball python grow up. I still have his first shed with me which is so tiny compared to how big he is now!

@Kodama Aaah they're all so cute! I love cresteds and I'd love some someday! Currently I think I really want more snakes though so that's my focus, haha. I don't have any morphs in mind really, but I do have a general idea of what colors I'm a fan of for both. I plan on just going around and seeing if there's anything that I really end up liking, ya know? I can't wait, I've been wanting to go to an expo for years so this is my first chance :D
@lunareswolf Haha yeah, I felt the same way watching my ball python grow up. I still have his first shed with me which is so tiny compared to how big he is now!

@Kodama Aaah they're all so cute! I love cresteds and I'd love some someday! Currently I think I really want more snakes though so that's my focus, haha. I don't have any morphs in mind really, but I do have a general idea of what colors I'm a fan of for both. I plan on just going around and seeing if there's anything that I really end up liking, ya know? I can't wait, I've been wanting to go to an expo for years so this is my first chance :D
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
For snakes, I have a corn snake named Leia, a Kenyan sand boa named Tatooine, and a western hognose named Poe. I also got a leopard gecko last week (I got him at a garage sale of all places lol).

I really love having reptiles, and I think they are so interesting. I love going to expos to see all the different types of reptiles that people are selling and all of the really cool morphs. I don't get to go to expos very often though, because I usually work weekends.

I think that either a Kenyan Sand Boa or a Corn Snake would be a good choice! The only thing is that my sand boa is always buried under her substrate, so I don't really see her unless I dig her out to clean her cage, or if I get up really late at night she is sometimes out roaming around. My corn snake however I see all the time. She comes out to see me whenever I enter my room (mostly because she thinks she is going to get food, but still it's pretty cute).

So, if you want something you are going to see more often, then I would recommend a corn snake. I love both of them though. I would also recommend a hognose as well, because they are such funny snakes with attitude. My guy right now is going through a hunger strike though, which is kind of stressing me out. He hasn't eaten in like 3 weeks, but is still really active. I don't know what his deal is right now, but I hope he starts eating again soon.
For snakes, I have a corn snake named Leia, a Kenyan sand boa named Tatooine, and a western hognose named Poe. I also got a leopard gecko last week (I got him at a garage sale of all places lol).

I really love having reptiles, and I think they are so interesting. I love going to expos to see all the different types of reptiles that people are selling and all of the really cool morphs. I don't get to go to expos very often though, because I usually work weekends.

I think that either a Kenyan Sand Boa or a Corn Snake would be a good choice! The only thing is that my sand boa is always buried under her substrate, so I don't really see her unless I dig her out to clean her cage, or if I get up really late at night she is sometimes out roaming around. My corn snake however I see all the time. She comes out to see me whenever I enter my room (mostly because she thinks she is going to get food, but still it's pretty cute).

So, if you want something you are going to see more often, then I would recommend a corn snake. I love both of them though. I would also recommend a hognose as well, because they are such funny snakes with attitude. My guy right now is going through a hunger strike though, which is kind of stressing me out. He hasn't eaten in like 3 weeks, but is still really active. I don't know what his deal is right now, but I hope he starts eating again soon.
PJgrBLH.png
Anyway wish you luck with finding a pet you like! I noticed that reptiles are never enough, I mean, you buy one and sooner or later you starting to think you need more, haha
Anyway wish you luck with finding a pet you like! I noticed that reptiles are never enough, I mean, you buy one and sooner or later you starting to think you need more, haha
you can call me Lu!
she/her
20 y.o.
@Rainbeetle Thank you! c: Cresties are fun and super easy to take care of (albeit a bit jumpy) so they're pretty great reptiles overall. I can definitely understand preferring snakes though, Merlin has me sold lol My next few will probably also be noodles.

Yeah, I totally get it! That's how I got Trico. My second choice after him was a patternless red female, I'm just a sucker for bold reds/oranges/yellows. There's always a chance if you go to an expo looking for a specific morph that it won't be there too. I was looking for a normal or matrix blood python last one I went to, and there were only albinos. lol There are usually a lot more KSBs/corns to choose from though, so you'll probably have better luck. I hope you have fun, my first expo got me hooked on them. c:

@Rainbeetle Thank you! c: Cresties are fun and super easy to take care of (albeit a bit jumpy) so they're pretty great reptiles overall. I can definitely understand preferring snakes though, Merlin has me sold lol My next few will probably also be noodles.

Yeah, I totally get it! That's how I got Trico. My second choice after him was a patternless red female, I'm just a sucker for bold reds/oranges/yellows. There's always a chance if you go to an expo looking for a specific morph that it won't be there too. I was looking for a normal or matrix blood python last one I went to, and there were only albinos. lol There are usually a lot more KSBs/corns to choose from though, so you'll probably have better luck. I hope you have fun, my first expo got me hooked on them. c:

Kodama
She/They | FR +2

G1 collector and (occasional) artist. Feel free to ping or message me for whatever reason!
CwIEXQR.png
King snake named Mr. Slithers and a Leopard Gecko named Archibald Yoshi Lucifer II

Mr. Slithers was a rescue after he fell into the pool at my friend's house, he refused to leave our side as soon as we fished him out, and he kept returning to us, and didn't really go anywhere. We took him in just so he didn't starve.

Archie was captive bred and he's just a normal but he's so sweet.
King snake named Mr. Slithers and a Leopard Gecko named Archibald Yoshi Lucifer II

Mr. Slithers was a rescue after he fell into the pool at my friend's house, he refused to leave our side as soon as we fished him out, and he kept returning to us, and didn't really go anywhere. We took him in just so he didn't starve.

Archie was captive bred and he's just a normal but he's so sweet.
1DKhf3D.png
I have a cornsnake named Noodle, he's 15 years old and going strong!

I've never been to the local reptile show because I know I'd be too tempted to get another snake and I just can't handle that right now >>.
I have a cornsnake named Noodle, he's 15 years old and going strong!

I've never been to the local reptile show because I know I'd be too tempted to get another snake and I just can't handle that right now >>.
bmc86yo.pngC7i9WrC.pngcOEuydC.pngMUSskfQ.png
1 2