Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Funny D&D moments
1 2 3 4
Most of us have had some WHAT moments in a campaign that made everyone either laugh simultaneously or just open their eyes wide in confusion for what just happened.

What moment do you remember the most?

- In my campaign, I was a firbolg cleric. I started out as a true neutral or neutral good. But through a lot of horrendous acts such as eating humanoids, setting fire to a forest and taking in "family" through fallen enemies, my character's god (Ilmater) contacted me and told me he didn't want to be associated with me and that I made him cry... Which is ironic since that god always cries.

Most of us have had some WHAT moments in a campaign that made everyone either laugh simultaneously or just open their eyes wide in confusion for what just happened.

What moment do you remember the most?

- In my campaign, I was a firbolg cleric. I started out as a true neutral or neutral good. But through a lot of horrendous acts such as eating humanoids, setting fire to a forest and taking in "family" through fallen enemies, my character's god (Ilmater) contacted me and told me he didn't want to be associated with me and that I made him cry... Which is ironic since that god always cries.

AO77JKB.gif
My very first campaign I ever played in, and the DM forgot to put a door on a pub. So all of us either just crashed through the wall or jumped in through the window. We all spent the first 30 minutes simply laughing about the doorless pub lol.
My very first campaign I ever played in, and the DM forgot to put a door on a pub. So all of us either just crashed through the wall or jumped in through the window. We all spent the first 30 minutes simply laughing about the doorless pub lol.
sYJ7QdI.png
About the end of our campaign at my after school DnD session, we played a huge (loving) joke on one of our players. The DM sent us all into a dream where our characters acted way out of the normal, and everything was upside down and conpletely wacky. Each person had a round of dialouge while the DM narrated, and when it was my turn the player who we were playing a joke on turns to me in character and says

"Kadric what the F*** is going on??!"

It is dead silent.
No one moves.

I play a Teifling Druid.

"Mushrooms have their own weather systems."
About the end of our campaign at my after school DnD session, we played a huge (loving) joke on one of our players. The DM sent us all into a dream where our characters acted way out of the normal, and everything was upside down and conpletely wacky. Each person had a round of dialouge while the DM narrated, and when it was my turn the player who we were playing a joke on turns to me in character and says

"Kadric what the F*** is going on??!"

It is dead silent.
No one moves.

I play a Teifling Druid.

"Mushrooms have their own weather systems."
DE4-CE494-C24-A-441-F-8809-5-B8-BFD08205-C.png| He/She | Autistic/ADHD| 3+ FR Time |
Literally creating characters- The Druid and my Rogue are of standard dnd backstories- Druid has abusive parents and is a criminal, my Rogue is the rebellious daughter of a Baron. Last minute, the Druids little sister (little is relative, we're all the same age range) joins the party as a bard going through a mid life crisis. who loves potatoes.
so to recap- tragic goth druid, slightly less tragic prep rogue, mid life crisis bard.
Literally creating characters- The Druid and my Rogue are of standard dnd backstories- Druid has abusive parents and is a criminal, my Rogue is the rebellious daughter of a Baron. Last minute, the Druids little sister (little is relative, we're all the same age range) joins the party as a bard going through a mid life crisis. who loves potatoes.
so to recap- tragic goth druid, slightly less tragic prep rogue, mid life crisis bard.
98bf1699ec3a8a9904ee0a7db6e28469c9948a3c.gif
@Solanna hehe, I get so happy when I hear people with teifling druid characters because I play one myself ^^

Anyways, I have a friend group in college I play dnd with and we had two teiflings in my party (me and my roommate for this coming school year) who like to s*** talk the rest of the party in Infernal because we thought we are the only ones in game who could understand.

One day, a player who has a Nobel elf who is often topic of our discussions (they were snobby and the other teifling didn't like them much) turns to us and - in infernal - says "You know I can understand you guys, right?"

The table goes silent - impressive for a 10 player group - and me and the other teifling immediately turn to the elf and both yell at them in a sort of excorism.

I have more stories but they don't involve me XD
@Solanna hehe, I get so happy when I hear people with teifling druid characters because I play one myself ^^

Anyways, I have a friend group in college I play dnd with and we had two teiflings in my party (me and my roommate for this coming school year) who like to s*** talk the rest of the party in Infernal because we thought we are the only ones in game who could understand.

One day, a player who has a Nobel elf who is often topic of our discussions (they were snobby and the other teifling didn't like them much) turns to us and - in infernal - says "You know I can understand you guys, right?"

The table goes silent - impressive for a 10 player group - and me and the other teifling immediately turn to the elf and both yell at them in a sort of excorism.

I have more stories but they don't involve me XD
Aster - they/them or she/her - FR +3
College Student and Coliseum Enthusiast
I promise this signature will be fixed eventually
Three different campaigns:

"I'd like to f**k the dragon",

"...Speedy that's a young green dragon"

" I'd like to do it anyway"

"Roll animal handling but add charisma"

"Nat 20."

"oh."

---

"I'm going to use burning hands."

"THATS A FIRE GIANT"

"nope he already said it."

