Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Silly Pokemon Shiny Stories?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I was surfing around in Sapphire and suddenly found a dark cave in the middle of nowhere. I don't know which cave it was and actually can't find it at the moment.

Anyway, it's dark and I have nothing with flash. So, I ran around near the entrance for a bit to see what mons may spawn. The first encounter was, of course, a zubat. But even as the greyed out sprite went across the screen in the battles intro animation, something seemed off. Then the colours came in fully. Green!

And that's how I caught my first shiny. I may still have it aroound somewhere.
I was surfing around in Sapphire and suddenly found a dark cave in the middle of nowhere. I don't know which cave it was and actually can't find it at the moment.

Anyway, it's dark and I have nothing with flash. So, I ran around near the entrance for a bit to see what mons may spawn. The first encounter was, of course, a zubat. But even as the greyed out sprite went across the screen in the battles intro animation, something seemed off. Then the colours came in fully. Green!

And that's how I caught my first shiny. I may still have it aroound somewhere.
Accidentally killed a shiny golbat in Pearl on one of those trainer tags along sidequests. It was with a macargo that used lava plume. Golbat got a burn :')

Funnier ones now:

In xy i began getting into competitive battling and used horde training for EVs. I trained a lot of sweepers up surprising, since I don't actually use sweepers anymore, I just love gimmicks and stalling now Oops and within thee weeks of each other......I found thee shinies...they were All vanillites

In ORAS, I actually began shiny hunting. My first attempt was a poochyena, i got to a chain of around 40+ and uhhhh accidentally pushed the movement too hard and broke it. So I gave up on poochyena. I decided to go after zorua and Hey Guess What Was The Very First Encounter? A shiny zorua. I caught him at level 2, he's level 100 now :D

And my favorite one, I play pokemon in school a lot. I decided to play around in the ultra wormhole. I was searching for a legendary, but I didn't find one in that run of the minigame. I decided to see what it was and when as it appeared i was like "is it a shiny" and when it was on the silhouette, no indicator of shininess yet, my pal said "No"
it was a shiny macargo. We stared at it for a whole ten seconds until it sunk in and she just "wHAT ARE THE ODDS"
we named the macargo RNGsus XD
Accidentally killed a shiny golbat in Pearl on one of those trainer tags along sidequests. It was with a macargo that used lava plume. Golbat got a burn :')

Funnier ones now:

In xy i began getting into competitive battling and used horde training for EVs. I trained a lot of sweepers up surprising, since I don't actually use sweepers anymore, I just love gimmicks and stalling now Oops and within thee weeks of each other......I found thee shinies...they were All vanillites

In ORAS, I actually began shiny hunting. My first attempt was a poochyena, i got to a chain of around 40+ and uhhhh accidentally pushed the movement too hard and broke it. So I gave up on poochyena. I decided to go after zorua and Hey Guess What Was The Very First Encounter? A shiny zorua. I caught him at level 2, he's level 100 now :D

And my favorite one, I play pokemon in school a lot. I decided to play around in the ultra wormhole. I was searching for a legendary, but I didn't find one in that run of the minigame. I decided to see what it was and when as it appeared i was like "is it a shiny" and when it was on the silhouette, no indicator of shininess yet, my pal said "No"
it was a shiny macargo. We stared at it for a whole ten seconds until it sunk in and she just "wHAT ARE THE ODDS"
we named the macargo RNGsus XD
Josie | He/Him | Nonbinary
looking for Rainbows, Eyeburners, and/or Dragons for Skins!
kwlcS.gif GmOoG.gif
One time I decided to breed Charmanders in hopes of a shiny. 4 eggs later, egg hatches, I think “hmm it looks a bit different but I’m probably imagining it”

so it turns out I wasn’t imagining it
One time I decided to breed Charmanders in hopes of a shiny. 4 eggs later, egg hatches, I think “hmm it looks a bit different but I’m probably imagining it”

so it turns out I wasn’t imagining it
_________ pixel_wright.png _______
Phoenix ◊ he/him ◊ FR + 3
————————————
Skin/Accent Shop
Fandragon Guide
Doodle Shop
Wishlist
_______ pixel_edgeworth.png
I found a shiney Golduck and I was doing so badly trying to catch it, I had to wait for my sister to get out of the bathroom too catch it for me.
I found a shiney Golduck and I was doing so badly trying to catch it, I had to wait for my sister to get out of the bathroom too catch it for me.
WFXNHAl.png
In my normal Ultra Sun playthrough, I went to the volcano to catch a female Salandit. And I found a male shiny Salandit. I still have it in my box.
In my normal Ultra Sun playthrough, I went to the volcano to catch a female Salandit. And I found a male shiny Salandit. I still have it in my box.
Viskara-Space-Orchid-sig-II.png
So, a while back, I bought a preowned version of Diamond. So, once I started a new file and all, a little after I got the first pokeballs, I encounter a shiny Shinx. I'd already caught a normal Shinx beforehand, so I was short a Pokeball or two. Luckily, I managed to catch it with one or so pokeballs left. It was tense :~:
So, a while back, I bought a preowned version of Diamond. So, once I started a new file and all, a little after I got the first pokeballs, I encounter a shiny Shinx. I'd already caught a normal Shinx beforehand, so I was short a Pokeball or two. Luckily, I managed to catch it with one or so pokeballs left. It was tense :~:
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
I actually found a shiny Aron in pokemon GO today! I just looked at it and I was like "Wait are his eyes supposed to be red?"

