Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Silly Pokemon Shiny Stories?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I found a shiny Bouffalant while playing Black, but I accidentally knocked it out and I've never seen a wild shiny since. :(

However, my friend gave me a shiny Suicune (hell yeah), and my brother somehow found two shiny Skrelp so he gave me one.
I found a shiny Bouffalant while playing Black, but I accidentally knocked it out and I've never seen a wild shiny since. :(

However, my friend gave me a shiny Suicune (hell yeah), and my brother somehow found two shiny Skrelp so he gave me one.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
years after my first playthough, I replayed the first pokemon game I owned (white)
I've previously hunted for tons of shinies in gen 6 and 7 with no luck, even after having a box of each color of minior from one of my more recent hunt attempts
the first (non gyarados) shiny that I encounted was a woobat in victory road on that game
years after my first playthough, I replayed the first pokemon game I owned (white)
I've previously hunted for tons of shinies in gen 6 and 7 with no luck, even after having a box of each color of minior from one of my more recent hunt attempts
the first (non gyarados) shiny that I encounted was a woobat in victory road on that game
unknown.png
Me, talking to friends: haha imagine if i got a shiny first try lol
*shiny pipipek appears*
Me: HNGHHGJHDJFH
Me, talking to friends: haha imagine if i got a shiny first try lol
*shiny pipipek appears*
Me: HNGHHGJHDJFH
Oh that reminds me of one day I was talking to a friend and then I said "what if I get a shiny?" and got a shiny Blissey. And not even 24 hours later I got another again after saying "What if it's a shiny?"

that was fun.
Oh that reminds me of one day I was talking to a friend and then I said "what if I get a shiny?" and got a shiny Blissey. And not even 24 hours later I got another again after saying "What if it's a shiny?"

that was fun.
010220mrcheese.png dark-dragon-egg-pixel.gif 2bf6nnX.png
LCqISMP.png
v2PJF9u.png
Piko

fr+3

YMPbu9R.png
7ntZZGM.png
oK2VVlE.png
Vs2WmBF.png
Was chaining ralts on ORAS,
found a shiny male with the hidden ability,
it teleported.

Cue me screaming at 2 AM.
Was chaining ralts on ORAS,
found a shiny male with the hidden ability,
it teleported.

Cue me screaming at 2 AM.
Nyeh.
The first time I saw a shiny that wasn't Gyarados was in Crystal. I was doing the battle tower, and I honestly didn't know other trainers could have them, so I was rather surprised to see not one, but two shinies in the Tower (meowth and Espeon), both owned by the final trainer of consecutive floors.

After that, I didn't see another shiny until my second run of Ruby, roughly four years later. I had genuinely forgot that shiny Pokemon were a thing, so when a shiny Zigzagoon appeared, I thought it was a bug xD I still have that shiny, though it's long-since been evolved.
The first time I saw a shiny that wasn't Gyarados was in Crystal. I was doing the battle tower, and I honestly didn't know other trainers could have them, so I was rather surprised to see not one, but two shinies in the Tower (meowth and Espeon), both owned by the final trainer of consecutive floors.

After that, I didn't see another shiny until my second run of Ruby, roughly four years later. I had genuinely forgot that shiny Pokemon were a thing, so when a shiny Zigzagoon appeared, I thought it was a bug xD I still have that shiny, though it's long-since been evolved.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
I was playing Leaf Green and found a shiny Pinsir in the Safari Zone. After screaming my head off I caught it on the first ball. When I went to check its stats to see if I could use it on the team, I found that it had a Modest nature. Still sitting in a PC box till this day.
I was playing Leaf Green and found a shiny Pinsir in the Safari Zone. After screaming my head off I caught it on the first ball. When I went to check its stats to see if I could use it on the team, I found that it had a Modest nature. Still sitting in a PC box till this day.
Waystone1.gif
My first shiny was a shiny gible in B2 from the black tower or wjatever ot was called

My first WILD shiny...
"I'm gonna fish for a shiny!"
casts rod into the water one (1) time

So yeah that's how I caught my first shiny... a luvdisk. His name is Angelo and I love him.
My first shiny was a shiny gible in B2 from the black tower or wjatever ot was called

My first WILD shiny...
"I'm gonna fish for a shiny!"
casts rod into the water one (1) time

So yeah that's how I caught my first shiny... a luvdisk. His name is Angelo and I love him.
21571.png Call me Meido! (any pronouns)
Neurodivergent, I do use tone indicators at times!
Don't be afraid to ping me! (+3 FR Time)
Wishlist - Gene Plans
Current Avatar
In Pokemon Go, I found three shiny cyndaquil on the cyndaquil community day! I named one One-Eighty after a pokemon card trick I pulled as a kid, and one Ninety, and the last one Thirty.

One-Eighty became a shiny typholosion, and Ninety is going to become a shiny Quilava! :D
In Pokemon Go, I found three shiny cyndaquil on the cyndaquil community day! I named one One-Eighty after a pokemon card trick I pulled as a kid, and one Ninety, and the last one Thirty.

One-Eighty became a shiny typholosion, and Ninety is going to become a shiny Quilava! :D
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
I got a shiny Taillow on one of my Nuzlocke runs of Ruby. The funny thing was that I didn't even need to break the Nuzlocke rules for it (or invoke the Shiny Clause, since that and the Duplicate Clause are the two I most often play with), since it was the first Pokemon I encountered on that route that wasn't a duplicate.

Also, my first shiny was also in that game, and was a Solrock. I ended up transferring it to my Heartgold, and then eventually I lost it when my 3DS and a bunch of my games got stolen.
I got a shiny Taillow on one of my Nuzlocke runs of Ruby. The funny thing was that I didn't even need to break the Nuzlocke rules for it (or invoke the Shiny Clause, since that and the Duplicate Clause are the two I most often play with), since it was the first Pokemon I encountered on that route that wasn't a duplicate.

Also, my first shiny was also in that game, and was a Solrock. I ended up transferring it to my Heartgold, and then eventually I lost it when my 3DS and a bunch of my games got stolen.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9