Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | emoticons VS emojis
1 2 3 4
on discord i mostly only use server emotes. fairly often.
theres only a few non-server ones i use, most notably :eyes: and :pensive:
i dont often use emoticons but i think at least once a day i do
on discord i mostly only use server emotes. fairly often.
theres only a few non-server ones i use, most notably :eyes: and :pensive:
i dont often use emoticons but i think at least once a day i do
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I sometimes use both.
I sometimes use both.
kEygMJz.png
emoticons are best and more expressive
¯\_('u')_/¯
owo
:3
=)
emoticons are best and more expressive
¯\_('u')_/¯
owo
:3
=)
furry_fiddle.png
It depends on the context. :) is full of cynicism and smugness. He knows full well what he's up to. There's no emoji that can convey that level of "you heard me" quite like :) can.
Meanwhile if someone genuinely makes you laugh, I think the laughing-while-crying emoji does its job pretty well, when just "lol" won't cut it. Using XD feels insincere in situations like that.
It depends on the context. :) is full of cynicism and smugness. He knows full well what he's up to. There's no emoji that can convey that level of "you heard me" quite like :) can.
Meanwhile if someone genuinely makes you laugh, I think the laughing-while-crying emoji does its job pretty well, when just "lol" won't cut it. Using XD feels insincere in situations like that.
ZqzSvdM.pngtp1Axxm.pngISNOTMS.png
i use emoticons because they represent me more/my emotions more than emojis. if you were upset and you sent an emoji, no one would think it'd be a serious thing because emojis are meme'd a lot

therefore, emojis are overused and bleg
i use emoticons because they represent me more/my emotions more than emojis. if you were upset and you sent an emoji, no one would think it'd be a serious thing because emojis are meme'd a lot

therefore, emojis are overused and bleg
I use both! Sometimes i need emojis to get across what i need via emoticon and vice versa. (Nothing quite captures pensive cowboy like pensive cowboy-- just as nothing quite gets xd like xd)
I use both! Sometimes i need emojis to get across what i need via emoticon and vice versa. (Nothing quite captures pensive cowboy like pensive cowboy-- just as nothing quite gets xd like xd)
[quote name="Yugi" date="2019-02-22 20:24:10" ] emoticons... I hate how Discord ‘corrects’ emoticons to emojis. Let us have our emoticons man. [/quote] [color=360705]you can actually turn that off in settings. also, to the point, emoticons definitely- i mean, my username is owu
Yugi wrote on 2019-02-22 20:24:10:
emoticons... I hate how Discord ‘corrects’ emoticons to emojis. Let us have our emoticons man.
you can actually turn that off in settings.

also, to the point, emoticons definitely- i mean, my username is owu
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
call me when you find an emoji with the same energy as :L
call me when you find an emoji with the same energy as :L
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
help me find my dream dragons ---> here
I use emoticons most of the time. Though I do use emojis occasionally while texting because it's a little easier.
I use emoticons most of the time. Though I do use emojis occasionally while texting because it's a little easier.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
no emoji will ever have the same energy as :/
no emoji will ever have the same energy as :/
an animated feraligatr sprite from pokemon crystal > call me mantis
> they / she
> fr +2
> art dump
w the nonbinary flag and the word nonbinary
the asexual flag and the word asexual
the lesbian flag and the word lesbian
free buttons
ee > reply hazy,