Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unpopular Opinions:Pokemon edition
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
Greninja is an uglymon
Greninja is an uglymon
kEygMJz.png
[quote name="Pastie" date="2019-06-02 20:31:58" ]Generation 1, even with all of it's remakes, isn't interesting enough plotwise to keep playing. [/quote] I agree with this tbh. I also didn’t find the plot of gen 2 that great but I enjoyed the gym leaders, rivals and making my Pokemon grow all the same.
Pastie wrote on 2019-06-02 20:31:58:
Generation 1, even with all of it's remakes, isn't interesting enough plotwise to keep playing.

I agree with this tbh. I also didn’t find the plot of gen 2 that great but I enjoyed the gym leaders, rivals and making my Pokemon grow all the same.
2387888.png2387695.png2434632.png
gen 5 best gen and weird object-mons like trubbish and vanilluxe are fantastic

all pokemon are good but... I'm not a fan of gallade. lucario is kinda overrated as well imo

idk how unpopular this is but? gen 6 is the only gen where I just can't get into any of the starters. I guess if forced I'd pick greninja but none of em are appealing in the slightest to me

incineroar is good y'all are just mean

dunno how unpopular this is but I don't really care about the NPCs... gym leaders and villain teams are always fun but stuff with your rival/friends is kinda... eh to me. It was more enjoyable in sun/moon but cheren and bianca in B/W and serena/calem and shauna, trevor, and tierno in X/Y got annoying pretty quickly. imo just one 'mean' rival like Blue and Silver is more fun
gen 5 best gen and weird object-mons like trubbish and vanilluxe are fantastic

all pokemon are good but... I'm not a fan of gallade. lucario is kinda overrated as well imo

idk how unpopular this is but? gen 6 is the only gen where I just can't get into any of the starters. I guess if forced I'd pick greninja but none of em are appealing in the slightest to me

incineroar is good y'all are just mean

dunno how unpopular this is but I don't really care about the NPCs... gym leaders and villain teams are always fun but stuff with your rival/friends is kinda... eh to me. It was more enjoyable in sun/moon but cheren and bianca in B/W and serena/calem and shauna, trevor, and tierno in X/Y got annoying pretty quickly. imo just one 'mean' rival like Blue and Silver is more fun
wpEE9mo.png
[quote name="Astrophile" date="2019-06-02 12:03:27" ] -gen 5 is fantastic -mega evolution is so much more interesting than z moves -ash greninja is.... strange -metronome is fun -zygarde cores and cells were confusing and 100% zygarde is rly ugly -pokémon refresh is great -incineroar is great please stop bullying him [/quote] I can't agree enough with this! - gen 1 is extremely overrated and too boring to play - i'm unsure whether this is an unpopular opinion or a mixed one, but Detective Pikachu was a good movie edit; - pokemon Sun/Moon wasn't good, the cutscenes should of been skip-able and shorter, the story was minimal quality
Astrophile wrote on 2019-06-02 12:03:27:
-gen 5 is fantastic
-mega evolution is so much more interesting than z moves
-ash greninja is.... strange
-metronome is fun
-zygarde cores and cells were confusing and 100% zygarde is rly ugly
-pokémon refresh is great
-incineroar is great please stop bullying him
I can't agree enough with this!

