Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Book recommendations?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14
@Faasnu omg really? that's awesome!! Glad you love them too; I haven't met many people who've ever heard of them! <3
@Faasnu omg really? that's awesome!! Glad you love them too; I haven't met many people who've ever heard of them! <3
trilo
she/her
@Trilonyte - Yeah!! I absolutely adore that series. It’s sad that not many people have heard of it; it’s SO good!

My fave character is probably Kady.
@Trilonyte - Yeah!! I absolutely adore that series. It’s sad that not many people have heard of it; it’s SO good!

My fave character is probably Kady.
1391_350px_rainforest_by_miirshroom-dbvjs1a.png
@Faasnu Ikr?? It really should be more popular lol

Kady's awesome! I have a bit of a soft spot for Hanna too (and can't forget everyone's favorite borderline-insane AI)
@Faasnu Ikr?? It really should be more popular lol

Kady's awesome! I have a bit of a soft spot for Hanna too (and can't forget everyone's favorite borderline-insane AI)
trilo
she/her
To everyone who has said that Tamora Pierce’s books are great, I second you! Pretty much my favorite author of all time, she has so many great series, and each of them are different enough from one another so that if you don’t like one, you should try the rest to see if those are better suited for you.

Also, I loved Lord of the Rings for the epic adventures and beautiful descriptions! There are too many praises for this series in order to put them all in a single post. Also, the community is amazing to talk to! The extra material is insane!
To everyone who has said that Tamora Pierce’s books are great, I second you! Pretty much my favorite author of all time, she has so many great series, and each of them are different enough from one another so that if you don’t like one, you should try the rest to see if those are better suited for you.

Also, I loved Lord of the Rings for the epic adventures and beautiful descriptions! There are too many praises for this series in order to put them all in a single post. Also, the community is amazing to talk to! The extra material is insane!
tumblr_our8hfOuzy1wy5ljoo1_100.png
*waves* Hi!

I'd like to recommend James S.A. Corey's The Expanse series, which is also an Amazon Prime TV show (it used to be on SyFy before they canceled it). I'd also like to second the person who said Robin Hobb, another person who said Brandon Sanderson, and add that, if no one's mentioned it, Laini Taylor.
*waves* Hi!

I'd like to recommend James S.A. Corey's The Expanse series, which is also an Amazon Prime TV show (it used to be on SyFy before they canceled it). I'd also like to second the person who said Robin Hobb, another person who said Brandon Sanderson, and add that, if no one's mentioned it, Laini Taylor.
“'If only, if only,'" the woodpecker sighs,
"'The bark on the tree was as soft as the skies.'"
While the wolf waits below, hungry and lonely,
Crying to the moo-oo-oon,
"'If only, If only.'”

ca4c18fce6b2300a3890285a25a0099684033c63.jpg
If you're into long books filled with action than I recommend Harry Potter. It has 7 long books so it should keep you busy, and it's really good. It also is fantasy because it's about magic and it's really fun to learn about the magical world.
If you're into long books filled with action than I recommend Harry Potter. It has 7 long books so it should keep you busy, and it's really good. It also is fantasy because it's about magic and it's really fun to learn about the magical world.
ew9u8Xp.png
Of mice and men if you're in high school
Of mice and men if you're in high school
[img]i cant *******get the right aspect ratio ugh[/img]
My partner cannot stop talking about the Red Rising series, maybe give it a looksie?
My partner cannot stop talking about the Red Rising series, maybe give it a looksie?
wMXAg3w.png
On the subject of Maximum Ride, you're gonna have to suspend disbelief when she tries to make her wings invisible to normal folk by putting a shirt on over them- and succeeds.
I couldn't. However, I'm going to second the Wings of Fire, Good Omens, and Redwall recommendations.
On the subject of Maximum Ride, you're gonna have to suspend disbelief when she tries to make her wings invisible to normal folk by putting a shirt on over them- and succeeds.
I couldn't. However, I'm going to second the Wings of Fire, Good Omens, and Redwall recommendations.
FR time plus two hours. Lots of tiny, niche fandoms. Mostly crazy. Interact at your own risk.
The minute I see fantasy
Red queen! It's a dystopian world with magic! SO AWESOME! One of my favorite series until the fourth book.
The minute I see fantasy
Red queen! It's a dystopian world with magic! SO AWESOME! One of my favorite series until the fourth book.
dmEpGuD.pngspjFg3y.pngFeel free to talk to me about broadway/starkid any time!
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14