Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Music Suggestions?
1 2 3
I'm driving like a solid 9 hours in a week down to south carolina for spring break, and need some new tunes to listen to on my way down. unless its country, or like HARD core metal, ill probably be into it. i highly prefer alternative, some pop, and a lot of classic rock, but ill accept other genres! Blessings to you all, my friends. Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes!

(PS if you got that reference you are now my new best friend.)

Edit: I'm going on a 2 day 16 hour car drive, and would love more music! also taking a trip up to pennsylvania for a competition and a day at hershey park, so id like more music for that as well!
I'm driving like a solid 9 hours in a week down to south carolina for spring break, and need some new tunes to listen to on my way down. unless its country, or like HARD core metal, ill probably be into it. i highly prefer alternative, some pop, and a lot of classic rock, but ill accept other genres! Blessings to you all, my friends. Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes!

(PS if you got that reference you are now my new best friend.)

Edit: I'm going on a 2 day 16 hour car drive, and would love more music! also taking a trip up to pennsylvania for a competition and a day at hershey park, so id like more music for that as well!
@ItsLarreyyy Holy crap dude, I just drove all the way to Charleston (a five hour trip) for Spring Break! I feel your pain.

Musical Artists I personally suggest:
•SYML: A great indie artist. My favorite songs of his are The War, Fear of Water, and Body.
•Radiohead: You night already be familiar with this band but whatevs! Out of their songs, I love Reckoner and Exit Music (For A Film).
•Alison Krauss and Union Station: Okay okay okay, hear me out, they are bluegrass, a subgenre of country, but Krauss’ voice is utterly hynotizing. So much fun to listen to!
•The Knife: A bizarre band, but a great one. Favorite songs include Heartbeats, Silent Shout, and We Share Our Mother’s Health.
•Silversun Pickups: A lovely rock band with an awesome singer. I recommend ALL of their music but I’d start with Lazy Eye, Panic Switch, and The Royal We.

Hope this helps pass the time!
@ItsLarreyyy Holy crap dude, I just drove all the way to Charleston (a five hour trip) for Spring Break! I feel your pain.

Musical Artists I personally suggest:
•SYML: A great indie artist. My favorite songs of his are The War, Fear of Water, and Body.
•Radiohead: You night already be familiar with this band but whatevs! Out of their songs, I love Reckoner and Exit Music (For A Film).
•Alison Krauss and Union Station: Okay okay okay, hear me out, they are bluegrass, a subgenre of country, but Krauss’ voice is utterly hynotizing. So much fun to listen to!
•The Knife: A bizarre band, but a great one. Favorite songs include Heartbeats, Silent Shout, and We Share Our Mother’s Health.
•Silversun Pickups: A lovely rock band with an awesome singer. I recommend ALL of their music but I’d start with Lazy Eye, Panic Switch, and The Royal We.

Hope this helps pass the time!
shaymin-sky.gif
@ItsLarreyyy

• Wild Party - Indie pop, summer of 2010-feeling. I'm not the best at describing genres, honestly. Upbeat but not too fast. I really like Chasin' Honey and Outright, but that's mostly because I haven't had the chance to delve into the band yet.

• Tally Hall - Alternative rock, indie pop. Sounds like those guys you hear in the early 2000s. The songs are confusing. In a good way. Give it a listen! I suggest Ruler of Everything or Turn The Lights off first since they're the most rock styled, though a softer and more melancholic song would be Hidden in The Sand.

• half•alive - Pop and alternative rock. It's been compared to TØP before, though obviously there are differences. You've probably seen the song still feel.

• CRUISR - Pop band, really light and upbeat. Similar to Wild Party, though the lyrics are definitely different. The voice, too. Give it a listen, I'd suggest Throw Shade which is one of my favorite songs from that band.

•8 Graves - Apparently it's dance/electronic, though I'd think it's also a bit rock. A lot... Edgier than the other bands, though there's nothing wrong with that.

None of these bands are really out there and mainstream, but I hope you still enjoy them! I'm not the best at describing bands, just give their music a listen and you'll see that they're definitely better than how I described them ;-;
@ItsLarreyyy

• Wild Party - Indie pop, summer of 2010-feeling. I'm not the best at describing genres, honestly. Upbeat but not too fast. I really like Chasin' Honey and Outright, but that's mostly because I haven't had the chance to delve into the band yet.

• Tally Hall - Alternative rock, indie pop. Sounds like those guys you hear in the early 2000s. The songs are confusing. In a good way. Give it a listen! I suggest Ruler of Everything or Turn The Lights off first since they're the most rock styled, though a softer and more melancholic song would be Hidden in The Sand.

• half•alive - Pop and alternative rock. It's been compared to TØP before, though obviously there are differences. You've probably seen the song still feel.

