Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Did You Have To Learn Cursive in School?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15
yall had to learn it in third grade???

my school had us learning cursive in first grade

i remember none of it but i think i might still have my cursive practice book downstairs somewhere lmao
yall had to learn it in third grade???

my school had us learning cursive in first grade

i remember none of it but i think i might still have my cursive practice book downstairs somewhere lmao
21571.png Call me Meido! (any pronouns)
Neurodivergent, I do use tone indicators at times!
Don't be afraid to ping me! (+3 FR Time)
Wishlist - Gene Plans
Current Avatar
i learned it in 3rd grade and then never had to use it ever again
i learned it in 3rd grade and then never had to use it ever again
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
I learned it in 3rd grade. They have since stopped teaching it, my sister had to teach herself cursive
I learned it in 3rd grade. They have since stopped teaching it, my sister had to teach herself cursive
tumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo1_250.giftumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo2_250.gif
i live in the us but the first private school i went to taught us cursive at second grade then forced us to do every. assignment. in. cursive.

this included stuff like transcribing pages of textbooks while correcting errors and writing paragraphs for history homework. it doesn't seem like much to me now but i was 7-8 so it sucked. every time we didn't write in cursive we got detentions. in 3rd grade i got an upwards of 20-25 detentions(none of them for bad behavior mind you) but thats another story

so yeah i learned to write in cursive
i live in the us but the first private school i went to taught us cursive at second grade then forced us to do every. assignment. in. cursive.

this included stuff like transcribing pages of textbooks while correcting errors and writing paragraphs for history homework. it doesn't seem like much to me now but i was 7-8 so it sucked. every time we didn't write in cursive we got detentions. in 3rd grade i got an upwards of 20-25 detentions(none of them for bad behavior mind you) but thats another story

so yeah i learned to write in cursive
Yep, my school taught it in 3rd and 4th grade. Pretty much everyone dropped it once we hit 5th grade.

I despise my handwriting, so learning cursive was a nightmare.
Yep, my school taught it in 3rd and 4th grade. Pretty much everyone dropped it once we hit 5th grade.

I despise my handwriting, so learning cursive was a nightmare.
feraligatr.gifjolt_a_by_gabby_bean-dcxy9v1.gif
yes i hated it
yes i hated it
37706498.png
plague_small.png
Yep, back in 4th grade and it was awful.
We had to use those cruddy brown recycled papers that wouldn't leave a mark unless you pressed really hard (Good luck if you needed to erase anything) and had to copy pre-printed letters until we got it on-the-dot perfect. Didn't help that our teacher was kind of awful, so if you didn't get it just right then she'd make you do another full sheet until it looked JUST like the example.

I guess all that work was for nothing cause we never had to use it again
Yep, back in 4th grade and it was awful.
We had to use those cruddy brown recycled papers that wouldn't leave a mark unless you pressed really hard (Good luck if you needed to erase anything) and had to copy pre-printed letters until we got it on-the-dot perfect. Didn't help that our teacher was kind of awful, so if you didn't get it just right then she'd make you do another full sheet until it looked JUST like the example.

I guess all that work was for nothing cause we never had to use it again
extra-head-right.png
★ Previously MalusNight
☆ She/Her
★ +1 FR Time
We were required to learn and use it all through elementary, but after middle school it was optional, except for essays, which had to be either typed or cursive + pen 8Ta My brother is a few years younger and I don't think he had to learn and use it nearly as much
We were required to learn and use it all through elementary, but after middle school it was optional, except for essays, which had to be either typed or cursive + pen 8Ta My brother is a few years younger and I don't think he had to learn and use it nearly as much
UEKFohX.png
Yes, it's pretty standard over here (Germany). I went to primary school from 2000 - 2004. Pretty sure it's still common nowadays though.
Yes, it's pretty standard over here (Germany). I went to primary school from 2000 - 2004. Pretty sure it's still common nowadays though.
I’m from the US, I had to learn cursive in 2nd and 3rd grade... I think around 2005 or so. Not sure if they do it anymore, but my mom is a teacher and it sounds like her middle school students don’t know it, but they might have just forgotten or not paid attention.
I’m from the US, I had to learn cursive in 2nd and 3rd grade... I think around 2005 or so. Not sure if they do it anymore, but my mom is a teacher and it sounds like her middle school students don’t know it, but they might have just forgotten or not paid attention.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15