Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unpopular Opinions:Pokemon edition
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
[quote name="DemiFiend" date="2019-07-12 15:52:34" ] They never should have given charizard more attention than the others [/quote] Cyndaquill is the best fire starter. Change my mind. Also one of the prettiest shinies imao, it fits the Pokemon better than the regular version does
DemiFiend wrote on 2019-07-12 15:52:34:
They never should have given charizard more attention than the others

Cyndaquill is the best fire starter. Change my mind.
Also one of the prettiest shinies imao, it fits the Pokemon better than the regular version does
MZeTqmO.png

he/him
Okay let's go

-Definitely nostalgia here but I love both the original Archie/Maxie and the ORAS redesigns.

-Team Aqua is the best team, this is the hill I will die on.

-Object Pokemon (Magnamite, Trubbish, Klefki, etc) are great.

-Pokemon Pinball R/S has really nice sprites and it's fun to play, especially casually.

-Playing through the games with an HM slave isn't as fun.

-Competitive Pokemon is only fun if you play as Pokemon no one expects/Pokemon in a lower tier. All my team on Pokemon Showdown with the exception of Serperior is considered "UU" and I love beating people with it.

-I love the new story lines Pokemon is doing, especially involving dimension stuff, but I really wish they'd do more with it.

-I also wish Pokemon games would let you do things away from the story during the main game. It's fun to explore rather than being handheld through every event.

-I don't really mind that they're getting rid of the national dex and I'm saying this as someone who loves more obscure Pokemon.

-Contests/Pokeathlon/Musicals/Etc are fun and I'd love to see something like them in 3D.

-There are no bad Pokemon y'all are just mean.

-{Max}
Okay let's go

-Definitely nostalgia here but I love both the original Archie/Maxie and the ORAS redesigns.

-Team Aqua is the best team, this is the hill I will die on.

-Object Pokemon (Magnamite, Trubbish, Klefki, etc) are great.

-Pokemon Pinball R/S has really nice sprites and it's fun to play, especially casually.

-Playing through the games with an HM slave isn't as fun.

-Competitive Pokemon is only fun if you play as Pokemon no one expects/Pokemon in a lower tier. All my team on Pokemon Showdown with the exception of Serperior is considered "UU" and I love beating people with it.

-I love the new story lines Pokemon is doing, especially involving dimension stuff, but I really wish they'd do more with it.

-I also wish Pokemon games would let you do things away from the story during the main game. It's fun to explore rather than being handheld through every event.

-I don't really mind that they're getting rid of the national dex and I'm saying this as someone who loves more obscure Pokemon.

-Contests/Pokeathlon/Musicals/Etc are fun and I'd love to see something like them in 3D.

-There are no bad Pokemon y'all are just mean.

