Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The new or the old Lion King?
1 2 3 4
Not watched it yet, waiting for the DVD release because cinema tickets are way too expensive for a film I am not even sure I will enjoy.

That said, as much as I want to give it a chance like I did with the other live remakes, past experience with said remakes is telling me that I will probably prefer the original.
Not watched it yet, waiting for the DVD release because cinema tickets are way too expensive for a film I am not even sure I will enjoy.

That said, as much as I want to give it a chance like I did with the other live remakes, past experience with said remakes is telling me that I will probably prefer the original.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
Didn't see any of this since I wasn't pinged, and yes downgraded is MUCH better @Yuubi
Thank you
@Zoic I get that, but the point I'm making is that they switched accents
Not the actors
God, the kid was one of the better ones imho-
I'm talking about consistency not talent, but I see how you got confused xD

It makes sense for Simba, thinking about it since he's living with freeloaders and his voice likely adapted to that, but... Nala? Started out talking how she did and never truly changed where she lived or most of who she lived with, so... something irked me about that
Didn't see any of this since I wasn't pinged, and yes downgraded is MUCH better @Yuubi
Thank you
@Zoic I get that, but the point I'm making is that they switched accents
Not the actors
God, the kid was one of the better ones imho-
I'm talking about consistency not talent, but I see how you got confused xD

It makes sense for Simba, thinking about it since he's living with freeloaders and his voice likely adapted to that, but... Nala? Started out talking how she did and never truly changed where she lived or most of who she lived with, so... something irked me about that

~Void~
~They | It~
~FR+2~
~Chaos Incarnate~
xxxx pink_flipp_117x100.png xxxxx pidgeadoptOrisasig1.png
xxxxxx
Art Shop
Cauldron Services
Wishlist
Original. More expressive animation so you feel more emotions, plus the only scar for me is Jeremy Irons. EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrhqtCn5WT8 this is the best TLK version. [emoji=gaoler laughing size=1]
Original.
More expressive animation so you feel more emotions, plus the only scar for me is Jeremy Irons.

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrhqtCn5WT8
this is the best TLK version.
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
i love both!
- i really appreciate that they didnt make a frame by frame remake.
- the animals arent expressive. but thats just it, theyre animals. the original was clearly aimed at kids. the new one was meant for those kids who have grown up to appreciate what they once knew.
- it actually goes over some questions ive had for the franchise like...
> why didnt zazu get upset overbeing swatted by scar at the gorge? wouldnt he remember? i dont think its realistic that zazu was trapped in the ribcage for three years, but then...
> why did nala go so far to find food? in the original she was just looking for food and not for help. the new one clearly explains this, with the proper tension.
this can all be explained by the fact the original was aimed at kids, i know i didnt think about the small stuff then. but i love how the new one expands on those little plots they had.

- i love how they (partially) properly represent the animal dynamics in the new one. shenzi should be leading the hyenas like she does in the new one, thats how it works. i understand that if they tried to change the actual dynamic of the lions then it would no longer be called lion king, it would be a different story entirely (nala and the other cubs would be dead, for example.) but ill give them a pass since they made sarabi a little more important than just simbas mom.one

i might add more later, but this is what my opinion is right now :)

i love both!
- i really appreciate that they didnt make a frame by frame remake.
- the animals arent expressive. but thats just it, theyre animals. the original was clearly aimed at kids. the new one was meant for those kids who have grown up to appreciate what they once knew.
- it actually goes over some questions ive had for the franchise like...
> why didnt zazu get upset overbeing swatted by scar at the gorge? wouldnt he remember? i dont think its realistic that zazu was trapped in the ribcage for three years, but then...
> why did nala go so far to find food? in the original she was just looking for food and not for help. the new one clearly explains this, with the proper tension.
this can all be explained by the fact the original was aimed at kids, i know i didnt think about the small stuff then. but i love how the new one expands on those little plots they had.

- i love how they (partially) properly represent the animal dynamics in the new one. shenzi should be leading the hyenas like she does in the new one, thats how it works. i understand that if they tried to change the actual dynamic of the lions then it would no longer be called lion king, it would be a different story entirely (nala and the other cubs would be dead, for example.) but ill give them a pass since they made sarabi a little more important than just simbas mom.one

i might add more later, but this is what my opinion is right now :)

epphiren.gif
blanc Nice to meet you, loser! They call me Misfire. Long story. Actually, you know what? It isn't. It's a very short story involving a machine gun, a misunderstanding, and a dozen dead Decepticons. -1 fr time

6aj4x.gif
bedrock comet
grognax.gif
1 2 3 4