• CRUISR - Pop band, really light and upbeat. Similar to Wild Party, though the lyrics are definitely different. The voice, too. Give it a listen, I'd suggest Throw Shade which is one of my favorite songs from that band.

•8 Graves - Apparently it's dance/electronic, though I'd think it's also a bit rock. A lot... Edgier than the other bands, though there's nothing wrong with that.

None of these bands are really out there and mainstream, but I hope you still enjoy them! I'm not the best at describing bands, just give their music a listen and you'll see that they're definitely better than how I described them ;-;
candle.gif
Neraida, FR +3
• Make sure to ping me, I don't subscribe to threads
• Feel free to PM me about anything
• On the lookout for Accent: Many Eyes Shadow

try caravan palace, it's really nice
try caravan palace, it's really nice
2947.png Hiro
| Brazil | FR +4
Sornieth's #2 Seeker Orb connoisseur & collector
-> please ping me!
4e8c4d35dbfc48545837857d8907144346ebb180.gif
f261d312d3350311525c3447854e87c7d0c3b5ec.gif
Ooooh! Caravan Palace is so good! But might I recommend Billie Eilish, Khalid, Pink and Panic! At The Disco's newest album? They're all very good
Ooooh! Caravan Palace is so good! But might I recommend Billie Eilish, Khalid, Pink and Panic! At The Disco's newest album? They're all very good
Lichtdrache.gif
Hope you might find some music you like among my lists!

SIAMES - The Wolf
SIAMES - Mr. FEAR
CAZZETTE - She Wants Me Dead (Warning for gore and violence in the music video. Like, there's quite a lot at the end, but the music itself is very catchy)
Soul Extract - Superheroes
Celldweller - Cry Little Sister vs Hello Zepp
Scandroid - Who You Run To (The Bad Dreamers remix)
Aviators - Godhunter
Aviators - Apocalypse State of Mind
Aviators - Angels and Demons
Aviators - Red Water Dreams
Aviators - Meet You At The End
Celldweller - Down To Earth
Celldweller - End of an Empire
Fury Weekend ft. Scandroid - Euphoria
The Anix - This Machine
Against The Current - Legends Never Die
Circle of Dust - Machines of Our Disgrace
Slaves - Sockets
Falconshield - Tentakill

A lot of these are electronic rock (mostly Celldweller) and synthwave (Scandroid), but Aviators is super varied, and SIAMES has a lot of really really catchy songs.
Hope you might find some music you like among my lists!

SIAMES - The Wolf
SIAMES - Mr. FEAR
CAZZETTE - She Wants Me Dead (Warning for gore and violence in the music video. Like, there's quite a lot at the end, but the music itself is very catchy)
Soul Extract - Superheroes
Celldweller - Cry Little Sister vs Hello Zepp
Scandroid - Who You Run To (The Bad Dreamers remix)
Aviators - Godhunter
Aviators - Apocalypse State of Mind
Aviators - Angels and Demons
Aviators - Red Water Dreams
Aviators - Meet You At The End
Celldweller - Down To Earth
Celldweller - End of an Empire
Fury Weekend ft. Scandroid - Euphoria
The Anix - This Machine
Against The Current - Legends Never Die
Circle of Dust - Machines of Our Disgrace
Slaves - Sockets
Falconshield - Tentakill

A lot of these are electronic rock (mostly Celldweller) and synthwave (Scandroid), but Aviators is super varied, and SIAMES has a lot of really really catchy songs.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
I've been listening to a mix of Glass Animals and Nothing But Thieves lately, maybe some of their tunes might interest you?

/hurries off to try and listen to all of the other suggestions in this thread
I've been listening to a mix of Glass Animals and Nothing But Thieves lately, maybe some of their tunes might interest you?

/hurries off to try and listen to all of the other suggestions in this thread
JBEajtP.gif
LEMON DEMON!!! i've been listening to the whole spirit phone album on repeat for days!!! the general vibe is "feral cryptid" and i love it
LEMON DEMON!!! i've been listening to the whole spirit phone album on repeat for days!!! the general vibe is "feral cryptid" and i love it
what
[quote name="Loststar1028" date="2019-04-05 17:03:51" ] Ooooh! Caravan Palace is so good! But might I recommend Billie Eilish, Khalid, Pink and Panic! At The Disco's newest album? They're all very good [/quote] youve just about summed up the contents of my music library, a LOT of billie eilish, and ALOT of Panic! At The Disco.
Loststar1028 wrote on 2019-04-05 17:03:51:
youve just about summed up the contents of my music library, a LOT of billie eilish, and ALOT of Panic! At The Disco.
LMAO
LMAO
Lichtdrache.gif
1 2 3