Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ghost Stories
1 2
One stormy night a young boy decided to visit a bookshop. He had run out of books at home as he was a keen reader and only needed a few days to study even the largest tomes.

The boy entered the bookshop. The mysterious ambience of the place always charmed him. Something didn't feel right about its peculiarity though. Despite his curiosity and excitement, the boy always came here terrified.

Thousands of novels stood on old wooden shelves. It was not hard to come across an author you didn't know. The boy walked by them, touching the back of each book, carefully examining the titles, making sure he didn't miss anything; wet footsteps behind him.

A careless person had disturbed the books' peaceful sleep by incautiously picking one of them up. Some of them had fallen on the floor. A massive tome in a leather cover, which had found shelter under a minor love story, especially piqued the boy's interest. He reached out for it to check the title. But it didn't have one.

"How much longer are you gonna walk around here, eh? I'm closing soon! Not everyone has as much time as you, snot!" the familiar scrawny figure of the elderly bookseller emerged from the archive room. His unfriendly attitude and ignorant behavior made most people stay away. The boy didn't like him either but there was no way to avoid him in the bookshop.

"I have already chosen which one to buy" the boy said passing the tome to the bookseller. Horror creeped over his face when he saw the plain cover, his hands shaking. The man gave the boy one more haunted look before returning to his usual dark expression. "Listen up, punk. I'll sell you the book for fifty-six dollars. You can read it and everything but whatever you do..." the bookseller leaned over his client, his skeletal face nearly touching the boy. His voice lowered to a whisper "don't ever look at the last page or you'll see your worst nightmares come true. And now... get the hell out of here".

The boy liked the book a lot. He read it over and over, always remembering the bookseller's threat. Nevertheless, his curiosity rouse with every day. One day, the boy couldn't resist the temptation. He opened the tome on the last page and...

Found out it costed forty-six and not fifty-six dollars.
One stormy night a young boy decided to visit a bookshop. He had run out of books at home as he was a keen reader and only needed a few days to study even the largest tomes.

The boy entered the bookshop. The mysterious ambience of the place always charmed him. Something didn't feel right about its peculiarity though. Despite his curiosity and excitement, the boy always came here terrified.

Thousands of novels stood on old wooden shelves. It was not hard to come across an author you didn't know. The boy walked by them, touching the back of each book, carefully examining the titles, making sure he didn't miss anything; wet footsteps behind him.

A careless person had disturbed the books' peaceful sleep by incautiously picking one of them up. Some of them had fallen on the floor. A massive tome in a leather cover, which had found shelter under a minor love story, especially piqued the boy's interest. He reached out for it to check the title. But it didn't have one.

"How much longer are you gonna walk around here, eh? I'm closing soon! Not everyone has as much time as you, snot!" the familiar scrawny figure of the elderly bookseller emerged from the archive room. His unfriendly attitude and ignorant behavior made most people stay away. The boy didn't like him either but there was no way to avoid him in the bookshop.

"I have already chosen which one to buy" the boy said passing the tome to the bookseller. Horror creeped over his face when he saw the plain cover, his hands shaking. The man gave the boy one more haunted look before returning to his usual dark expression. "Listen up, punk. I'll sell you the book for fifty-six dollars. You can read it and everything but whatever you do..." the bookseller leaned over his client, his skeletal face nearly touching the boy. His voice lowered to a whisper "don't ever look at the last page or you'll see your worst nightmares come true. And now... get the hell out of here".

The boy liked the book a lot. He read it over and over, always remembering the bookseller's threat. Nevertheless, his curiosity rouse with every day. One day, the boy couldn't resist the temptation. He opened the tome on the last page and...

Found out it costed forty-six and not fifty-six dollars.
tddtyguecfcetrsry Excuse me, my cat sat on my keyboard.
I have one to share