- gen 1 is extremely overrated and too boring to play
- i'm unsure whether this is an unpopular opinion or a mixed one, but Detective Pikachu was a good movie
edit; - pokemon Sun/Moon wasn't good, the cutscenes should of been skip-able and shorter, the story was minimal quality
@HopeBagels from what I've gathered, a lot of people seem to like Detective Pikachu, myself included. I totally understand why it might not to be everyone's taste. The only problem I have with it is the lack of Pokemon variety so I couldn't spend the whole film pointing all of them out and saying "That's my favourite!" ahaha
@HopeBagels from what I've gathered, a lot of people seem to like Detective Pikachu, myself included. I totally understand why it might not to be everyone's taste. The only problem I have with it is the lack of Pokemon variety so I couldn't spend the whole film pointing all of them out and saying "That's my favourite!" ahaha
2387888.png2387695.png2434632.png
gen 5 is the best
gen 5 is the best
3D pokemon games aren’t quite as fun as the 2D ones, and BW/BW2 was the peak of the series
3D pokemon games aren’t quite as fun as the 2D ones, and BW/BW2 was the peak of the series
* she/he genderfluid mxk5Q9c.png
* chaotic force of nature
* MY ART SHOP: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3138371
* fandoms: kirby, one punch, my hero academia, drawn to life, pokemon, steven universe, wander over yonder, gravity falls, transformers, bendy and the ink machine, portal, invader zim, sonic the hedgehog
I'll just pluck a few out of my head
  • Charizard, Sceptile, Greninja and Decidueye, while cool and very good in competitive if used right, are just overrated
  • As some others said already, Trubbish, Vanillite line, Klink and the more underrated 'mons (mostly from gen 5) are great and deserve to be loved, everyone's just hating their design while I see nothing wrong with it at all
  • Ash Greninja just looks weird
  • Zoroark is 10/10 screw all the cursed pics you can't change my mind
  • Zygarde 10% form, while not as cool or amazing as 50%, is actually quite cute
  • I almost never used any Z stones unless I have nothing else to put on a pokemon. I see how they can be useful but really, I'll just slap a mega stone instead if the pokemon can mega evolve
I'll just pluck a few out of my head
  • Charizard, Sceptile, Greninja and Decidueye, while cool and very good in competitive if used right, are just overrated
  • As some others said already, Trubbish, Vanillite line, Klink and the more underrated 'mons (mostly from gen 5) are great and deserve to be loved, everyone's just hating their design while I see nothing wrong with it at all
  • Ash Greninja just looks weird
  • Zoroark is 10/10 screw all the cursed pics you can't change my mind
  • Zygarde 10% form, while not as cool or amazing as 50%, is actually quite cute
  • I almost never used any Z stones unless I have nothing else to put on a pokemon. I see how they can be useful but really, I'll just slap a mega stone instead if the pokemon can mega evolve
C8eEWc5.gif
[quote name="ryepuff" date="2019-06-03 02:08:01" ] [quote name="Pastie" date="2019-06-02 20:31:58" ]Generation 1, even with all of it's remakes, isn't interesting enough plotwise to keep playing. [/quote] I agree with this tbh. I also didn’t find the plot of gen 2 that great but I enjoyed the gym leaders, rivals and making my Pokemon grow all the same. [/quote] It's true, Kanto's really more about the gameplay than plot (and in the originals the gameplay is pretty simplistic, but you can't fault Game Freak for that one as it's the first game and it was quite groundbreaking). So was GSC even though they folded in a little more. Gen 3 is when the big plotlines started. I wouldn't call that unplayable, but then again NES games usually have about the same level of plot in RPGs and I'm okay with that. Sometimes the drive is to get better rather than some big quest, and it's fun.
ryepuff wrote on 2019-06-03 02:08:01:
Pastie wrote on 2019-06-02 20:31:58:
Generation 1, even with all of it's remakes, isn't interesting enough plotwise to keep playing.

I agree with this tbh. I also didn’t find the plot of gen 2 that great but I enjoyed the gym leaders, rivals and making my Pokemon grow all the same.
It's true, Kanto's really more about the gameplay than plot (and in the originals the gameplay is pretty simplistic, but you can't fault Game Freak for that one as it's the first game and it was quite groundbreaking). So was GSC even though they folded in a little more. Gen 3 is when the big plotlines started.

I wouldn't call that unplayable, but then again NES games usually have about the same level of plot in RPGs and I'm okay with that. Sometimes the drive is to get better rather than some big quest, and it's fun.
My writing project.
The pokemon stories suck. There needs to be an option to play the game over with minimal stories and no boring, unskippable cutscenes.
The pokemon stories suck. There needs to be an option to play the game over with minimal stories and no boring, unskippable cutscenes.
QqwiU1r.png
the
price
you pay
QqwiU1r.png QqwiU1r.png jJO64nG.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22