Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Silly Pokemon Shiny Stories?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
My first legendary hunt was the Eon Ticket Latios in AS, and a few funny things happened:
1. I didn't realize you could just run and reencounter a new one so I soft-reset for it :,^)
2. The first shiny struggled itself to death ;-;
3. The reclaim was Timid or something useful, which was redemption enough

And then one time I just wanted a Shinx for a breeding project, so I asked for one on the GTS and got a shiny one? Probably hacked, but still interesting.

Edit: Oh yeah and in Go I got a shiny Pikachu with whatever that black hat was that was released for all of one weekend :)
My first legendary hunt was the Eon Ticket Latios in AS, and a few funny things happened:
1. I didn't realize you could just run and reencounter a new one so I soft-reset for it :,^)
2. The first shiny struggled itself to death ;-;
3. The reclaim was Timid or something useful, which was redemption enough

And then one time I just wanted a Shinx for a breeding project, so I asked for one on the GTS and got a shiny one? Probably hacked, but still interesting.

Edit: Oh yeah and in Go I got a shiny Pikachu with whatever that black hat was that was released for all of one weekend :)
pulGR4L.png Wishlist
Years and years ago, I happened to run into a shiny Magikarp in Ruby. And proceeded to accidentally crit KO it. And THEN played for about eight hours straight because I was MAD.

Got all the way to Mossdeep, was getting ready to take on the gym, and then my mom calls me downstairs for dinner. Reflexively, I SHUT OFF THE GAME. No save. Turn it back on in a panic and get the message that the save file data has been corrupted and I have to start a completely new game.

Needless to say, I was UPSET and I don't think I've touched Ruby ever since. HOWEVER. Last year, I was just noodling around in Ultra Sun, just beat Lana, trying to fill in some Pokedex entries.

Lo and behold, I encounter a shiny Magikarp.

His name is now Evander and VENGEANCE IS MINE.
Years and years ago, I happened to run into a shiny Magikarp in Ruby. And proceeded to accidentally crit KO it. And THEN played for about eight hours straight because I was MAD.

Got all the way to Mossdeep, was getting ready to take on the gym, and then my mom calls me downstairs for dinner. Reflexively, I SHUT OFF THE GAME. No save. Turn it back on in a panic and get the message that the save file data has been corrupted and I have to start a completely new game.

Needless to say, I was UPSET and I don't think I've touched Ruby ever since. HOWEVER. Last year, I was just noodling around in Ultra Sun, just beat Lana, trying to fill in some Pokedex entries.

Lo and behold, I encounter a shiny Magikarp.

His name is now Evander and VENGEANCE IS MINE.
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif â– 
she/they -- fr+3
lore shop -- hatchery -- clan lore -- quests
When Black and White first came out, I was so eager to play the games I got the Japanese version of Black, I had a lucky streak of about a shiny a month, and the shiny I wanted the most after my all time favourite one- Volcarona, shiny Ducklett appeared to me on Valentine's day, a female no less. She was so vital in my team for beating the game, every shiny from that game means the world to me. I think my Mienchao was caught on Canada Day as well.
When Black and White first came out, I was so eager to play the games I got the Japanese version of Black, I had a lucky streak of about a shiny a month, and the shiny I wanted the most after my all time favourite one- Volcarona, shiny Ducklett appeared to me on Valentine's day, a female no less. She was so vital in my team for beating the game, every shiny from that game means the world to me. I think my Mienchao was caught on Canada Day as well.
xe/xyr/xem
I have a friend who's also played Pokemon for a long time but has literally never caught a shiny. He found a shiny Magikarp in Let's Go Eevee, but it ran away from him. So of course, he was really excited when he found a perfect IV shiny Shinx in Pokemon Go and I was of course happy for him.

However. The next day.

I was walking around playing Go and completed my weekly research. What should appear before my eyes? A shiny Lugia. Beautiful. Majestic. 21 years of playing Pokemon and I've never EVER seen a shiny legendary in ANY of the games. I caught him pretty easily and had to try REEEEALLY hard not to freak out in public. So I go home and I'm over the moon about this Lugia, and I message my friend:

"So hey uhhh not to one up you or anything...... but uhhhh..... I just caught a shiny Lugia........."

He hasn't really talked to me since.

I understand. :'D
I have a friend who's also played Pokemon for a long time but has literally never caught a shiny. He found a shiny Magikarp in Let's Go Eevee, but it ran away from him. So of course, he was really excited when he found a perfect IV shiny Shinx in Pokemon Go and I was of course happy for him.

However. The next day.

