Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ghost Stories
1 2
Anyone out there got a spooky tale out there. Or anything creepy they have witnessed first hand? Perhaps you even live in a haunted house. Nothing is not creepy enough for this thread I wanna hear about your paranormal experiences.
Anyone out there got a spooky tale out there. Or anything creepy they have witnessed first hand? Perhaps you even live in a haunted house. Nothing is not creepy enough for this thread I wanna hear about your paranormal experiences.
2GWxIlJ.png
OK since no one is responding yet I will share a tale of my own. One time I was hiking down a trail with some friends. Then I saw what i'm pretty sure to this day was a windigo. If you don't know what it is google it. But before you do I will warn you creepy alert. We ran all the way back to our campsite. Supper scary. This was a kind way of bumping the tread.
OK since no one is responding yet I will share a tale of my own. One time I was hiking down a trail with some friends. Then I saw what i'm pretty sure to this day was a windigo. If you don't know what it is google it. But before you do I will warn you creepy alert. We ran all the way back to our campsite. Supper scary. This was a kind way of bumping the tread.
2GWxIlJ.png
In my old house, I kept hearing heavy footsteps on the roof. Nobody else heard them, but they were loud and it frightened me.

That's really short, so here's another one.

One time, I found the three of hearts card in my belongings. I wasn't sure why because I don't use cards. The next day, I found it on the table. I didn't move it. Nobody else seemed to have moved it. It just was there. A few days later, while we were on a road trip, I shifted and noticed something in my seat. You guessed it, it was the three of hearts. That was the last incident. I took it home and placed it down somewhere and it just disappeared. I never found it again.

Also, wendigos are pretty cool, but I would be scared too, haha.
In my old house, I kept hearing heavy footsteps on the roof. Nobody else heard them, but they were loud and it frightened me.

That's really short, so here's another one.

One time, I found the three of hearts card in my belongings. I wasn't sure why because I don't use cards. The next day, I found it on the table. I didn't move it. Nobody else seemed to have moved it. It just was there. A few days later, while we were on a road trip, I shifted and noticed something in my seat. You guessed it, it was the three of hearts. That was the last incident. I took it home and placed it down somewhere and it just disappeared. I never found it again.

Also, wendigos are pretty cool, but I would be scared too, haha.
@Vipera

i know nothing about cards n magic card stuff so i googled it and

"Three of Hearts means creativity or indecision in affection. This card represents a love triangle when one is standing before two choices."

"On the emotional level, the three of hearts pacifies a conflict. It is the first step towards finding inner peace and realizing a project, as well as welcoming the positive consequences of a decision taken a little time ago."

might make more sense to you, or probably even less sense.
@Vipera

i know nothing about cards n magic card stuff so i googled it and

"Three of Hearts means creativity or indecision in affection. This card represents a love triangle when one is standing before two choices."

"On the emotional level, the three of hearts pacifies a conflict. It is the first step towards finding inner peace and realizing a project, as well as welcoming the positive consequences of a decision taken a little time ago."

might make more sense to you, or probably even less sense.
1205.png
Shardz #93701
mlHpBMC.png
szLFrpq.png
bYt72YT.png
X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

my memory is so bad that i hadn't changed this since march 28th which i only know because it was "happy birthday sora"

