Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Is anyone playing Dragonvale?
1 2 3 4 5
I've played DragonVale on and off for short bursts since it came out. I had to start over once, but I was only level 20 at that point so no big loss. I think my park is level 30 or 40 or something now, but I haven't played it in over a year so I don't know for certain. I had a ton of the rare dragons before they added mechanisms to make them more common (ex. Wishing Well, festival re-releases) and my favorite dragon overall was probably the Herald Dragon. The Light/Dark Rift dragon redesigns made me really mad because they looked better in their original appearance, but that's just my opinion. Also, since I went through a Wings of Fire phase smack-dab in the middle of my DragonVale phase, 90% of my dragons were named after various characters in WoF and my WoF OCs.
I've played DragonVale on and off for short bursts since it came out. I had to start over once, but I was only level 20 at that point so no big loss. I think my park is level 30 or 40 or something now, but I haven't played it in over a year so I don't know for certain. I had a ton of the rare dragons before they added mechanisms to make them more common (ex. Wishing Well, festival re-releases) and my favorite dragon overall was probably the Herald Dragon. The Light/Dark Rift dragon redesigns made me really mad because they looked better in their original appearance, but that's just my opinion. Also, since I went through a Wings of Fire phase smack-dab in the middle of my DragonVale phase, 90% of my dragons were named after various characters in WoF and my WoF OCs.
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
@Ventoux

I totally agree, DV is definitely one of the best mobile games out there! Sometimes I just get burnt out from all the new stuff, but I know I'll come back to it eventually. I could never leave it completely. I've had the exact same park for almost 7 years now, there is no way I could abandon it forever.

And yeah the evolving stuff also rubbed me the wrong way, it's not horrible but it's not the best decision they've ever made lol.
@Ventoux

I totally agree, DV is definitely one of the best mobile games out there! Sometimes I just get burnt out from all the new stuff, but I know I'll come back to it eventually. I could never leave it completely. I've had the exact same park for almost 7 years now, there is no way I could abandon it forever.

And yeah the evolving stuff also rubbed me the wrong way, it's not horrible but it's not the best decision they've ever made lol.
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
[font=Comic Sans MS]@Meqathi Haven't play Dragon City at all,seen only friend playing it once so can't compare how it looks like. @Knoxxi I have the Money god also,but have to say it's not worth too much as it takes like 1000 of those potion(?) things to activate once you get it.The best combo though is (when you have those 1000 potion things) to collect it all manually then use Kairos power and use the Money god's power @wetdog15 To be honest I wasn't in DV when they changed appearance of Light/Dark Rift but I understand why you don't like the new wing designs as I've seen the original one.If I had to choose favourite breed,probably would say Glimmerwings,I like how they move,how they look and their sounds.They're cute and elegant at the same time. But I have to say that Herald dragons are nice looking too. And don't worry about the names,I have to make a small confession that I have an Equinox dragon named [i]Struggle[/i],just because I was mad that I can't breed even one Equinox,but in the fanfiction it's because her parents couldn't give her any "alternative name" and because she's a fighter. @EWSpirit I understand the situation,as I also check back like once or twice in a week when I think about it. You can't say you have exactly the same park for 7 years as it surely changed since then,I mean,it has surely more islands,habitats,dragons...[emoji=coatl winking size=1] But to be honest,the thing I don't like the most in the evolving thing is [i]randomization of the pieces[/i].It's like "Come on,for what I need 5 blue flames".And when those come back,they're 50 gems [i]each[/i].Fortunately they didn't copy the Corrupticorn's mistake and since that November event even those to evolve are to buy purely for event currency. [/font]
@Meqathi
Haven't play Dragon City at all,seen only friend playing it once so can't compare how it looks like.

@Knoxxi
I have the Money god also,but have to say it's not worth too much as it takes like 1000 of those potion(?) things to activate once you get it.The best combo though is (when you have those 1000 potion things) to collect it all manually then use Kairos power and use the Money god's power

@wetdog15
To be honest I wasn't in DV when they changed appearance of Light/Dark Rift but I understand why you don't like the new wing designs as I've seen the original one.If I had to choose favourite breed,probably would say Glimmerwings,I like how they move,how they look and their sounds.They're cute and elegant at the same time.
But I have to say that Herald dragons are nice looking too.
And don't worry about the names,I have to make a small confession that I have an Equinox dragon named Struggle,just because I was mad that I can't breed even one Equinox,but in the fanfiction it's because her parents couldn't give her any "alternative name" and because she's a fighter.

