Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Calling All ARMY !!
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
@warmhope Me too!!!! I've been playing it on repeat. I don't get everyone coming down on him for the hair, like, it's a nod to the origins of the song. He's not "stealing culture"
@warmhope Me too!!!! I've been playing it on repeat. I don't get everyone coming down on him for the hair, like, it's a nod to the origins of the song. He's not "stealing culture"
@RainWing hh... it's a heavy subject... obviously he had no ill intentions. he's the sweetest person on the planet, he would never intentionally hurt someone. but people do have the right to be offended over it. and, non-POC people shouldn't tell them to not be offended over it. :) i am biased, and i am non-POC.. so i really have no grounds to say anything on the matter. Hobi means everything to me and more, and i'll be on his side forever. but people have the right to be offended, and we shouldn't take away their voices. sorry eheh.. you probably didn't care for that spiel. i'll be going now. [emoji=gaoler winking size=1]
@RainWing

hh... it's a heavy subject...

obviously he had no ill intentions. he's the sweetest person on the planet, he would never intentionally hurt someone. but people do have the right to be offended over it. and, non-POC people shouldn't tell them to not be offended over it. :)

i am biased, and i am non-POC.. so i really have no grounds to say anything on the matter. Hobi means everything to me and more, and i'll be on his side forever. but people have the right to be offended, and we shouldn't take away their voices.

sorry eheh.. you probably didn't care for that spiel. i'll be going now.

9LyXonv.png asher | he/him | fr+3
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

artshop
anathema
@warmhope

No, I'm glad to hear what people think about the issue. I don't want to get into any fights over it, really I don't I'm just stating an opinion, and obviously I agree that Hobi had perfectly good intentions. I just feel like people have misunderstood the situation.

Look at it this way; should we call people of color out for dyeing their hair blond because it's our heritage?

Maybe people would call me a racist for this, I don't know, but I feel like people are so tense about the racism issue and lash out without really trying to figure out what's actually going on. Like the whole Covington school fiasco.

If you have anything to say on the matter, @QuietSnow please share
@warmhope

No, I'm glad to hear what people think about the issue. I don't want to get into any fights over it, really I don't I'm just stating an opinion, and obviously I agree that Hobi had perfectly good intentions. I just feel like people have misunderstood the situation.

Look at it this way; should we call people of color out for dyeing their hair blond because it's our heritage?

Maybe people would call me a racist for this, I don't know, but I feel like people are so tense about the racism issue and lash out without really trying to figure out what's actually going on. Like the whole Covington school fiasco.

If you have anything to say on the matter, @QuietSnow please share
@RainWing

well, as for me, blonde hair isn't really my heritage eheh. and i think hair color and hairstyle are two different things?

now, Hobi didn't have dreads. he had gel twists (you probably already know..) but people were debating that the twists were mimicking dreads. and POC have been mocked, ridiculed and even hurt for having them. just because in that one case it didn't happen, doesn't mean we should dismiss the other cases.

people were upset because it appeared Hobi was just mimicking the hairstyle as a fashion statement, he wont have to deal with the daily struggle some people with dreads face.

i'm not blaming Hobi, heck im not even mad or upset with him because i am extremely biased. and in actuality, he probably had no say in it. he mentioned in his vlive that the night scene (which featured his gel-twist style) was thrown in last minute. they shouldn't have added it in at all, but it's did and done.

also, the cover art... yeah... it's pretty bad. Hobi had an artist he admires design it so it wasn't his say either... but the cover art is no bueno..
@RainWing

well, as for me, blonde hair isn't really my heritage eheh. and i think hair color and hairstyle are two different things?

now, Hobi didn't have dreads. he had gel twists (you probably already know..) but people were debating that the twists were mimicking dreads. and POC have been mocked, ridiculed and even hurt for having them. just because in that one case it didn't happen, doesn't mean we should dismiss the other cases.

people were upset because it appeared Hobi was just mimicking the hairstyle as a fashion statement, he wont have to deal with the daily struggle some people with dreads face.

i'm not blaming Hobi, heck im not even mad or upset with him because i am extremely biased. and in actuality, he probably had no say in it. he mentioned in his vlive that the night scene (which featured his gel-twist style) was thrown in last minute. they shouldn't have added it in at all, but it's did and done.

also, the cover art... yeah... it's pretty bad. Hobi had an artist he admires design it so it wasn't his say either... but the cover art is no bueno..
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

artshop
anathema
@warmhope @RainWing

I don't really have anything to say on the matter since it's so controversial, but I can say one thing : I hate it when people falsely accuse other people.
@warmhope @RainWing

I don't really have anything to say on the matter since it's so controversial, but I can say one thing : I hate it when people falsely accuse other people.
@QuietSnow

uh, heh heh.. may i ask who you think is being falsely accused?
@QuietSnow

uh, heh heh.. may i ask who you think is being falsely accused?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

artshop
anathema
@warmhope

I didn't mean any in specifics. But in this matter, it's most likely either Hobi or some other celebrity.
@warmhope

I didn't mean any in specifics. But in this matter, it's most likely either Hobi or some other celebrity.
@QuietSnow

i don't think anyone is accusing Hobi. people are just expressing their opinions on what happened. a lot of people were offended, but a lot of POC defended him too.

i think a lot of people agree, that his and Becky's take on CNS is cultural appreciation. he paid almost $3,000,000 to the original creators of the song, and they seem very happy about the video too.

i still stand by what i said though. people are allowed to be offended, and people are allowed to express their opinions on it. BUT non-POC shouldn't tell POC that it isn't a big deal.
@QuietSnow

i don't think anyone is accusing Hobi. people are just expressing their opinions on what happened. a lot of people were offended, but a lot of POC defended him too.

i think a lot of people agree, that his and Becky's take on CNS is cultural appreciation. he paid almost $3,000,000 to the original creators of the song, and they seem very happy about the video too.

i still stand by what i said though. people are allowed to be offended, and people are allowed to express their opinions on it. BUT non-POC shouldn't tell POC that it isn't a big deal.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

artshop
anathema
@warmhope

I agree entirely. I think most people in the matter are just confused. I talked to someone and she said that she was confused and if I'm being honest, drama is a bit confusing. I tend to stay out of it.
@warmhope

I agree entirely. I think most people in the matter are just confused. I talked to someone and she said that she was confused and if I'm being honest, drama is a bit confusing. I tend to stay out of it.
@QuietSnow

i agree on staying out of it too. and like i said, i'm not POC so i really can't have a say on if it was or wasn't offensive anyways.

it can be quite confusing... it seems that people have already stopped talking about it (other than antis, but they just want attention and to "hurt" the boys so we shouldn't feed into them)

i already said this, but i'm always gonna support Hobi. forever.

edit: changed my phrasing t-t
@QuietSnow

i agree on staying out of it too. and like i said, i'm not POC so i really can't have a say on if it was or wasn't offensive anyways.

it can be quite confusing... it seems that people have already stopped talking about it (other than antis, but they just want attention and to "hurt" the boys so we shouldn't feed into them)

i already said this, but i'm always gonna support Hobi. forever.

edit: changed my phrasing t-t
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

artshop
anathema
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15