cleaning my lair, G1s for sale

0kkQE96.png
TW8ViqF.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.png
1206.png
I have a few. Growing up, my folks lived on a farm house my grandpa built in the seventies, and it's surrounded by open fields on three sides and a forest on the fourth. In the middle of one of the hay fields was an ancient apple orchard, mostly overgrown, the trees gnarled and half-dead, but they still grew tiny little apples that tasted horrible and never got big enough to get red. My brothers and I used to walk there all the time in the summer to play and there were these two massive rocks in the middle of the orchard that seemed really out of place, but we would climb on them and stuff. Anyway, one day we were out playing as always, and we got this really weird feeling. All the birds flew away from the orchard and the breeze even stopped. We all looked at each other because we were thinking the same thing: We shouldn't be here. Before any of us could speak, the wind started up again and it was freezing cold, and I still swear we heard voices coming from up in the branches of one of the trees. We hightailed it back to the house, and I mentioned it to my grandpa. Turns out, a long time ago, there used to be a house by the orchard. It was pretty common for people to plant orchards near their houses. It was also common for families to bury their dead near their house if they were too poor to afford a burial plot. The rocks that we'd been climbing on? Those were there to mark where they'd been buried. I won't take over the whole thread but I have a few more stories if anyone is interested! Also @Vipera I do tarot readings and the suit of hearts correlates with the suit of cups in tarot. The three of cups is a card of celebration, socialization, and a reminder to work as a team. Thought you might find that interesting. [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
I have a few.
Growing up, my folks lived on a farm house my grandpa built in the seventies, and it's surrounded by open fields on three sides and a forest on the fourth. In the middle of one of the hay fields was an ancient apple orchard, mostly overgrown, the trees gnarled and half-dead, but they still grew tiny little apples that tasted horrible and never got big enough to get red. My brothers and I used to walk there all the time in the summer to play and there were these two massive rocks in the middle of the orchard that seemed really out of place, but we would climb on them and stuff.

Anyway, one day we were out playing as always, and we got this really weird feeling. All the birds flew away from the orchard and the breeze even stopped. We all looked at each other because we were thinking the same thing: We shouldn't be here. Before any of us could speak, the wind started up again and it was freezing cold, and I still swear we heard voices coming from up in the branches of one of the trees. We hightailed it back to the house, and I mentioned it to my grandpa.

Turns out, a long time ago, there used to be a house by the orchard. It was pretty common for people to plant orchards near their houses. It was also common for families to bury their dead near their house if they were too poor to afford a burial plot. The rocks that we'd been climbing on? Those were there to mark where they'd been buried.

I won't take over the whole thread but I have a few more stories if anyone is interested!

Also @Vipera I do tarot readings and the suit of hearts correlates with the suit of cups in tarot. The three of cups is a card of celebration, socialization, and a reminder to work as a team. Thought you might find that interesting.
R6ZJKtW.gif
A FAQs
Buying Maroon Tert G1s
Tarot Shop
Wishlist
Clan Lore
AAAAAAAAAAA qC8XNby.png
Oh wow, do I love this thread. All these creepy stories!

I have a tale to tell, too. I've always been familiar with and had dealings with these dark beings known as "shadow people". If you Google them, you can find out quite a bit about them. Some say they are malicious, but they really have no control over our dimension, and they're practically harmless; they usually show up only to observe. They're really just curious little things. I have distinct memories of seeing them as a child. They look like a default male human figure, covered completely in shadow, usually tall and lanky in form.

This happened about... 2-3 years ago. For context, I had moved in with my mom at the time for like a year because I had nowhere else to go and she took me in (I moved out years ago lol). We lived in these very nice apartments that were two-story, and I was given the room on the bottom floor.

One night, I was hungry for a snack, so I had to go upstairs into the kitchen. Turned on the kitchen light, walked in there like usual, opened up the pantry door. I was standing there, sorta hunched over, grazing through what there was to eat. My appetite couldn't decide on anything, so I kinda sighed, and straightened up.

Movement caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. Kinda freaked me out, seeing as I was the only one in the kitchen and it was the middle of the night. My eyes were drawn to that crack in the door, near the hinges, and then I saw it.

I completely froze and I remember feeling pretty terrified as I was suddenly face to face and staring right into the "face" of one of those shadow people. However, this event stuck out in my mind, because this one, looked like, well... it looked like "Slenderman", for lack of a better explanation. I remember staring into this blank face between the cracks of the door, like it was standing behind the door. Its face was pale, stark white, and it had no facial features whatsoever, only the slightest indents of eyes, etc. I was just standing there staring at this thing and the thing was staring right back at me.

I panicked and slammed the door shut. It was gone. Nothing was there, as if nothing had happened. But I now had this sheer apprehension laying heavy on my shoulders, this fear rampant in the air. My blood felt chilled. I was paranoid about what I had just seen, so I totally forgot what I had came there in the first place for, and hurriedly left the kitchen, down the stairs to my room.