When I was like 6 (I don’t really know exactly) I was working on my schoolwork at home...then out of the corner of my eye I see a shadowy figure with a black top hat and a cloak standing in the hallway staring at the bathroom...my older sister who was nearby told me ,when I asked her about it, that she didn’t see anything and I probably just hallucinating, but I knew that it was there...
That night I heard two people talking...in the bathroom...for a few nights afterwards I heard the same thing over and over again, the talking... Finally I crept out of my room and slowly creeped over. When I got to the hallway’s entrance I stoped, terrified
I ran back to my room. As soon as I was in my room I closed the door and turned on my lights, but I still didn’t feel safe. For the rest of the night I sat there in my room wide awake. When my dad came into my room, I had all my plush toys out (I had a lot of them) , the toys were positioned in the way they were looking a everything in my room, I did that because I was scared and felt insecure.
He questioned me of what was going on I told him, I don’t know but I think he believed me.
The next day my mom (She was pagan) asked everyone in the house if they have had anything unexplainable happened to them.
She said that the last night she felt something in the house.
My sister said that she was having a nightmare , she was in a house and she saw a crying girl on a chair when my sister approached the girl she was stopped and she couldn’t move, at the same time she felt like she was being burned alive, she also heard a man laughing...
Our roommate at the time had a dream that night,
She was in a white wedding gown, but when she looked in the mirror the gown was a bright red , like fresh blood.
And I told my mom about the figure and the voices
My mom then went around the house and cleansed the house and put symbols on the mirrors..
When she did that ,she found that the rods my sister had always pointed at my room.
She went to my room holding the rods when she stood in the middle of my room the rods turned to my closet...apparently my closet had a portal to the ghost plane
Also in my closet was a small dog plushie...my mom figured out that a ghost had attached itself to the plushie. So my mom had to destroy the plushie and a ring that also had a ghost attached to it.

And that was my story...after that we didn’t hear/see of the ghost ever again
yaaay for my mom knowing some very helpful rituals to get rid of ghosts!

I have one to share

When I was like 6 (I don’t really know exactly) I was working on my schoolwork at home...then out of the corner of my eye I see a shadowy figure with a black top hat and a cloak standing in the hallway staring at the bathroom...my older sister who was nearby told me ,when I asked her about it, that she didn’t see anything and I probably just hallucinating, but I knew that it was there...
That night I heard two people talking...in the bathroom...for a few nights afterwards I heard the same thing over and over again, the talking... Finally I crept out of my room and slowly creeped over. When I got to the hallway’s entrance I stoped, terrified
I ran back to my room. As soon as I was in my room I closed the door and turned on my lights, but I still didn’t feel safe. For the rest of the night I sat there in my room wide awake. When my dad came into my room, I had all my plush toys out (I had a lot of them) , the toys were positioned in the way they were looking a everything in my room, I did that because I was scared and felt insecure.
He questioned me of what was going on I told him, I don’t know but I think he believed me.
The next day my mom (She was pagan) asked everyone in the house if they have had anything unexplainable happened to them.
She said that the last night she felt something in the house.
My sister said that she was having a nightmare , she was in a house and she saw a crying girl on a chair when my sister approached the girl she was stopped and she couldn’t move, at the same time she felt like she was being burned alive, she also heard a man laughing...
Our roommate at the time had a dream that night,
She was in a white wedding gown, but when she looked in the mirror the gown was a bright red , like fresh blood.
And I told my mom about the figure and the voices
My mom then went around the house and cleansed the house and put symbols on the mirrors..
When she did that ,she found that the rods my sister had always pointed at my room.
She went to my room holding the rods when she stood in the middle of my room the rods turned to my closet...apparently my closet had a portal to the ghost plane
Also in my closet was a small dog plushie...my mom figured out that a ghost had attached itself to the plushie. So my mom had to destroy the plushie and a ring that also had a ghost attached to it.

And that was my story...after that we didn’t hear/see of the ghost ever again
yaaay for my mom knowing some very helpful rituals to get rid of ghosts!

I am a artist / roleplayer / gamer / and an insane idiot
Years ago in my childhood bedroom (which I am in right now, visiting my parents), a noise startet appearing. It was a metallic scraping noice coming from the corner furthest from my bed. The noise was frantic in a way that i knew the source had to be alive. The noise startet at night and I was so scared. I turned on the lights and started searching the crooks and crannies around and inside my closet, which stood in that corner, but couldnt find anything.

The last place that I could think of in the general area that the noise had come from, was the acoustic guitar laying on top of my closet. It seemed plausible, as the metallic sound coul have come from friction with the guitar strings, and the frantic thrashing sound suggesting it might be trapped inside.

There was nothing inside. The noise was not constant. There was actually long periods of silence inbetween. Enough that I would almost question if I had imagined it, but periodically throughout the night, the jarring metallic thrashing noise would resume. I was about equally scared and afraid for whatever poor animal might be trapped in a place I couldn't help it.

Morning come, and my parents helped me find that the source of the noise was an air vent that was partially hidden behind my closet, too tall for me to see it. From the outside we could see that a bird had been making a nest in it, thankfully appearing to not be stuck. My parents made sure it was outside before "sealing" the vent with some metal netting for my peace of mind. Very harmless cause, but the noise was so ominous and jarring that it really scared me at the time!

