Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unpopular Opinions:Pokemon edition
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
Sinnoh's mythology is just mythology, no legitimate correlation to anything.
Arceus is not a god/creator of the universe, mythology just believes him to be one.
The UNOWN actually made Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina by feeding off the wishes of the universe.
The new Pokémon games are way better than the old.
The cell thing ruined Zygarde. I don't want a dog or a transformer, I want a snake!
Yveltal isn't evil incarnate.
A heck a lot more, I ain't popular.

EDIT: Genesect Mewtwo is actually interesting and likable.
Sinnoh's mythology is just mythology, no legitimate correlation to anything.
Arceus is not a god/creator of the universe, mythology just believes him to be one.
The UNOWN actually made Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina by feeding off the wishes of the universe.
The new Pokémon games are way better than the old.
The cell thing ruined Zygarde. I don't want a dog or a transformer, I want a snake!
Yveltal isn't evil incarnate.
A heck a lot more, I ain't popular.

EDIT: Genesect Mewtwo is actually interesting and likable.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Gen 5 games are really good, probably the best in the series. BW/B2W2 took time and effort into crafting a plot, developed its characters well, and doesn't deserve the flack it gets for "lazy" pokemon designs like Trubbish or Vanilluxe. Pokemon designs have always been like this, check out Muk or Seel.

I'm disappointed in X/Y because it showed potential in certain parts (AZ's story, the fireworks scene, the end credits song), but never fleshed these ideas out to their full potential. If the many characters such as your "rivals" were more interesting, I would care more about the game. The only one I can remember is Shauna because of the fireworks scene, everyone else is bland and boring with only one personality trait. The best thing to come out of X/Y was Mega Evolutions.

Metronome is fun due to its sheer unpredictability. Yes, there's a chance of getting non-damaging moves, but most non-damaging moves will end up helping you in the long run by giving you raised stats, healing, or setting up stage hazards for the opponent. I love watching Metronome-only battles simply because of how wild they can get.

Charizard is overrated. I still love Charizard, don't get me wrong, but still. I mean, it got TWO mega evolutions!

Cosplay Pikachu was a cute idea and I hate to see it getting the bottom of the barrel. They were at least more unique than the Ash-hat Pikachus, who just have the anime movesets and wear a hat.

edit: incineroar, delphox, and primarina are good starter designs you guys are just meanies
Gen 5 games are really good, probably the best in the series. BW/B2W2 took time and effort into crafting a plot, developed its characters well, and doesn't deserve the flack it gets for "lazy" pokemon designs like Trubbish or Vanilluxe. Pokemon designs have always been like this, check out Muk or Seel.

I'm disappointed in X/Y because it showed potential in certain parts (AZ's story, the fireworks scene, the end credits song), but never fleshed these ideas out to their full potential. If the many characters such as your "rivals" were more interesting, I would care more about the game. The only one I can remember is Shauna because of the fireworks scene, everyone else is bland and boring with only one personality trait. The best thing to come out of X/Y was Mega Evolutions.

Metronome is fun due to its sheer unpredictability. Yes, there's a chance of getting non-damaging moves, but most non-damaging moves will end up helping you in the long run by giving you raised stats, healing, or setting up stage hazards for the opponent. I love watching Metronome-only battles simply because of how wild they can get.

Charizard is overrated. I still love Charizard, don't get me wrong, but still. I mean, it got TWO mega evolutions!

Cosplay Pikachu was a cute idea and I hate to see it getting the bottom of the barrel. They were at least more unique than the Ash-hat Pikachus, who just have the anime movesets and wear a hat.

