Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ever seen an albino animal?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I saw a pure white squirrel once, but I don't think it was albino since its eyes ere normal
I saw a pure white squirrel once, but I don't think it was albino since its eyes ere normal
faxrqz.jpg
Saw an albino fox in the countryside of a remote village in Wales on a field research trip a few years back. Did not get a picture, it was gone so fast, but it was a nice sight.

On a different note, when I was a kid I crossed a wild-type Endler's guppy with a black round-tailed guppy and one of their babies was albino. Sadly, it was blind and didn't live more than a few weeks after entering the main tank. Its siblings were all normal guppy mixes, they lived long and got normal offspring. Not sure if it really was a true albino, the eyes were more white than pink and it could have just been a birth defect of some sort. Some of its siblings also had light-coloured scales.
Saw an albino fox in the countryside of a remote village in Wales on a field research trip a few years back. Did not get a picture, it was gone so fast, but it was a nice sight.

On a different note, when I was a kid I crossed a wild-type Endler's guppy with a black round-tailed guppy and one of their babies was albino. Sadly, it was blind and didn't live more than a few weeks after entering the main tank. Its siblings were all normal guppy mixes, they lived long and got normal offspring. Not sure if it really was a true albino, the eyes were more white than pink and it could have just been a birth defect of some sort. Some of its siblings also had light-coloured scales.
66MHIIb.png
Around my house every once in a while I'll see a albino turkey female.
Around my house every once in a while I'll see a albino turkey female.
@redlego (you can copy paste if you don't wanna spell out my name or somthin)
At a pet store I saw an albino ferret. It’s still there. I want to pet the sof fur snek
At a pet store I saw an albino ferret. It’s still there. I want to pet the sof fur snek
My Pokefarm

Please, screech at me about Kirby characters or Kirby games. I love them and need to yell everything I know before I go insane.
Bv0egTb.png
we had the whole rainbow of squirrels on my college campus-- gray, red, a black one, and a pure white one! i'm not sure if it was albino or leucistic, never got close enough to see its eyes, but it was very fun to watch him run around from the cafeteria windows (the caf was up high on a hill, overlooking a semi-forested area)
we had the whole rainbow of squirrels on my college campus-- gray, red, a black one, and a pure white one! i'm not sure if it was albino or leucistic, never got close enough to see its eyes, but it was very fun to watch him run around from the cafeteria windows (the caf was up high on a hill, overlooking a semi-forested area)
21556.png

◊ they/them
◊ 28
◊ FR+2
I've seen an albino alligator, he lives at my local aquarium. Sadly he passed away about a month ago.
I've seen an albino alligator, he lives at my local aquarium. Sadly he passed away about a month ago.
Currently looking for: Sable/Blush G1s
Girlfriend of Azurodin,
A while ago there used to be an albino Wallaby I would see occasionally. It was incredibly adorable and I wish I could see it again. Haven't seen it in a couple of years.
A while ago there used to be an albino Wallaby I would see occasionally. It was incredibly adorable and I wish I could see it again. Haven't seen it in a couple of years.
I4TUkY9.png
there’s a sculpture park i visited today that has peacocks and one of them is albino! i’ll have to post a pic when i get home, they’re gorgeous! [img]https://i.imgur.com/hLTKOiN.jpg[/img] baby
there’s a sculpture park i visited today that has peacocks and one of them is albino! i’ll have to post a pic when i get home, they’re gorgeous!

hLTKOiN.jpg

baby
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
A wild animal with albinism? No.

But I've seen plenty of leucistic animals, most notable wild encounter that I can remember was a piebald robin I saw while walking back to my dorm several years ago.

Henry Doorly Zoo has a leucistic alligator (he had blue eyes so not albino). He's on loan from New Orleans and has been here for over 10 years!
A wild animal with albinism? No.

But I've seen plenty of leucistic animals, most notable wild encounter that I can remember was a piebald robin I saw while walking back to my dorm several years ago.

Henry Doorly Zoo has a leucistic alligator (he had blue eyes so not albino). He's on loan from New Orleans and has been here for over 10 years!
tumblr_nsl2ezQmvD1slad33o1_250.png
There used to be a mostly albino robin that lived around my house one year; it was almost completely white save for some small grey and pink colourations on its head and chest that made me recognize it was indeed a robin.
There used to be a mostly albino robin that lived around my house one year; it was almost completely white save for some small grey and pink colourations on its head and chest that made me recognize it was indeed a robin.
oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8