Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | what book genre are you a nerd for?
1 2 3 4 5
Manga?
Manga?
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
Books with non-human POVs, especially with fantasy elements; Warriors and GoGH got me into it way back when, but better (IMO) examples include Watership Down, The Book of the Named, The Summer King Chronicles, and (still reading the first book of this one) the Books of the Raksura. It’s hard to find quality examples, since due to Warriors’ influence most of them are for kids. But when I do? Give me all the escapism from the human world.
Books with non-human POVs, especially with fantasy elements; Warriors and GoGH got me into it way back when, but better (IMO) examples include Watership Down, The Book of the Named, The Summer King Chronicles, and (still reading the first book of this one) the Books of the Raksura. It’s hard to find quality examples, since due to Warriors’ influence most of them are for kids. But when I do? Give me all the escapism from the human world.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
I go ape over like any book genre except maybe romance.

Personally, I adore weird books, such as Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer and Out of The Silent Planet by C. S Lewis. Anything really weird/out there grabs my interest. My favorite genres are probably horror/scifi/fantasy. I read quite a lot of historical fiction/biographies as well, such as All Over But The Shout'n by Rick Bragg and Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli, or Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis.

I go ape over like any book genre except maybe romance.

Personally, I adore weird books, such as Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer and Out of The Silent Planet by C. S Lewis. Anything really weird/out there grabs my interest. My favorite genres are probably horror/scifi/fantasy. I read quite a lot of historical fiction/biographies as well, such as All Over But The Shout'n by Rick Bragg and Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli, or Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis.

Frankenstein3.jpg
Fantasy books where the magic isn't completely unexplainable. I want factors, variables! WHERE DOES I COME FROM!? You can't just wAVE A STICK AND YELL, "IGGLDEY PIGGLEDY," AND BEAT A DRAGON, EXPLAIIINNN!
Fantasy books where the magic isn't completely unexplainable. I want factors, variables! WHERE DOES I COME FROM!? You can't just wAVE A STICK AND YELL, "IGGLDEY PIGGLEDY," AND BEAT A DRAGON, EXPLAIIINNN!
Im back
other than horror and adult books (like really really adult), any book is fine. Unless it's a really bad book or it's shakespeare. i cannot stand the english
other than horror and adult books (like really really adult), any book is fine. Unless it's a really bad book or it's shakespeare. i cannot stand the english
mire hates me:(
FR +15, +16 during DST
She/Her
Gray Aroace
INTP
English 1st Language
Mandarin Chinese 2nd Language
French 3rd Language
AR60, 100% all released regions
It's... quite a disproportionate number
zia my beloved
I spent 2.4mil t on her, I think she counts
it hasn't been updated in a while but STILL
sweet holds the clan directory
kobi holds the lore directory
tumblr_p27o7vllRE1wvvm88o2_100.png
I love fantasy, magical realism, mythology, historical fiction, and sci-fi! Most stories that seem to stick with me are the ones that are more character focused and driven. I'll read those stories a thousand times and not get bored.
I love fantasy, magical realism, mythology, historical fiction, and sci-fi! Most stories that seem to stick with me are the ones that are more character focused and driven. I'll read those stories a thousand times and not get bored.
Waystone1.gif
Fantasy ones that you have to think through to understand. Like Artemis Fowl. It's REALLY hard to find books like that. But as long as there's an element of magic to it, but everything is explainable, it's good.
Fantasy ones that you have to think through to understand. Like Artemis Fowl. It's REALLY hard to find books like that. But as long as there's an element of magic to it, but everything is explainable, it's good.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
[quote name="PrehistoryMaker" date="2019-04-10 21:09:44" ] Books with non-human POVs, especially with fantasy elements; Warriors and GoGH got me into it way back when, but better (IMO) examples include Watership Down, The Book of the Named, The Summer King Chronicles, and (still reading the first book of this one) the Books of the Raksura. It’s hard to find quality examples, since due to Warriors’ influence most of them are for kids. But when I do? Give me all the escapism from the human world. [/quote] I second Xenofiction. And yep, there's too few quality works there.
PrehistoryMaker wrote on 2019-04-10 21:09:44:

I second Xenofiction. And yep, there's too few quality works there.
I used to read lots of Fantasy but now I live for Thriller and True Crime :3 I think it's super interesting! :D
I used to read lots of Fantasy but now I live for Thriller and True Crime :3 I think it's super interesting! :D
take a look at my skin shop pretty please? u.u
History, Thrillers, and Horror! :)
History, Thrillers, and Horror! :)
1 2 3 4 5