I was walking around playing Go and completed my weekly research. What should appear before my eyes? A shiny Lugia. Beautiful. Majestic. 21 years of playing Pokemon and I've never EVER seen a shiny legendary in ANY of the games. I caught him pretty easily and had to try REEEEALLY hard not to freak out in public. So I go home and I'm over the moon about this Lugia, and I message my friend:

"So hey uhhh not to one up you or anything...... but uhhhh..... I just caught a shiny Lugia........."

He hasn't really talked to me since.

I understand. :'D
Tentatively back from hiatus
1XRNcWD.png 2UZgxEP.png
That being said, I have a friend who NEVER EVEN GREW UP PLAYING POKEMON, never even PLAYED Pokemon until Go came out and has a SHINY HO-OH. My FAVORITE SHINY LEGENDARY. And I don't even have ONE (1) regular Ho-oh. Any time they're available through research or raids, I get 12 Enteis or I don't have anyone to raid with.

Someday... :((((
That being said, I have a friend who NEVER EVEN GREW UP PLAYING POKEMON, never even PLAYED Pokemon until Go came out and has a SHINY HO-OH. My FAVORITE SHINY LEGENDARY. And I don't even have ONE (1) regular Ho-oh. Any time they're available through research or raids, I get 12 Enteis or I don't have anyone to raid with.

Someday... :((((
Tentatively back from hiatus
1XRNcWD.png 2UZgxEP.png
And now I found a shiny Geodude using the same basic method. Built up a catch combo off Chansey and went looking for Kangaskhan.

There were no Kangaskhan. Instead there was a gold nugget with arms.

I'm not even trying to shiny hunt.
And now I found a shiny Geodude using the same basic method. Built up a catch combo off Chansey and went looking for Kangaskhan.

There were no Kangaskhan. Instead there was a gold nugget with arms.

I'm not even trying to shiny hunt.
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo5_100.pngiiadg18.png
Ok so in Pokemon Let's Go I found a shiny Chansey I tried to make it like me by throwing a berry at it after I threw it it ran away I stared at my TV for 5 minutes and finally said "What just happened......" then another time I was in Olive Garden and took my game with I found a shiny Pinsir and I caught it on my first try I screamed on the top of my lungs saying "I got you now!!" and as a waitress came by with drinks I nearly slapped her in the face while swinging my arms with joy my mom said never to bring my switch to a restaurant agian. XD
Ok so in Pokemon Let's Go I found a shiny Chansey I tried to make it like me by throwing a berry at it after I threw it it ran away I stared at my TV for 5 minutes and finally said "What just happened......" then another time I was in Olive Garden and took my game with I found a shiny Pinsir and I caught it on my first try I screamed on the top of my lungs saying "I got you now!!" and as a waitress came by with drinks I nearly slapped her in the face while swinging my arms with joy my mom said never to bring my switch to a restaurant agian. XD
rsz-rsz-1hatchery.png rsz-brewing.png art-shop-2.png B7aT9QH.png flB6EWm.png
well, once I was shiny hunting for rockruff on pokemon moon for a bit, decided to take a break and hopped onto pokemon sun, and what do I encounter? A shiny aquaranid.

My pokemon sun file seems to have a thing for shinies, especially on the gts. Got a shiny giratina and a porygon2 with pokerus from it!!
well, once I was shiny hunting for rockruff on pokemon moon for a bit, decided to take a break and hopped onto pokemon sun, and what do I encounter? A shiny aquaranid.

My pokemon sun file seems to have a thing for shinies, especially on the gts. Got a shiny giratina and a porygon2 with pokerus from it!!
+0 fr time
an art - a wound - a sentient canvas
Before I knew what shinies were, I was playing Gold and my first Ho-oh encounter was a shiny. It glittered and everything upon battle initation. Alas, Ho-oh destroyed me and I realized the next battles I never got that same sparkle again.
Before I knew what shinies were, I was playing Gold and my first Ho-oh encounter was a shiny. It glittered and everything upon battle initation. Alas, Ho-oh destroyed me and I realized the next battles I never got that same sparkle again.
One morning I was playing Moon and I was going through a cave, I forgot which one, when I got a random shiny Golbat. I was so excited, before that I had only gotten two random shinies without trying for one, a shiny Munna in ORAS and a shiny Durant in black. Then later that day I was going to find Guzzlord and on my way there I got a random encounter shiny Zubat. That to this day is the only time I have ever gotten more than one shiny in one day, and is the last time I have gotten a random encounter shiny.
One morning I was playing Moon and I was going through a cave, I forgot which one, when I got a random shiny Golbat. I was so excited, before that I had only gotten two random shinies without trying for one, a shiny Munna in ORAS and a shiny Durant in black. Then later that day I was going to find Guzzlord and on my way there I got a random encounter shiny Zubat. That to this day is the only time I have ever gotten more than one shiny in one day, and is the last time I have gotten a random encounter shiny.
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9