edit: incineroar, delphox, and primarina are good starter designs you guys are just meanies
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
Weedle is thy most powerful god
Weedle is thy most powerful god
4WmwDza.png Call me Ash! (she/her)
+2 FR time
Don’t be scared to talk to me! I love meeting new people!
I hate sun and moon especially the anime it is the worst Pokémon anime I've seen the black and white anime is at least engaging but sun and moon is just so boring and bland why did they make it so much more kidy I loved the X Y and Z anime why did they change it so much wen they found out what works in a Pokémon anime
I hate sun and moon especially the anime it is the worst Pokémon anime I've seen the black and white anime is at least engaging but sun and moon is just so boring and bland why did they make it so much more kidy I loved the X Y and Z anime why did they change it so much wen they found out what works in a Pokémon anime
- vanillish is... a good pokemon, okay, quit yelling at him
- the pokemon musical from b/w was cute and i totally support the idea of bringing it back
- x/y had generally bad starters? their designs are just extremely unappealing past their first stages
- pokemon ranger is a really good game, actually
- z moves are. not very useful at all. mega evolution is so much better
- I'm not a big fan of decidueye's design. at all.
- vanillish is... a good pokemon, okay, quit yelling at him
- the pokemon musical from b/w was cute and i totally support the idea of bringing it back
- x/y had generally bad starters? their designs are just extremely unappealing past their first stages
- pokemon ranger is a really good game, actually
- z moves are. not very useful at all. mega evolution is so much better
- I'm not a big fan of decidueye's design. at all.
Unova is my favorite region.
Black and White 2 are the best follow up games; I wish they did something like this for Ultra Sun and Moon.
I do not like Greninja and hate Ash Greninja. Personally think that Ash Greninja is stupid but then again I don't like Ash either. The tongue really puts me off. I just don't like it. I really wish it kept its bubble scarf.
Unova is my favorite region.
Black and White 2 are the best follow up games; I wish they did something like this for Ultra Sun and Moon.
I do not like Greninja and hate Ash Greninja. Personally think that Ash Greninja is stupid but then again I don't like Ash either. The tongue really puts me off. I just don't like it. I really wish it kept its bubble scarf.
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
-gen 5 is fantastic
-mega evolution is so much more interesting than z moves
-ash greninja is.... strange
-metronome is fun
-zygarde cores and cells were confusing and 100% zygarde is rly ugly
-pokémon refresh is great
-incineroar is great please stop bullying him
-gen 5 is fantastic
-mega evolution is so much more interesting than z moves
-ash greninja is.... strange
-metronome is fun
-zygarde cores and cells were confusing and 100% zygarde is rly ugly
-pokémon refresh is great
-incineroar is great please stop bullying him
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
Breeding for competitive IVs is ridiculous.

Collecting shinies is a waste of your life.

Pokemon GO is kinda lame.

Alola's trials were kinda dumb and I hope Sword/Shield goes back to having gyms.

Gen 2 was the best gen and no one can convince me otherwise. <3
Breeding for competitive IVs is ridiculous.

Collecting shinies is a waste of your life.

Pokemon GO is kinda lame.

Alola's trials were kinda dumb and I hope Sword/Shield goes back to having gyms.

Gen 2 was the best gen and no one can convince me otherwise. <3
w8o0xW1.png springcleanrafflebutton.png iiILKcw.png
@Kitanya @ArcticEira Rejoice, for it was confirmed that S&S is going to bring back gyms.

*Cracks knuckles*

-Pokemon based on inanimate objects are not inherently "lazy" or "stupid" designs
-From the middle of gen 5 on, there has been too much gen 1 pandering.
-Gen 1 pokemon are not better than other generations
-Ash's pikachu should evolve into a raichu because raichu needs more love
-The let's go games are not proper pokemon games and no one can convince me otherwise
-Z moves are cool, but gen 7 should have introduced some new mega evolutions or at the very least made mega stones more accessible.
-All the starters are cool. Except for tepig.
@Kitanya @ArcticEira Rejoice, for it was confirmed that S&S is going to bring back gyms.

*Cracks knuckles*

-Pokemon based on inanimate objects are not inherently "lazy" or "stupid" designs
-From the middle of gen 5 on, there has been too much gen 1 pandering.
-Gen 1 pokemon are not better than other generations
-Ash's pikachu should evolve into a raichu because raichu needs more love
-The let's go games are not proper pokemon games and no one can convince me otherwise
-Z moves are cool, but gen 7 should have introduced some new mega evolutions or at the very least made mega stones more accessible.
-All the starters are cool. Except for tepig.
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
Garbodor isn't a bad Pokemon by any stretch of the word. As much as it is tempting to call them "garbage".
Garbodor isn't a bad Pokemon by any stretch of the word. As much as it is tempting to call them "garbage".
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22