Didn't wanna go back upstairs the whole night. The memory seems strange, but I wouldn't have remembered it if it hadn't happened, if that makes sense.
Oh wow, do I love this thread. All these creepy stories!

I have a tale to tell, too. I've always been familiar with and had dealings with these dark beings known as "shadow people". If you Google them, you can find out quite a bit about them. Some say they are malicious, but they really have no control over our dimension, and they're practically harmless; they usually show up only to observe. They're really just curious little things. I have distinct memories of seeing them as a child. They look like a default male human figure, covered completely in shadow, usually tall and lanky in form.

This happened about... 2-3 years ago. For context, I had moved in with my mom at the time for like a year because I had nowhere else to go and she took me in (I moved out years ago lol). We lived in these very nice apartments that were two-story, and I was given the room on the bottom floor.

One night, I was hungry for a snack, so I had to go upstairs into the kitchen. Turned on the kitchen light, walked in there like usual, opened up the pantry door. I was standing there, sorta hunched over, grazing through what there was to eat. My appetite couldn't decide on anything, so I kinda sighed, and straightened up.

Movement caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. Kinda freaked me out, seeing as I was the only one in the kitchen and it was the middle of the night. My eyes were drawn to that crack in the door, near the hinges, and then I saw it.

I completely froze and I remember feeling pretty terrified as I was suddenly face to face and staring right into the "face" of one of those shadow people. However, this event stuck out in my mind, because this one, looked like, well... it looked like "Slenderman", for lack of a better explanation. I remember staring into this blank face between the cracks of the door, like it was standing behind the door. Its face was pale, stark white, and it had no facial features whatsoever, only the slightest indents of eyes, etc. I was just standing there staring at this thing and the thing was staring right back at me.

I panicked and slammed the door shut. It was gone. Nothing was there, as if nothing had happened. But I now had this sheer apprehension laying heavy on my shoulders, this fear rampant in the air. My blood felt chilled. I was paranoid about what I had just seen, so I totally forgot what I had came there in the first place for, and hurriedly left the kitchen, down the stairs to my room.

Didn't wanna go back upstairs the whole night. The memory seems strange, but I wouldn't have remembered it if it hadn't happened, if that makes sense.
vaOV9W8.gif
I have several, but I'll tell you what happened with my dad and his two friends when they were sixteen/seventeen. My dad and his two friends went camping one weekend out to a little spot that they had scoped out a few months or so ago. They went camping there often and nothing remotely happened. So they decided to go this weekend and brought some food and banana wine. My dad and Sunny were gathering firewood while their buddy Rod was sleeping by a campfire. Which this fire was huge already, about the size of a dinner table that could fit eight people, but they didn't want the flame to go out. So while my dad and Sunny were gathering firewood, they heard this noise coming across the cornfield. Sounded like a woman screaming in rage but it was long and loud and making its way towards them. My dad woke up Rod and all three of them got up ontop of a rock pile that over looked the fire and faced towards the corn field. Behind them was a pond and on either side was a field with one leading a trail to the train tracks. As the screaming got closer, all three picked up rocks, they were home boys that knew how to throw a rock and throw it true. So as the screaming got closer they could pin point exactly where the thing would come out of the cornfield. But as when it should have come out, there was nothing. Total silence. No wind, no animals croaking, no crickets chirping, it was dead silent. Then, out of nowhere, their huge fire was smashed out, like a huge boot came down and smothered, causing total darkness. It took them a few moments to adjust to the lack of light. all three were back to back watching for whatever was stalking them. Suddenly Rod let a rock fly, something had been coming up the hill right below him, and two more rocks followed. They kept volleying rocks at whatever it was and it screamed out in pain and ran back to the corner of the field. But it suddenly turned back around and screamed again, only in rage, as if it was saying "I'm going to kill you!" All three boys took off running down the trail towards the train tracks. Sunny and Rod zoomed past my dad leaving him in the dust. As my dad ran he could hear whatever was chasing them cut through the field. Twigs were breaking and branches were snapping as if hooves were trampling through the brush and it was trying to cut him off from the others. As my dad made it up the hill, he saw Rod and Sunny on the other side of the train tracks, but once my dad hit the trestles, something in him told him to walk and show no fear. All of a sudden, my dad wasn't winded, he felt calm and he walked softly across the tracks. Rod and Sunny looked at him like he was nuts and he simply asked them what was wrong with them. Both pointed back across the tracks and looking you could make out the outline of this great big black shadow, about seven to eight feet high and you could just feel the rage and evil flowing through it before it turned back around and disappeared back the way they had come. If you're wondering why it didn't go across the tracks, on the other side where dad and his friends were at, was a VA cemetery, holy ground a place a demon can never walk. Dad never went back there during the night, and only ever went back there during the middle of a day, with a gun. I have several other stories as my house is haunted and I can sense their emotions or when one is around. We even had a couple of shadow people stay with us. If you want more, just let me know [emoji=gaoler winking size=1]
I have several, but I'll tell you what happened with my dad and his two friends when they were sixteen/seventeen.