Bonus scary noise: the island I grew up on have a large population of red deer. The first time I heard a red deer's mating call was in the middle of the night and they legit sound like monsters!!!
here's a video of what they sound like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de_XH_WTsX0&t=0m24s
Years ago in my childhood bedroom (which I am in right now, visiting my parents), a noise startet appearing. It was a metallic scraping noice coming from the corner furthest from my bed. The noise was frantic in a way that i knew the source had to be alive. The noise startet at night and I was so scared. I turned on the lights and started searching the crooks and crannies around and inside my closet, which stood in that corner, but couldnt find anything.

The last place that I could think of in the general area that the noise had come from, was the acoustic guitar laying on top of my closet. It seemed plausible, as the metallic sound coul have come from friction with the guitar strings, and the frantic thrashing sound suggesting it might be trapped inside.

There was nothing inside. The noise was not constant. There was actually long periods of silence inbetween. Enough that I would almost question if I had imagined it, but periodically throughout the night, the jarring metallic thrashing noise would resume. I was about equally scared and afraid for whatever poor animal might be trapped in a place I couldn't help it.

Morning come, and my parents helped me find that the source of the noise was an air vent that was partially hidden behind my closet, too tall for me to see it. From the outside we could see that a bird had been making a nest in it, thankfully appearing to not be stuck. My parents made sure it was outside before "sealing" the vent with some metal netting for my peace of mind. Very harmless cause, but the noise was so ominous and jarring that it really scared me at the time!

Bonus scary noise: the island I grew up on have a large population of red deer. The first time I heard a red deer's mating call was in the middle of the night and they legit sound like monsters!!!
here's a video of what they sound like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de_XH_WTsX0&t=0m24s
slarg_child_by_deestracted-da8yxrd.png
When I was around 6 or 7 I used to see a woman in a long dress pacing the hallway outside of my room when I was trying to get to sleep. It happened almost every night before I fell asleep. Tbh I found it comforting . I also saw a little girl in my room once a few years ago in the middle of the night...that one creeped me out.
When I was around 6 or 7 I used to see a woman in a long dress pacing the hallway outside of my room when I was trying to get to sleep. It happened almost every night before I fell asleep. Tbh I found it comforting . I also saw a little girl in my room once a few years ago in the middle of the night...that one creeped me out.
image0.png
I have a kinda scary one from the time where I lived in a trailer-park.

So one day me, my friend R, and another friend of mine, A, decided that we should go pick up M from her house so that we could go exploring in the local creepy forest. When we went, she wasn't there, so we went and got another one of our friends, K, instead.

As we all sat down, thinking of what we should do, R says that she seen an abandoned well in the woods by M's house that we should go explore. And yep, that's where we went.

We all sat by the well and started to dig it up, seeing as it was filled to the brim with dirt. Eventually we stopped since there was something blocking off the rest of the well from being dug up. Before we were all about to go home, A suggested that we explore the woods there a bit more, since even she hadn't looked through them, and A has looked through every forest in the area.

We go in, R turns her phone on to record a video just in case something bad happened. R stops and looks over to the right, her face went completely WHITE with horror. R, K, and I turn and we see a circle of lawn chairs, a plastic table in the middle of the lawn chairs, and a.. well, I don't think it shouldn't really be mentioned but, let's just say that it 's death-causing.

After we all saw that, we immediately run out of the woods. To my knowledge, nobody has been in there ever since. Asked a few people and yep, people have actually died there.

(I have many more scary / weird stories from this trailer park that I'd love to share!)
I have a kinda scary one from the time where I lived in a trailer-park.

So one day me, my friend R, and another friend of mine, A, decided that we should go pick up M from her house so that we could go exploring in the local creepy forest. When we went, she wasn't there, so we went and got another one of our friends, K, instead.

As we all sat down, thinking of what we should do, R says that she seen an abandoned well in the woods by M's house that we should go explore. And yep, that's where we went.

We all sat by the well and started to dig it up, seeing as it was filled to the brim with dirt. Eventually we stopped since there was something blocking off the rest of the well from being dug up. Before we were all about to go home, A suggested that we explore the woods there a bit more, since even she hadn't looked through them, and A has looked through every forest in the area.

We go in, R turns her phone on to record a video just in case something bad happened. R stops and looks over to the right, her face went completely WHITE with horror. R, K, and I turn and we see a circle of lawn chairs, a plastic table in the middle of the lawn chairs, and a.. well, I don't think it shouldn't really be mentioned but, let's just say that it 's death-causing.

After we all saw that, we immediately run out of the woods. To my knowledge, nobody has been in there ever since. Asked a few people and yep, people have actually died there.

(I have many more scary / weird stories from this trailer park that I'd love to share!)
ayato_chibi_small.png powerchords
they/he
link goes here
link goes here
link goes here
semi-active
1 2