Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Book recommendations?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
It by Stephen King (5 out of 5)

This book was super long, but really good.
It by Stephen King (5 out of 5)

This book was super long, but really good.
I love how long this is going for just the summer lol.

If you looking for books about fantasy and dragons I am your gal!. I recommend the Wings of Fire series. There are already 3 seasons worth of books! And they are all about dragons. Good books to read with deep and complex characters and an awesome world, look up Wings of Fire, The Dragonet Prophecy and have fun reading the 13 books that are currently out. (soon 14) That's just the main series!
I love how long this is going for just the summer lol.

If you looking for books about fantasy and dragons I am your gal!. I recommend the Wings of Fire series. There are already 3 seasons worth of books! And they are all about dragons. Good books to read with deep and complex characters and an awesome world, look up Wings of Fire, The Dragonet Prophecy and have fun reading the 13 books that are currently out. (soon 14) That's just the main series!
rNm9jr5.png
The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde

5/5 stars

It was so wonderful. I can't wait to reread this so I can get more out of it. There were so many amazing quotes and moments in here. I just adored it.
The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde

5/5 stars

It was so wonderful. I can't wait to reread this so I can get more out of it. There were so many amazing quotes and moments in here. I just adored it.
Unwind by Neal Shushterman.

It’s a dystopian if you’re into that. Some parts are really messed up and the “unwinding” part was so disturbing to me. I enjoy reading dystopian novels and this was one of my favorites. It’s also a part of a series. The beginning is pretty generic but the writing gets so much better and by the time I was 150 pages in, I was hooked.
5/5 stars.
Unwind by Neal Shushterman.

It’s a dystopian if you’re into that. Some parts are really messed up and the “unwinding” part was so disturbing to me. I enjoy reading dystopian novels and this was one of my favorites. It’s also a part of a series. The beginning is pretty generic but the writing gets so much better and by the time I was 150 pages in, I was hooked.
5/5 stars.
| He/Him | 3+ FR | Opal Gene Enthusiast |
nudX0O8.png
Dawn by Octavia E. Butler

Here's the blurb from Amazon:
"Lilith lyapo awoke from a centuries-long sleep to find herself aboard the vast spaceship of the Oankali. Creatures covered in writhing tentacles, the Oankali had saved every surviving human from a dying, ruined Earth. They healed the planet, cured cancer, increased strength, and were now ready to help Lilith lead her people back to Earth--but for a price."

It's the first in a trilogy. I have yet to read the other two, as my library only has one, but I'm gonna.
Dawn by Octavia E. Butler

Here's the blurb from Amazon:
"Lilith lyapo awoke from a centuries-long sleep to find herself aboard the vast spaceship of the Oankali. Creatures covered in writhing tentacles, the Oankali had saved every surviving human from a dying, ruined Earth. They healed the planet, cured cancer, increased strength, and were now ready to help Lilith lead her people back to Earth--but for a price."

It's the first in a trilogy. I have yet to read the other two, as my library only has one, but I'm gonna.
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
[quote name="Owlynx" date="2019-06-10 15:22:52" ] I'd say Wings of Fire and Warriors if you're looking for a long haul. Warriors: A very long book series following the adventures of 4 cat Clans, Shadowclan, Thunderclan, Windclan, and Riverclan. Thunderclan is the primary protagonist clan. Thunderclan is in dire need of help and change, but when a prophecy emerges and a cat of orange colored fur enters the scene, things are about to change drastically for the 4 clans. Wings of Fire: Think of Flight Rising, but as a huge hierarchy of different dragon tribes (Sandwings, Seawings, Skywings, Mudwings, Nightwing, Rainwings) all ordered by a single Queen and the royal family. Something's going wrong with the Sandwing Tribe, their Queen had died and her 3 Daughters and potential heirs to the Sandwing throne fight eachother in a war for the throne. A prophecy of 6 dragonets of power will rise to choose a worthy successor and finally put an end to the bloodshed. [/quote] YES YES YES I SECOND THIS
Owlynx wrote on 2019-06-10 15:22:52:
I'd say Wings of Fire and Warriors if you're looking for a long haul.

Warriors:
A very long book series following the adventures of 4 cat Clans, Shadowclan, Thunderclan, Windclan, and Riverclan. Thunderclan is the primary protagonist clan. Thunderclan is in dire need of help and change, but when a prophecy emerges and a cat of orange colored fur enters the scene, things are about to change drastically for the 4 clans.
Wings of Fire:
Think of Flight Rising, but as a huge hierarchy of different dragon tribes (Sandwings, Seawings, Skywings, Mudwings, Nightwing, Rainwings) all ordered by a single Queen and the royal family.

Something's going wrong with the Sandwing Tribe, their Queen had died and her 3 Daughters and potential heirs to the Sandwing throne fight eachother in a war for the throne. A prophecy of 6 dragonets of power will rise to choose a worthy successor and finally put an end to the bloodshed.

YES YES YES I SECOND THIS
imageedit_1_7297660177.png arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Wishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Would You Rather? (click to play!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Looking for Modern Veined gene brewers!

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Used to be ShadeytheDragon
I'm reading Ulysses at the moment and it just keeps getting weirder and weirder as it goes forward and I'm loving it. I'm on Circe at the moment and this part of the book is told in the style of a hallucinogenic play.
I'm reading Ulysses at the moment and it just keeps getting weirder and weirder as it goes forward and I'm loving it. I'm on Circe at the moment and this part of the book is told in the style of a hallucinogenic play.
"Darkness still fell upon the cliff and the horn of the new moon vanished in the end behind the window of the wall as into a long-feared shelter in the Earth rich with the frames humility of God's memory and reflections. The stars in the sky shivered as they crawled once more up the fantastic ladder and into the void of themselves. They wondered whose turn would be next to fall from the sky as the last ghost of the crew had died and they alone were left to frame Christ's tree and home."
The Aurora Cycle is a relatively new book, but it's one of the best sci-fi novels I've read in recent memory. It's written by the authors of the Illuminae series and it's got a really amazing cast of characters with an intriguing plotline. Also, I definitely second all the people reccing Wings of Fire. ;)
The Aurora Cycle is a relatively new book, but it's one of the best sci-fi novels I've read in recent memory. It's written by the authors of the Illuminae series and it's got a really amazing cast of characters with an intriguing plotline. Also, I definitely second all the people reccing Wings of Fire. ;)
PdiBTNZ.pngCeXKCTs.pngSwhjRD4.png0jScwbh.png9GyBzjA.pngL5HaB2k.pngtzNF5JO.pngDoc89Ty.png33VeK2O.pngyK2yfiw.pngqKZAaLK.pngMmr9HrK.pngXmwl616.png5cGqrId.pngFRFriVl.pngdVEhpEt.pngd3XCZt0.pngu0xFVz1.png6bJPt0y.pngGJZzfu4.png
maOBYBK.png
Since ur on a dragon website, i feel like Wings Of Fire is a great series!
If you have the patience to read over 30 books, read Warriors
If you love fairy-tales, read The Land Of Stories!
Since ur on a dragon website, i feel like Wings Of Fire is a great series!
If you have the patience to read over 30 books, read Warriors
If you love fairy-tales, read The Land Of Stories!
if you enjoy fantasy and love dragons, than Wings of Fire :)
if you enjoy fantasy and love dragons, than Wings of Fire :)
nXKI4pB.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14