Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Silly Pokemon Shiny Stories?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I once started a Ralts hunt using the Horde Encounter method... and found a shiny Zigzagoon in five minutes.
I once started a Ralts hunt using the Horde Encounter method... and found a shiny Zigzagoon in five minutes.
jzvbXGV.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngeqUNHue.png
i remember when i encounter my first wild shiny in w2. it was a lillipup on one of the early routes, and i was soooo excited to have my first shiny

unfortunately since this was very early in the game i was lacking a certain something

can you guess what it is

i'll give u a hint

it's round, red and white, has a button and you use it to catch pokemon

yea

i just ran from it in shame

it took me until next gen to finally see and actually catch a wild shiny (a female floatzel) but sometimes i contemplate shiny chaining or breeding so i can finally have that shiny lillipup that i was denied
i remember when i encounter my first wild shiny in w2. it was a lillipup on one of the early routes, and i was soooo excited to have my first shiny

unfortunately since this was very early in the game i was lacking a certain something

can you guess what it is

i'll give u a hint

it's round, red and white, has a button and you use it to catch pokemon

yea

i just ran from it in shame

it took me until next gen to finally see and actually catch a wild shiny (a female floatzel) but sometimes i contemplate shiny chaining or breeding so i can finally have that shiny lillipup that i was denied
lil%20object%20smaller.png bungalow
she/her
+3 fr time
non-exalter
Me: ‘I need to find this lucky egg chansey before Cynthia!’ Friend: ‘Dude I bet you’ll get a shiny before you get the egg’ Me: ‘It’s Gen 4 that’s not going to happen’ Shiny Kadabra: *appears* Me: [emoji=coatl confused] Friend: ‘That’s a shiny right?’ And then I caught it [emoji=sunglasses]
Me: ‘I need to find this lucky egg chansey before Cynthia!’

Friend: ‘Dude I bet you’ll get a shiny before you get the egg’

Me: ‘It’s Gen 4 that’s not going to happen’

Shiny Kadabra: *appears*

Me:

Friend: ‘That’s a shiny right?’

And then I caught it
oh god okay so

back when I was a small child

I was playing pokemon white on my DS and I just heard about what a shiny was and was pretty determined I could find a shiny lillipup easily. not sure why i wanted a lillipup of all shines, but whatever. there were also a lot of other kinds of pokemon in the area I was hunting in, so not even a guaranteed lillipup.

then boom, shiny lilipup. pretty sure I was under 50 encounters.

even though I knew shinies were very rare, the easy encounter spoilt me, so I just assumed it would take the same amount of effort to find another. like a month later I reset my game file and haven't looked at that game since. that was the luckiest I've ever been in a game.

rip shiny lillipup that I forgot the name of ;~;
oh god okay so

back when I was a small child

I was playing pokemon white on my DS and I just heard about what a shiny was and was pretty determined I could find a shiny lillipup easily. not sure why i wanted a lillipup of all shines, but whatever. there were also a lot of other kinds of pokemon in the area I was hunting in, so not even a guaranteed lillipup.

then boom, shiny lilipup. pretty sure I was under 50 encounters.

even though I knew shinies were very rare, the easy encounter spoilt me, so I just assumed it would take the same amount of effort to find another. like a month later I reset my game file and haven't looked at that game since. that was the luckiest I've ever been in a game.

rip shiny lillipup that I forgot the name of ;~;
gligar-f.gif genesect.gif mawile.gif
I spent like 5 hours farming a shiny growlithe on the switch game, I got one though and it's lovely!
I spent like 5 hours farming a shiny growlithe on the switch game, I got one though and it's lovely!
Ever since Pokemon ORAS came out I had been hunting Giratina on and off, probably encountering over 10000 even with shiny charm. Well fast forward to late last year when i was doing a casual playthrough of Platinum just tossing quick balls at Giratina and resetting when they failed because I was too lazy to battle it. On the 8th reset I heard sparkles and almost dropped my DS. Its name is Buttercup and it lives in my UM game now :D
Ever since Pokemon ORAS came out I had been hunting Giratina on and off, probably encountering over 10000 even with shiny charm. Well fast forward to late last year when i was doing a casual playthrough of Platinum just tossing quick balls at Giratina and resetting when they failed because I was too lazy to battle it. On the 8th reset I heard sparkles and almost dropped my DS. Its name is Buttercup and it lives in my UM game now :D
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
@ccelestialGlitch ok so here goes nothing my first ever Pokémon game was Pokémon White 2 and I saw a video on youtube of someone with Relicanth and a Wailord going to the water temple ruins and summon Kygor (keep in mind I was a dumb kid and spoiler alert it was a hack). I wanted to do that but my only problem was that I didn't have a Relicanth and there was only one way I could find that I could get it... I had to go to Route 4 and catch it in the small little body of water on the left. It was literally the only way I could find since my pokédex couldn't find any other place to catch them. There was another problem... the water in Route 4 are INFESTED with Clamperls, so i started my fishing spree of catching nothing but Clamperls... I was getting tired of seeing this: [img]https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/366.png[/img] every time I got an encounter until... I got another encounter and, lo and behold: [img]https://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/366.png[/img] I was ecstatic not only was that my first ever shiny, but I caught a shiny before my sister did WITHOUT a shiny charm. ...and for those who are wondering, yes i did also catch the Relicanth too
@ccelestialGlitch

ok so here goes nothing

my first ever Pokémon game was Pokémon White 2 and I saw a video on youtube of someone with Relicanth and a Wailord going to the water temple ruins and summon Kygor (keep in mind I was a dumb kid and spoiler alert it was a hack). I wanted to do that but my only problem was that I didn't have a Relicanth and there was only one way I could find that I could get it... I had to go to Route 4 and catch it in the small little body of water on the left. It was literally the only way I could find since my pokédex couldn't find any other place to catch them. There was another problem... the water in Route 4 are INFESTED with Clamperls, so i started my fishing spree of catching nothing but Clamperls... I was getting tired of seeing this:
366.png
every time I got an encounter

until...
I got another encounter and, lo and behold:
366.png

I was ecstatic
not only was that my first ever shiny, but I caught a shiny before my sister did WITHOUT a shiny charm.

...and for those who are wondering, yes i did also catch the Relicanth too
I have the honor to be your obedient servant
V. Val
shadow_acebling_by_cicide76536-dciuash.gif
The first and currently only Shiny that I've ever gotten was a random encounter female Watchog in White. I was so excited that I raced around my house showing her to everyone. Caught her, named her Guard, and still trying to get her to Level 100.
The first and currently only Shiny that I've ever gotten was a random encounter female Watchog in White. I was so excited that I raced around my house showing her to everyone. Caught her, named her Guard, and still trying to get her to Level 100.
VGxuHXT.png
uhhh I remember I found a shiny in pokemon y
and I caught it
and forgot to save
and I hit the dreaded L+R+Start
AND LOST MY GODDAMN LEDYBA
uhhh I remember I found a shiny in pokemon y
and I caught it
and forgot to save
and I hit the dreaded L+R+Start
AND LOST MY GODDAMN LEDYBA
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
found a shiny diglett in pkmn sun and my op glaceon killed it whops
found a shiny diglett in pkmn sun and my op glaceon killed it whops
Oup.gif
^ hi.. . my art ^
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9