My dad and his two friends went camping one weekend out to a little spot that they had scoped out a few months or so ago. They went camping there often and nothing remotely happened. So they decided to go this weekend and brought some food and banana wine.

My dad and Sunny were gathering firewood while their buddy Rod was sleeping by a campfire. Which this fire was huge already, about the size of a dinner table that could fit eight people, but they didn't want the flame to go out. So while my dad and Sunny were gathering firewood, they heard this noise coming across the cornfield. Sounded like a woman screaming in rage but it was long and loud and making its way towards them.

My dad woke up Rod and all three of them got up ontop of a rock pile that over looked the fire and faced towards the corn field. Behind them was a pond and on either side was a field with one leading a trail to the train tracks.

As the screaming got closer, all three picked up rocks, they were home boys that knew how to throw a rock and throw it true. So as the screaming got closer they could pin point exactly where the thing would come out of the cornfield.

But as when it should have come out, there was nothing. Total silence. No wind, no animals croaking, no crickets chirping, it was dead silent. Then, out of nowhere, their huge fire was smashed out, like a huge boot came down and smothered, causing total darkness.

It took them a few moments to adjust to the lack of light. all three were back to back watching for whatever was stalking them. Suddenly Rod let a rock fly, something had been coming up the hill right below him, and two more rocks followed. They kept volleying rocks at whatever it was and it screamed out in pain and ran back to the corner of the field. But it suddenly turned back around and screamed again, only in rage, as if it was saying "I'm going to kill you!"

All three boys took off running down the trail towards the train tracks. Sunny and Rod zoomed past my dad leaving him in the dust. As my dad ran he could hear whatever was chasing them cut through the field. Twigs were breaking and branches were snapping as if hooves were trampling through the brush and it was trying to cut him off from the others.

As my dad made it up the hill, he saw Rod and Sunny on the other side of the train tracks, but once my dad hit the trestles, something in him told him to walk and show no fear. All of a sudden, my dad wasn't winded, he felt calm and he walked softly across the tracks.

Rod and Sunny looked at him like he was nuts and he simply asked them what was wrong with them. Both pointed back across the tracks and looking you could make out the outline of this great big black shadow, about seven to eight feet high and you could just feel the rage and evil flowing through it before it turned back around and disappeared back the way they had come.

If you're wondering why it didn't go across the tracks, on the other side where dad and his friends were at, was a VA cemetery, holy ground a place a demon can never walk.

Dad never went back there during the night, and only ever went back there during the middle of a day, with a gun.

I have several other stories as my house is haunted and I can sense their emotions or when one is around. We even had a couple of shadow people stay with us. If you want more, just let me know
IRkrlkr.pngy6tbxWr.pngs91d4l6.png
The house I lived in before the one I currently live in was filled with spooks.

