Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Book recommendations?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14
Good Omens is a good book. The writing style is 10/10. (I haven't watched the show lol
While I'm on the topic of Neil Gaiman, Coraline andThe Graveyard Book.
I'm currently reading Mostly Void Partially Stars and it's great. It's about a town where weird supernatural things happen so often that everyone has accepted it.
And if you're interested in comics, Here There Be Gerblins is an amusing fantasy comic. It's sequel, Murder on the Rockport Limited, is coming out soon.
It's also never (very rarely) a bad time to reread Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
I would recommend Beren and Luthien, but I haven't read it myself lol.
Good Omens is a good book. The writing style is 10/10. (I haven't watched the show lol
While I'm on the topic of Neil Gaiman, Coraline andThe Graveyard Book.
I'm currently reading Mostly Void Partially Stars and it's great. It's about a town where weird supernatural things happen so often that everyone has accepted it.
And if you're interested in comics, Here There Be Gerblins is an amusing fantasy comic. It's sequel, Murder on the Rockport Limited, is coming out soon.
It's also never (very rarely) a bad time to reread Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
I would recommend Beren and Luthien, but I haven't read it myself lol.
yotd_horizontal_border.png
[quote name="Phrixi" date="2019-06-30 17:17:32" ] Good Omens is a good book. The writing style is 10/10. (I haven't watched the show lol) [/quote] aaaaa you stole my book rec xP (also as someone who HAS watched the show it is a phenomenal adaptation and I highly recommend it!) I read Good Omens years ago (reread it recently after the show came out) and I absolutely adored it. The writing is twisted and humorous and the story is so much fun. Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (RIP) are such a dream team and their writing puts a smile on my face without fail :D
Phrixi wrote on 2019-06-30 17:17:32:
Good Omens is a good book. The writing style is 10/10. (I haven't watched the show lol)

aaaaa you stole my book rec xP (also as someone who HAS watched the show it is a phenomenal adaptation and I highly recommend it!)

I read Good Omens years ago (reread it recently after the show came out) and I absolutely adored it. The writing is twisted and humorous and the story is so much fun. Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (RIP) are such a dream team and their writing puts a smile on my face without fail :D
dhexHUp.gif
mX6TeTF.png

Starry fr__shadow_by_baelfin-d8uyn7o.png She/Her fr__shadow_by_baelfin-d8uyn7o.png Ace

8YmGCOD.png
3TXtMcG.gif
The Shadowmarch series by Tad Williams is a really good series for fantasy that I would highly recommend!
The Shadowmarch series by Tad Williams is a really good series for fantasy that I would highly recommend!
fireshield_divider3_by_starkindlerstudio-dajul4r.png[/ur
I just finished reading Sorcery of Thorns and it was GREAT... I love all of the mcs...

big points:

-books that are alive
-sorcery!!
-demons!!
-LIBRARIES FULL OF LIVING BOOKS
-nathaniel's soft hair
-THE BOOKS... ARE ALIVE
-lots of very good magic!!
I just finished reading Sorcery of Thorns and it was GREAT... I love all of the mcs...

big points:

-books that are alive
-sorcery!!
-demons!!
-LIBRARIES FULL OF LIVING BOOKS
-nathaniel's soft hair
-THE BOOKS... ARE ALIVE
-lots of very good magic!!
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
And I Darken by kierstein white is v good!!! i wish i had more to rec but im currently going through my rereading percy jackson for the inner 8 year old in me phase for the 4th time
And I Darken by kierstein white is v good!!! i wish i had more to rec but im currently going through my rereading percy jackson for the inner 8 year old in me phase for the 4th time
Any of the Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child are usually good.
Any of the Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child are usually good.
Adventurers Wanted by M. L. Forman

The sign is small, tucked into the corner of Mr. Clutter s bookshop window: Adventurers Wanted. Apply Within. No one but fifteen-year-old Alex Taylor even seems to notice it is there. And for Alex, who has wished for a change in his life, it is an irresistible invitation. Upon entering Mr. Clutter s shop, Alex is swept away to a faraway land filled with heroic warriors, mysterious elves, and hard-working dwarves.

It's five books
Adventurers Wanted by M. L. Forman

The sign is small, tucked into the corner of Mr. Clutter s bookshop window: Adventurers Wanted. Apply Within. No one but fifteen-year-old Alex Taylor even seems to notice it is there. And for Alex, who has wished for a change in his life, it is an irresistible invitation. Upon entering Mr. Clutter s shop, Alex is swept away to a faraway land filled with heroic warriors, mysterious elves, and hard-working dwarves.

It's five books
It's PhEOnix404 not PhOEnix404

RM5UN.gif
The Dungeoneers. It's definitely a kids' book, but it's pretty fun. The main characters are a bunch of kids who are training to be an adventuring party in a typical medieval fantasy world. They include a would-be barbarian who faints at the sight of her own blood, a mage who can only cast one spell (random blasts of fire in all directions), a druid who's terrified of large predatory animals, and a rogue who is probably the most normal (and competent) member of the party.
The Dungeoneers. It's definitely a kids' book, but it's pretty fun. The main characters are a bunch of kids who are training to be an adventuring party in a typical medieval fantasy world. They include a would-be barbarian who faints at the sight of her own blood, a mage who can only cast one spell (random blasts of fire in all directions), a druid who's terrified of large predatory animals, and a rogue who is probably the most normal (and competent) member of the party.
Please help me raise my Dragon Cave hatchlings and hatch my eggs by viewing and clicking on them. :D (A big thank you to everyone who has already helped!)
My absolute favourite book of all time is We Are The Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson

It's a YA Sci-Fi about a teenage boy who gets regularly abducted by aliens and is then told that the world is going to end. The aliens offer a button to him that will (somehow) save the world from this doom, and give him the choice of pressing it or not.

He doesn't know if he wants to.

If you do decide to read this one, I'd highly recommend searching for a trigger warning list as it does cover a wide variety of triggering situations.
My absolute favourite book of all time is We Are The Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson

It's a YA Sci-Fi about a teenage boy who gets regularly abducted by aliens and is then told that the world is going to end. The aliens offer a button to him that will (somehow) save the world from this doom, and give him the choice of pressing it or not.

He doesn't know if he wants to.

If you do decide to read this one, I'd highly recommend searching for a trigger warning list as it does cover a wide variety of triggering situations.
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

josh | he/him | fr+4
wishlist
hatchery
ipnEeR0.png
The Warriors series (aka warrior cats) is an easy read and has a lot of books in the series to keep you entertained. In short, it's about feral cats living in the woods in organized clans and organized religion. A lot of crazy stuff happens, and the main character is a cat who was raised by humans that escapes into the wild to join one of these clans.

I'm only recently getting back into reading books so this thread is helping me find stuff too :^)
The Warriors series (aka warrior cats) is an easy read and has a lot of books in the series to keep you entertained. In short, it's about feral cats living in the woods in organized clans and organized religion. A lot of crazy stuff happens, and the main character is a cat who was raised by humans that escapes into the wild to join one of these clans.

I'm only recently getting back into reading books so this thread is helping me find stuff too :^)
ESz41.gif Hey i'm Eben and i love 80s music, homestuck, splatoon and animation!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14