-{Max}
sorry every time I waltz into this thread I have a ton of opinions to say lmao [LIST] [*]I loved the Ride Pager mechanic in SuMo/USUM, because it eliminated the need for an "HM slave" pokemon that you dragged with you even to bigger fights because said fights took place after an HM obstacle. I'm 95% sure that SwSh won't have the RP though. [*]Rivals healing your pokemon before fights is amazing and idc if people think that makes it "easier," I absolutely welcome not constantly feeling stressed to keep my pokemon at 100% health when exploring. [*]I actually don't mind the EXP share affecting the whole team, since it's made it considerably easier for me to level my team up together (and not just have one pokemon pull ahead of the others simply because it's higher level), but my preference would be to allow you to also give it to a pokemon instead to level just the one, since sometimes I really don't want to level ALL my pokemon up, but I can't send the one I want to train into battle because the pokemon I'm going to send in after will take more damage than I want, instead of basically glass-cannoning enemies. [*]If they're going to give us 3DS/2DS graphics then they should release the game on the 3DS/2DS. You can't have the Switch's flagship games include BotW and then give us a game with the graphics from 2011 in 2019. If you're going to utilize the higher specs of the Switch AND exclude a TON of pokemon (nat dex) for the sake of developer ease and to better run the game you're trying to make, then you have to actually, yaknow, give us something worthy of the console its on. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, but I probably won't be. [*]I completely understand and sympathize with the people who want the full national dex in SwSh, esp since I'm sure there are pokemon I'm gonna wish I could bring with me to the new games, but also, I felt a lot more like completing the regional dex in B/W before it opened up to the next dex, and with so many pokemon in the nat dex these days, I actually welcome the smaller, restricted dex, so I can maybe finally complete a dex (which is the original goal, right? gotta catch em all?). Plus I like using new pokemon in my new games. Forces me to rethink strategy and learn new stuff, vs falling back into old habits because I know how X pokemon works, and how Y and Z pokemon cover its weaknesses [*]I'm waiting until past release of SwSh to see how the graphics improve (if at all), and what pokemon are on which game, so I know which I want to buy (since I'm indifferent to the different dogs), even though I want to play right away so I can get my bby sobble [*]My spiciest take [emoji=torch size=1][emoji=torch size=1][emoji=torch size=1][emoji=torch size=1]: I would prefer they get rid of fighting gimmicks like mega evolution, z-moves, and dynamaxing (the sole exception being mega evolution for lesser-used and less-appreciated pokemon) and instead focused on a more interesting story, more interesting pokemon designs, better story navigation (aka what you do to progress the story between "gyms" or sequential fights), or hell, even flipping the "Elite 4" mechanic upside down and doing a similar thing but not in the form of an "elite 4". Basically, I want more interesting game mechanics that can either be replicated with each new installment, or I want it to be a feature/mechanic that is fine existing within one generation/game without feeling like excluding it later would be doing players a disservice. Example of the latter: totem pokemon instead of gyms. Most people are fine with it just being in Alola, but it was a good shake up from the gyms we've had for 7 generations. [*]Although there are lots of good reasons not to do this, could you imagine if a pokemon game had some divergent gameplay, where, while you would continue to play the same story line, certain scenes would happen if you were on one path, and not on others? I understand that with only one save file, that would be difficult to do, especially as the games get more expensive, but still, I think it would shake up the story formula in a good way. [/LIST]
sorry every time I waltz into this thread I have a ton of opinions to say lmao
  • I loved the Ride Pager mechanic in SuMo/USUM, because it eliminated the need for an "HM slave" pokemon that you dragged with you even to bigger fights because said fights took place after an HM obstacle. I'm 95% sure that SwSh won't have the RP though.
  • Rivals healing your pokemon before fights is amazing and idc if people think that makes it "easier," I absolutely welcome not constantly feeling stressed to keep my pokemon at 100% health when exploring.
  • I actually don't mind the EXP share affecting the whole team, since it's made it considerably easier for me to level my team up together (and not just have one pokemon pull ahead of the others simply because it's higher level), but my preference would be to allow you to also give it to a pokemon instead to level just the one, since sometimes I really don't want to level ALL my pokemon up, but I can't send the one I want to train into battle because the pokemon I'm going to send in after will take more damage than I want, instead of basically glass-cannoning enemies.
  • If they're going to give us 3DS/2DS graphics then they should release the game on the 3DS/2DS. You can't have the Switch's flagship games include BotW and then give us a game with the graphics from 2011 in 2019. If you're going to utilize the higher specs of the Switch AND exclude a TON of pokemon (nat dex) for the sake of developer ease and to better run the game you're trying to make, then you have to actually, yaknow, give us something worthy of the console its on. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, but I probably won't be.
  • I completely understand and sympathize with the people who want the full national dex in SwSh, esp since I'm sure there are pokemon I'm gonna wish I could bring with me to the new games, but also, I felt a lot more like completing the regional dex in B/W before it opened up to the next dex, and with so many pokemon in the nat dex these days, I actually welcome the smaller, restricted dex, so I can maybe finally complete a dex (which is the original goal, right? gotta catch em all?). Plus I like using new pokemon in my new games. Forces me to rethink strategy and learn new stuff, vs falling back into old habits because I know how X pokemon works, and how Y and Z pokemon cover its weaknesses
  • I'm waiting until past release of SwSh to see how the graphics improve (if at all), and what pokemon are on which game, so I know which I want to buy (since I'm indifferent to the different dogs), even though I want to play right away so I can get my bby sobble
  • My spiciest take : I would prefer they get rid of fighting gimmicks like mega evolution, z-moves, and dynamaxing (the sole exception being mega evolution for lesser-used and less-appreciated pokemon) and instead focused on a more interesting story, more interesting pokemon designs, better story navigation (aka what you do to progress the story between "gyms" or sequential fights), or hell, even flipping the "Elite 4" mechanic upside down and doing a similar thing but not in the form of an "elite 4". Basically, I want more interesting game mechanics that can either be replicated with each new installment, or I want it to be a feature/mechanic that is fine existing within one generation/game without feeling like excluding it later would be doing players a disservice. Example of the latter: totem pokemon instead of gyms. Most people are fine with it just being in Alola, but it was a good shake up from the gyms we've had for 7 generations.
  • Although there are lots of good reasons not to do this, could you imagine if a pokemon game had some divergent gameplay, where, while you would continue to play the same story line, certain scenes would happen if you were on one path, and not on others? I understand that with only one save file, that would be difficult to do, especially as the games get more expensive, but still, I think it would shake up the story formula in a good way.
lightningshieldl.png ePOliyb.png
Oo1lWlZ.png
QQYyU47.png
gYW0j5f.png
FObX7rS.png
rix3ppo.png
Zeke/KitKat
lightninganim3.gif
6KQB58c.png
G5AOhhN.png
cTFAUOc.png
oaolHwW.png
1AKTlm5.png
qFgWn8o.png
GFMPnvG.png
lightningshieldr.png
Shiny mega Lati@s are the most disgusting things I've ever seen but their base forms are some of my favorite shinies.
Competitive pokemon is really fun, why do people hate it? There's this assumption that there are only like 10 good pokemon in a singe tier, but there are a lot of viable pokemon in each tier, you just need to know how to use them!
Shiny mega Lati@s are the most disgusting things I've ever seen but their base forms are some of my favorite shinies.
Competitive pokemon is really fun, why do people hate it? There's this assumption that there are only like 10 good pokemon in a singe tier, but there are a lot of viable pokemon in each tier, you just need to know how to use them!
Who can take tomorrow, dip it in a dream, separate the sorrow and collect up all the cream?

The candyman can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good.

gen 5 is the best gen, sword and shield looks pretty good; especially the graphics.

EDIT: also mienshao is the best fighting type
gen 5 is the best gen, sword and shield looks pretty good; especially the graphics.

EDIT: also mienshao is the best fighting type
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22