Turns out, a normal aron has blue eyes. (Seriously tho I manage to find an shiny Aron but a normal old mudkip still manages to evade me? Whyyy...)
I actually found a shiny Aron in pokemon GO today! I just looked at it and I was like "Wait are his eyes supposed to be red?"

Turns out, a normal aron has blue eyes. (Seriously tho I manage to find an shiny Aron but a normal old mudkip still manages to evade me? Whyyy...)
There was a time he thought a single
sword could save the kingdom. A
time, all regrets were yet far away...
So, my sister often finds random shiny Pokémon in wild encounters. She doesn’t chain for them of anything. She’s found at least a shiny Skiddo and Luvdisc to my memory, and she thinks she may have accidentally killed a shiny Honedge, but she may have gotten more.

My first legit in-game shiny (that wasn’t Johto’s red Gyarados or otherwise purposely coded shiny like in B/W) was in S/M, with the island scan; I’d decided I wanted a Cyndaquil, and went for it. Not a minute running in the grass later and I get pulled into a battle. I sat in shock for a couple moments, because the Pokémon was red instead of blue. Cue frantic False Swipe and Pokéball.
My second, I was actually chaining Riolu for a Lucario in S/M, and quite a bit into my chain, but before a Lucario could appear, a yellow Riolu popped up. I decided to end my chain there.
Since then, I’ve decided to get all the non-legendaries as shinies (including regional variants, if I can manage it). I almost killed a shiny Pikipek, and somehow ended up with two Buneary, though I only remember getting one.

Also, I kinda flipped out in USUM, when I found quite a few shinies in ultra space, until I learned the encounter rate was higher.
So, my sister often finds random shiny Pokémon in wild encounters. She doesn’t chain for them of anything. She’s found at least a shiny Skiddo and Luvdisc to my memory, and she thinks she may have accidentally killed a shiny Honedge, but she may have gotten more.

My first legit in-game shiny (that wasn’t Johto’s red Gyarados or otherwise purposely coded shiny like in B/W) was in S/M, with the island scan; I’d decided I wanted a Cyndaquil, and went for it. Not a minute running in the grass later and I get pulled into a battle. I sat in shock for a couple moments, because the Pokémon was red instead of blue. Cue frantic False Swipe and Pokéball.
My second, I was actually chaining Riolu for a Lucario in S/M, and quite a bit into my chain, but before a Lucario could appear, a yellow Riolu popped up. I decided to end my chain there.
Since then, I’ve decided to get all the non-legendaries as shinies (including regional variants, if I can manage it). I almost killed a shiny Pikipek, and somehow ended up with two Buneary, though I only remember getting one.

Also, I kinda flipped out in USUM, when I found quite a few shinies in ultra space, until I learned the encounter rate was higher.
I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue and somehow managed to never catch a shiny (sans the Red Gyarados) until Pokemon X. So in Pokemon X, of course, the first shiny Pokemon I come across and catch, ever, in all my history of pokemoning - is a Palpitoad.

Palpitoad just so happens to be my least favorite Pokemon.

I named him "Naturally". Because, naturally.
I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue and somehow managed to never catch a shiny (sans the Red Gyarados) until Pokemon X. So in Pokemon X, of course, the first shiny Pokemon I come across and catch, ever, in all my history of pokemoning - is a Palpitoad.

Palpitoad just so happens to be my least favorite Pokemon.

I named him "Naturally". Because, naturally.
pixel_icon___coffee_cup_by_moth_doll-dbl7qny.gif
-- --
my first ever shiny i found and caught myself was a joltik way back in pokemon black, and then i reset my game a few months later because i didn't know any better and lost him forever, rip
my first ever shiny i found and caught myself was a joltik way back in pokemon black, and then i reset my game a few months later because i didn't know any better and lost him forever, rip
................................................... .
he/him
please ping me when replying to me
... 0c6d754360cac7b4e6251a3b5ac42a7718ac068d.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9