Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ever seen an albino animal?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
There's a leucistic/piebald (not sure which) sparrow that frequents my bird feeder. It's head and neck are white, with speckled wings - like it flew through white paint. I have a picture somewhere, but it's not very clear.
There's a leucistic/piebald (not sure which) sparrow that frequents my bird feeder. It's head and neck are white, with speckled wings - like it flew through white paint. I have a picture somewhere, but it's not very clear.
Pelt Collector
Lithe Otter Pelt Elk Pelt Snowfall Elk Pelt Winter Wolf Pelt Black Wolf Pelt Clouddancer Hide Sunspot Clouddancer Hide
I once owned an Albino rat. He was a real sweetheart and a total pacifist <3
I once owned an Albino rat. He was a real sweetheart and a total pacifist <3
Albino squirrels are pretty common where I live, so I see those occasionally. When I was really little, I saw some albino crocodiles at an aquarium.
Albino squirrels are pretty common where I live, so I see those occasionally. When I was really little, I saw some albino crocodiles at an aquarium.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/0o3rtTR.png[/img] [color=#2D4927] [font=century gothic] I saw, at a camping trip with a friend, in the summer, a white rabbit. Now, I don’t know a lot about rabbits, but I’m pretty sure that in summer they shouldn’t be white.
0o3rtTR.png

I saw, at a camping trip with a friend, in the summer, a white rabbit. Now, I don’t know a lot about rabbits, but I’m pretty sure that in summer they shouldn’t be white.
Im back
Not an animal but once in a farm i saw an albino corn plant, cool but i think it died a week later.
Not an animal but once in a farm i saw an albino corn plant, cool but i think it died a week later.
Looking for some art for your dragons? click down below!

giphy.gif
We have a few albino deer where I live! There used to be 5-7 of them, but the hunters have shot them over the past few years. I saw 2 the other day :)
We have a few albino deer where I live! There used to be 5-7 of them, but the hunters have shot them over the past few years. I saw 2 the other day :)
I own a few albino fish, some plecos.

We used to have neighbors that were albino twins.... what are the odds!
I own a few albino fish, some plecos.

We used to have neighbors that were albino twins.... what are the odds!
I saw an albino rat once and my friend used to have an albino hamster. I find albino animals cuter then usual ones, dunno why, they're just lovely
I saw an albino rat once and my friend used to have an albino hamster. I find albino animals cuter then usual ones, dunno why, they're just lovely
I've never seen an albino animal in nature, but i've found other genetic mutations!

I've found an anerythristic red rat snake(corn snake in the pet trade, they are native here) in the wild. Anerythrism is the opposite of albino. Instead of a lack of the blue/black pigment, leaving a white/yellow animal, its the lack of the red/yellow pigment, leaving a black and white animal!

I've also found multiple hypomelanistic snakes. Hypomelanism is the partial lack of blue/black pigment, creating a pale, ghostly animal, often with sharp reds and yellows.

I've seen a wild piebald alligator and a few hypomelanistic alligators.

And lastly, i've seen piebald deer!
I've never seen an albino animal in nature, but i've found other genetic mutations!

I've found an anerythristic red rat snake(corn snake in the pet trade, they are native here) in the wild. Anerythrism is the opposite of albino. Instead of a lack of the blue/black pigment, leaving a white/yellow animal, its the lack of the red/yellow pigment, leaving a black and white animal!

I've also found multiple hypomelanistic snakes. Hypomelanism is the partial lack of blue/black pigment, creating a pale, ghostly animal, often with sharp reds and yellows.

I've seen a wild piebald alligator and a few hypomelanistic alligators.

And lastly, i've seen piebald deer!
I had a pet albino mouse as a child, she was mean jhkgfjg
I had a pet albino mouse as a child, she was mean jhkgfjg
tumblr_o5605efB1r1rdx0h0o7_540.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8