Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Silly Pokemon Shiny Stories?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Okay first shiny we encountered here we go

We must've been like 13 but while playing HeartGold we recently started a new game. While trying to get through the tutorial we found a shiny Pidgey. Now this would have been fine but because this was the start of the game we had no Pokeballs and were forced to run and I'm still mad about it

-Eleanor
Okay first shiny we encountered here we go

We must've been like 13 but while playing HeartGold we recently started a new game. While trying to get through the tutorial we found a shiny Pidgey. Now this would have been fine but because this was the start of the game we had no Pokeballs and were forced to run and I'm still mad about it

-Eleanor
In Pearl I managed to chain a shiny geodude and I named him Duude. Then I ran off into the Safari Zone to work on catching some pokemon I had missed there, and I thought to myself "it would be funny if I caught a shiny wooper after all that work getting a shiny geodude."

And literally the next encounter (not chained, just random) was a shiny wooper. I named her Lotte.
In Pearl I managed to chain a shiny geodude and I named him Duude. Then I ran off into the Safari Zone to work on catching some pokemon I had missed there, and I thought to myself "it would be funny if I caught a shiny wooper after all that work getting a shiny geodude."

And literally the next encounter (not chained, just random) was a shiny wooper. I named her Lotte.
bmc86yo.pngC7i9WrC.pngcOEuydC.pngMUSskfQ.png
My absolute favorite story to tell is how my friend and I were gonna encounter Lugia at the same time in Heartgold, I got lost along the way down so he (impatiently) waited for me to get there, with some snide and angry comments at me.

I finally get down there, and we begin the encounter on the count of 3 for that exact same time encounter, but. Mine was a shiny! He was so mad, lol
My absolute favorite story to tell is how my friend and I were gonna encounter Lugia at the same time in Heartgold, I got lost along the way down so he (impatiently) waited for me to get there, with some snide and angry comments at me.

I finally get down there, and we begin the encounter on the count of 3 for that exact same time encounter, but. Mine was a shiny! He was so mad, lol
tumblr_pxfrjtmGif1tb42gdo1_1280.jpg
Shiny Marowak :
I was trying to finish my dex in pokemon moon and I encountered a little green cubone! I cherish her now.

Shiny Houndour:
I was training in Pokemon Platinum for the fighting gym and I found a shiny houndour. He used roar.
Shiny Marowak :
I was trying to finish my dex in pokemon moon and I encountered a little green cubone! I cherish her now.

Shiny Houndour:
I was training in Pokemon Platinum for the fighting gym and I found a shiny houndour. He used roar.
Jamison | He/Him| BiTrans | fr +0
10ttDG2.png o7ZCFYm.pngOETsgJU.pngbYt72YT.png
wx5UFJd.png
>Masuda methoding for shiny growlithe, got bored and decided to try a little hoard-hunting for the heck of it.
>First and only pokemon on my team was a high-level Venusaur with sweet scent.
>Got a spinda horde with a shiny. absolutely elated.
>Go to moves.
>none of them hit individually.

Edit: also remembered the time I got a random-encounter shiny metapod right after a dex chain of 1k+ for poochyena. why.
>Masuda methoding for shiny growlithe, got bored and decided to try a little hoard-hunting for the heck of it.
>First and only pokemon on my team was a high-level Venusaur with sweet scent.
>Got a spinda horde with a shiny. absolutely elated.
>Go to moves.
>none of them hit individually.

Edit: also remembered the time I got a random-encounter shiny metapod right after a dex chain of 1k+ for poochyena. why.
Was just playing through the story of Sun and Moon and suddenly near the daycare center, I got my first shiny: Lili the Lilipup!

Second story was that I was just messing around on S/M and ran into a shiny Luvdisk on accident. Luvdisk is one of my least favorite pokemon, but you better believe that I caught that bad boy.
Was just playing through the story of Sun and Moon and suddenly near the daycare center, I got my first shiny: Lili the Lilipup!

Second story was that I was just messing around on S/M and ran into a shiny Luvdisk on accident. Luvdisk is one of my least favorite pokemon, but you better believe that I caught that bad boy.
sf13Wmt.png
Not my shiny, but I was sitting next to my friend when it happened.

We were at an anime convention, and it was the weekend after Pokemon X/Y came out, so you can imagine like half the con was just on their DS's the whole time. We went to this digimon panel that we thought was going to be interesting, but turned out to just be the history of shipping in the fandom. We didn't want to be rude and walk out, and we were in the back anyways so we pulled out our DS's and kept playing, no big. At some point, not long after that, my friend runs into A SHINY ROSELIA. SHE JUST STARTED HER GAME THAT DAY AND I WAS STRUGGLING NOT TO MAKE ANY NOISE. I failed and we were both making, like, strangled joy sounds, so we got up and left the panel anyways, and I hung over her shoulder watching the whole time while she whittled it down and then caught it.

TL;DR: Went to an anime con, went to boring panel, friend found shiny roselia and we left in the middle of the panel because of it
Not my shiny, but I was sitting next to my friend when it happened.

We were at an anime convention, and it was the weekend after Pokemon X/Y came out, so you can imagine like half the con was just on their DS's the whole time. We went to this digimon panel that we thought was going to be interesting, but turned out to just be the history of shipping in the fandom. We didn't want to be rude and walk out, and we were in the back anyways so we pulled out our DS's and kept playing, no big. At some point, not long after that, my friend runs into A SHINY ROSELIA. SHE JUST STARTED HER GAME THAT DAY AND I WAS STRUGGLING NOT TO MAKE ANY NOISE. I failed and we were both making, like, strangled joy sounds, so we got up and left the panel anyways, and I hung over her shoulder watching the whole time while she whittled it down and then caught it.

TL;DR: Went to an anime con, went to boring panel, friend found shiny roselia and we left in the middle of the panel because of it
fire_panbling_by_cicide76536-dciqc5h.gif
They/Them
+2 FR
fire_nonbinbling_by_cicide76536-dciue5f.gif
I found a shiny cottonee and I accidentally killed it *cries*
I found a shiny cottonee and I accidentally killed it *cries*
I'm HOT and COLD!
Here take this!
- I started playing Y and I went into the forest, I found a shiny panpour, I was both disappointed and excited.
- I opened X a couple weeks later and on the first route encountered a shiny bunnelby, He was named oreo and he was my son.
Here take this!
- I started playing Y and I went into the forest, I found a shiny panpour, I was both disappointed and excited.
- I opened X a couple weeks later and on the first route encountered a shiny bunnelby, He was named oreo and he was my son.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9