The house itself wasn’t haunted but since the move was very stressful for all of us— especially for my mother and we had some guy stalking us on the highway over a bad business deal (basically we bred puppies, he sorta pre ordered one but the litter got sick and they all died, we refunded his money but he wouldnt leave us alone. He came to the house when it was just me and my younger siblings home and he was with his friends, banging on windows and being very threatening. He eventually left but followed us on the highway to our new house).

And moving + my father is an ordeal. He makes everything way too stressful and expects everyone to move like lightning and be super strong and we have to get out IMMEDIATELY. First he said we had 2 weeks to leave then the next day we had to hurry up and gtfo.

So, yes. Stressful.

And apparently spirits —especially bad ones— feed on bad energy and can follow you home.

I knew the house wasnt haunted beforehand because I spent an entire night kn there on my own and nothing out of the ordinary happened. It was windy and creepy but other than that, yeah, ordinary two story house.

Things didn’t happen right away, obviously. We were still settling in. But after we had almost everything set up and settled and were semi relaxed in our new home we all (being my mother, my sisters and I) started to feel/see things individually. We hadnt talked about it aloud with each other or anything.
A few weeks after moving in my mother asked both me and my sister what we thought of the house individually and we both said the same.
“It was good, but I see shadows in my room at night. I hear strange noises. I hear you when you’re not here.”
It never got too extreme for us.
However, there was one spirit that followed my mother. I saw it once when we were cleansing the house and it was hiding upstairs in the pantry.

My mother had said that she saw the spirit/entity in her bathroom when her bed used to face the bathroom. She said it had the face of my father but she could only see his face and he was sneering and making weird faces at her. My father was downstairs btw. He usually hangs out in my brother’s room. She moved her bed so it wasnt facing the bathroom.

There was one day we were all hanging out in seperate rooms. My brothers and father in the downstairs lounge room, me and my sisters in our own rooms, my mother in her bathroom.
My mother often folded the laundry upstairs and left the basket atop the stairs but not directly in front of them otherwise it’d block the path for people coming up and down.
Anyway, this day it sounded like a basket flew down the stairs and I thought my mother fell down the stairs, we all went to check out the noise and thought to find a basket down the stairs but there wasn’t anything. There was a sound we all heard but nothing fell down the stairs.
My room opened up to the stairs so if there was anything or anyone there that decided to “prank” anyone I would have caught them but there was nothing. Everyone was confused.

I was often home alone and in my bedroom. I would hear the sound of my mum’s keys inside the house so I’d exit my room to greet her but she wasnt there. I’d check all over the house, outside, everywhere and she wasn’t there. Her car wasnt in the driveway. At first, I thought I was hearing things so I went back to my room. A few minutes later I’d hear her keys again and I’d go to check if she was home and she wasn’t. The third time I ignored it and it didn’t happen again.

Everyone often saw shadows walking atop the stairs, walking from the kitchen to my mum’s bathroom. Back and forth. And it looked like legs and like I said, I was often home alone. You could really see the shadowy legs when you sat in the computer room downstairs which had a good angle of the stairs.

After we cleansed the house, the majority of the spirits left but some came back.
We moved to another house and nothing followed us.

Another encounter happened when I was younger and I lived up north with my mum and her boyfriend. I had a bedroom with a window that looked outside. I used the outside light as a night light because I was scared of the dark. I would leave my curtains open so the light would come into half of my bedroom. I had a closet in my room too, which I didnt use.
One night as I was going to sleep, I closed my eyes for a few minutes and opened them again to find the light had disappeared from my room. I got up and looked out the window. The light was still on, the curtains still open, absolutely nothing I could see that would block the light but yet, the light was blocked. I freaked out and turned my bedroom light on. Then I switched bedrooms.

Small things would happen too like the radio or TV turning on an off by itself and the tap to the sink would turn on by itself too.

The house I lived in before the one I currently live in was filled with spooks.

The house itself wasn’t haunted but since the move was very stressful for all of us— especially for my mother and we had some guy stalking us on the highway over a bad business deal (basically we bred puppies, he sorta pre ordered one but the litter got sick and they all died, we refunded his money but he wouldnt leave us alone. He came to the house when it was just me and my younger siblings home and he was with his friends, banging on windows and being very threatening. He eventually left but followed us on the highway to our new house).