---

"I'm gonna break the tree branch"

"It's an awakened tree."

"And?"

"You're now being chased by a forest of trees."
Three different campaigns:

"I'd like to f**k the dragon",

"...Speedy that's a young green dragon"

" I'd like to do it anyway"

"Roll animal handling but add charisma"

"Nat 20."

"oh."

---

"I'm going to use burning hands."

"THATS A FIRE GIANT"

"nope he already said it."

---

"I'm gonna break the tree branch"

"It's an awakened tree."

"And?"

"You're now being chased by a forest of trees."
1DKhf3D.png
Jakobi, my tiefling rogue with expertise in stealth: carefully explains plan on how to sneak up on this gigantic monster

Jakobi: rolls a nat 1 on his stealth roll, trips over his hooves, alerts monster

This same session, the first session of the campaign might I add, Jakobi almost nearly full on died. Only reason he didn't is because our group plays with very loose rules and our DM was very kind and had our healer revive and save him.
Jakobi, my tiefling rogue with expertise in stealth: carefully explains plan on how to sneak up on this gigantic monster

Jakobi: rolls a nat 1 on his stealth roll, trips over his hooves, alerts monster

This same session, the first session of the campaign might I add, Jakobi almost nearly full on died. Only reason he didn't is because our group plays with very loose rules and our DM was very kind and had our healer revive and save him.
QFXpYkj.png
Our group was collecting some sand worm blood To give to a lich lord. we walked into it's mouth thinking it was a cave. I hopped onto my tenser's floating disk and then we all got spat out but me. They were all outside of it but me so i decide to stab it and get it's blood. before this happens the dwarf in our party decides to burrow underground in the sand. Rolls nat 20 get 20 feet under. Then the sand worm starts writhing. after the sand worm stops writhing in pain we all think the dwarf was hit under the sand by the worm so we start digging as fast as we can to get to him. After we get 20 feet under and realize we were digging in the wrong place the dwarf rolled another 20 in getting out of the sand so we look up and see him gracefully arcing out of the sand and swimming around in it like a dolphin. So from now on he is known and the dwalphin
Our group was collecting some sand worm blood To give to a lich lord. we walked into it's mouth thinking it was a cave. I hopped onto my tenser's floating disk and then we all got spat out but me. They were all outside of it but me so i decide to stab it and get it's blood. before this happens the dwarf in our party decides to burrow underground in the sand. Rolls nat 20 get 20 feet under. Then the sand worm starts writhing. after the sand worm stops writhing in pain we all think the dwarf was hit under the sand by the worm so we start digging as fast as we can to get to him. After we get 20 feet under and realize we were digging in the wrong place the dwarf rolled another 20 in getting out of the sand so we look up and see him gracefully arcing out of the sand and swimming around in it like a dolphin. So from now on he is known and the dwalphin
W2MrFXc.png
On my group's first session, one player rolled for a perception check to investigate a stand of woods beside our party.

Except, cue the player rolling a 1.

The DM deadpanned: "You're... not even sure there's a forest there anymore."

Player: ...

Player: Ah, yes. A leaf suddenly blew into my face and I cannot get it off. I see nothing, there is nothing there

(it's become a campaign inside joke that whenever someone rolls a 1 on perception, a leaf suddenly attaches to their face, no matter where we are)

And... let's not forget the time we landed in a dark cave, and one player had the great idea to cast darkness. In an already dark cave.
This player also forces us to roll against his charisma checks because he's trying to convince all of us that he's a god. He's converted three players already...
On my group's first session, one player rolled for a perception check to investigate a stand of woods beside our party.

Except, cue the player rolling a 1.

The DM deadpanned: "You're... not even sure there's a forest there anymore."

Player: ...

Player: Ah, yes. A leaf suddenly blew into my face and I cannot get it off. I see nothing, there is nothing there

(it's become a campaign inside joke that whenever someone rolls a 1 on perception, a leaf suddenly attaches to their face, no matter where we are)

And... let's not forget the time we landed in a dark cave, and one player had the great idea to cast darkness. In an already dark cave.
This player also forces us to roll against his charisma checks because he's trying to convince all of us that he's a god. He's converted three players already...
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
Haven't played in a good while because real life got in the way, but I'll post the bits I remember :P

I'm also not a storyteller. Far from one.

I play a human rogue, and in our campaign we're currently raiding an orc stronghold of sorts. We've cleared out a large portion of the place already, but in the next open room we encounter, there's a good dozen or so of them lying in wait.

long story short, rolled a nat 20 on a check and gave a speech that moved the small army to tears, then proceeded to eviscerate the leader in a 1v1 match
Haven't played in a good while because real life got in the way, but I'll post the bits I remember :P

I'm also not a storyteller. Far from one.

I play a human rogue, and in our campaign we're currently raiding an orc stronghold of sorts. We've cleared out a large portion of the place already, but in the next open room we encounter, there's a good dozen or so of them lying in wait.

long story short, rolled a nat 20 on a check and gave a speech that moved the small army to tears, then proceeded to eviscerate the leader in a 1v1 match
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
1 2 3 4