@EWSpirit
I understand the situation,as I also check back like once or twice in a week when I think about it.
You can't say you have exactly the same park for 7 years as it surely changed since then,I mean,it has surely more islands,habitats,dragons...
But to be honest,the thing I don't like the most in the evolving thing is randomization of the pieces.It's like "Come on,for what I need 5 blue flames".And when those come back,they're 50 gems each.Fortunately they didn't copy the Corrupticorn's mistake and since that November event even those to evolve are to buy purely for event currency.
W6LdAlV.gif
@Ventoux
Yeah, don't get me wrong, Rift wings are cool and all, I just prefer the older starry model.
Ooh, I just looked Glimmerwings up and they do look really cool. The name sounded like a Chrysalis type at first, but they definitely fit the Galaxy element better!
Haha, Struggle the Equinox dragon, that's wonderful. The worst name that I've ever given a dragon would have to be "Ouch" the Cactus dragon on my first park (I... was not good with names), followed closely by "Oof" the Cactus dragon on my current park (who was later renamed to Spike).
@Ventoux
Yeah, don't get me wrong, Rift wings are cool and all, I just prefer the older starry model.
Ooh, I just looked Glimmerwings up and they do look really cool. The name sounded like a Chrysalis type at first, but they definitely fit the Galaxy element better!
Haha, Struggle the Equinox dragon, that's wonderful. The worst name that I've ever given a dragon would have to be "Ouch" the Cactus dragon on my first park (I... was not good with names), followed closely by "Oof" the Cactus dragon on my current park (who was later renamed to Spike).
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
@wetdog15
I think they changed the wings to match the other dragons from the Rift Primals collection.
Yeah,some even say that it should have been Chrysalis/Galaxy hybrid or even a Rainbow type,but the names of those new Chrysalis dragons (and Glimmerwing,of course) in my opinion have proven that having a -wing in name doesn't mean it's a Chrysalis dragon.
"Ouch",what a perfect name for a Cactus dragon,it surely fitted that dragon.But to be honest I have most dragons named by randomizer when they hatch,maybe except a few ones like mentioned Struggle or my one and only but pampered* Glimmerwing named Thibaut,mostly they're renamed when I need them to appear in my fanfiction book somewhere.

*because no dragon other than him has lvl 20 so far xD
@wetdog15
I think they changed the wings to match the other dragons from the Rift Primals collection.
Yeah,some even say that it should have been Chrysalis/Galaxy hybrid or even a Rainbow type,but the names of those new Chrysalis dragons (and Glimmerwing,of course) in my opinion have proven that having a -wing in name doesn't mean it's a Chrysalis dragon.
"Ouch",what a perfect name for a Cactus dragon,it surely fitted that dragon.But to be honest I have most dragons named by randomizer when they hatch,maybe except a few ones like mentioned Struggle or my one and only but pampered* Glimmerwing named Thibaut,mostly they're renamed when I need them to appear in my fanfiction book somewhere.

*because no dragon other than him has lvl 20 so far xD
W6LdAlV.gif
I play! I'm level 30, but my park is a mess haha
I have a ton of the rare dragons in the game and I even have a complete collection of all the rainbow dragons
I play! I'm level 30, but my park is a mess haha
I have a ton of the rare dragons in the game and I even have a complete collection of all the rainbow dragons
fLdYOuE.pngNl7xQPH.png
kCHWEjf.png
QUIpVFE.png
Jd88XNq.png
J7D1quC.png
xYQkuHQ.png
@NovaBlu
Then you haven't seen mine park,mine is a mess,it's mostly like random habitats and decorations thrown on everywhere :")
Huh,congratulations on completing the Rainbow collection,because I have an almost completed Rainbow collection,can't get the Corrupticorn but probably get it once with a wish.I like seeing that gold though,I have it on Gemstone Spring/Winter and Mythic/Legendary but those aren't too hard as they have only up to 4 dragons in category.And I had completed Water collection once,but then Drifter dragon happened and have 34/35 now :")

@NovaBlu
Then you haven't seen mine park,mine is a mess,it's mostly like random habitats and decorations thrown on everywhere :")
Huh,congratulations on completing the Rainbow collection,because I have an almost completed Rainbow collection,can't get the Corrupticorn but probably get it once with a wish.I like seeing that gold though,I have it on Gemstone Spring/Winter and Mythic/Legendary but those aren't too hard as they have only up to 4 dragons in category.And I had completed Water collection once,but then Drifter dragon happened and have 34/35 now :")

W6LdAlV.gif
@Ventoux

Lol what I meant was I haven't lost any progress for 7 years, it's been the same park but of course with the dragons and habitats and islands changing with time. I personally haven't opened the app for a while now, it'll likely disappoint me with how much I've missed since I stopped playing it last.

One day I'll find the motivation to do it but I can't see that happening unless they add a reeeeally cool new feature or something to bring me back.

Only time will tell I guess!
@Ventoux

Lol what I meant was I haven't lost any progress for 7 years, it's been the same park but of course with the dragons and habitats and islands changing with time. I personally haven't opened the app for a while now, it'll likely disappoint me with how much I've missed since I stopped playing it last.

One day I'll find the motivation to do it but I can't see that happening unless they add a reeeeally cool new feature or something to bring me back.

Only time will tell I guess!
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
I play DragonVale on my phone, though I usually play it every day just to receive my daily rewards and collect gold/etherium.
I play DragonVale on my phone, though I usually play it every day just to receive my daily rewards and collect gold/etherium.
DraconicMusic | Female (she/they) | 20 | xOvakhZ.png Aegosexual Aromantic F8WMfQz.png | Dragon and robot enthusiast | Autistic | Hyperfixated on Mega Man
I used to play it but quickly ducked out. I just play Dragon City now (because I absolutely LOVE the Heroic Races and the fact that there's an event every single day)
I used to play it but quickly ducked out. I just play Dragon City now (because I absolutely LOVE the Heroic Races and the fact that there's an event every single day)
1 2 3 4 5