And moving + my father is an ordeal. He makes everything way too stressful and expects everyone to move like lightning and be super strong and we have to get out IMMEDIATELY. First he said we had 2 weeks to leave then the next day we had to hurry up and gtfo.

So, yes. Stressful.

And apparently spirits —especially bad ones— feed on bad energy and can follow you home.

I knew the house wasnt haunted beforehand because I spent an entire night kn there on my own and nothing out of the ordinary happened. It was windy and creepy but other than that, yeah, ordinary two story house.

Things didn’t happen right away, obviously. We were still settling in. But after we had almost everything set up and settled and were semi relaxed in our new home we all (being my mother, my sisters and I) started to feel/see things individually. We hadnt talked about it aloud with each other or anything.
A few weeks after moving in my mother asked both me and my sister what we thought of the house individually and we both said the same.
“It was good, but I see shadows in my room at night. I hear strange noises. I hear you when you’re not here.”
It never got too extreme for us.
However, there was one spirit that followed my mother. I saw it once when we were cleansing the house and it was hiding upstairs in the pantry.

My mother had said that she saw the spirit/entity in her bathroom when her bed used to face the bathroom. She said it had the face of my father but she could only see his face and he was sneering and making weird faces at her. My father was downstairs btw. He usually hangs out in my brother’s room. She moved her bed so it wasnt facing the bathroom.

There was one day we were all hanging out in seperate rooms. My brothers and father in the downstairs lounge room, me and my sisters in our own rooms, my mother in her bathroom.
My mother often folded the laundry upstairs and left the basket atop the stairs but not directly in front of them otherwise it’d block the path for people coming up and down.
Anyway, this day it sounded like a basket flew down the stairs and I thought my mother fell down the stairs, we all went to check out the noise and thought to find a basket down the stairs but there wasn’t anything. There was a sound we all heard but nothing fell down the stairs.
My room opened up to the stairs so if there was anything or anyone there that decided to “prank” anyone I would have caught them but there was nothing. Everyone was confused.

I was often home alone and in my bedroom. I would hear the sound of my mum’s keys inside the house so I’d exit my room to greet her but she wasnt there. I’d check all over the house, outside, everywhere and she wasn’t there. Her car wasnt in the driveway. At first, I thought I was hearing things so I went back to my room. A few minutes later I’d hear her keys again and I’d go to check if she was home and she wasn’t. The third time I ignored it and it didn’t happen again.

Everyone often saw shadows walking atop the stairs, walking from the kitchen to my mum’s bathroom. Back and forth. And it looked like legs and like I said, I was often home alone. You could really see the shadowy legs when you sat in the computer room downstairs which had a good angle of the stairs.

After we cleansed the house, the majority of the spirits left but some came back.
We moved to another house and nothing followed us.

Another encounter happened when I was younger and I lived up north with my mum and her boyfriend. I had a bedroom with a window that looked outside. I used the outside light as a night light because I was scared of the dark. I would leave my curtains open so the light would come into half of my bedroom. I had a closet in my room too, which I didnt use.
One night as I was going to sleep, I closed my eyes for a few minutes and opened them again to find the light had disappeared from my room. I got up and looked out the window. The light was still on, the curtains still open, absolutely nothing I could see that would block the light but yet, the light was blocked. I freaked out and turned my bedroom light on. Then I switched bedrooms.

Small things would happen too like the radio or TV turning on an off by itself and the tap to the sink would turn on by itself too.

9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
Didn’t mean to write a novel damn lol
Didn’t mean to write a novel damn lol
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
Oh, these stories are so spooky and interesting. Thank you for sharing, everyone.

@Kitsicles @dadminkestler

Thank you both for the information! Both of those actually makes sense, considering what was happening at the time... I'm quite moved!
Oh, these stories are so spooky and interesting. Thank you for sharing, everyone.

@Kitsicles @dadminkestler

Thank you both for the information! Both of those actually makes sense, considering what was happening at the time... I'm quite moved!
1 2