Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Wasps are good
1 2 3 4 5
Wasps are amazing. Wasps are beautiful. Sure, they might kill honeybees and eat them but they're just sooo cute! They're like little weaponized bees in armor, but they're sweeter than sugar underneath.

Seriously, when you put a little jam or sugar water on your finger and they come to eat it it's like a little hoover just tickling your finger and that's okay.

Yeah sorry that happened today and my heart has been stolen <333
Wasps are amazing. Wasps are beautiful. Sure, they might kill honeybees and eat them but they're just sooo cute! They're like little weaponized bees in armor, but they're sweeter than sugar underneath.

Seriously, when you put a little jam or sugar water on your finger and they come to eat it it's like a little hoover just tickling your finger and that's okay.

Yeah sorry that happened today and my heart has been stolen <333
ya but ..... my entomologist side says they kill bees and are less useful
FR + 0 - pls click them! ->US0Sr1.pngy2grU1.pngzEgVd1.pngunknown.png
[quote name="SalFisher" date="2019-02-22 17:50:22" ] ya but ..... my entomologist side says they kill bees and are less useful [/quote]
SalFisher wrote on 2019-02-22 17:50:22:
zfTVkus.gifnpBGP6c.gif 9KurPRs.png felixv2_by_nhlo-dc29jdc.gif
iPjVHHa.png
If you have computer/IT questions or problems, PM me! I work on computers and enjoy helping others.
They're cute when they're not trying to attack me because I came within 20 meters of their hive or they want my apples but I don't want to share :P
They're cute when they're not trying to attack me because I came within 20 meters of their hive or they want my apples but I don't want to share :P
77ec1a36661e11a40962b415b0b10b4babdc0c65.png
[quote name="SalFisher" date="2019-02-22 17:50:22" ] ya but ..... my entomologist side says they kill bees and are less useful [/quote] [i]We're killing bees faster anyway...[/i] But they look so cute with their spy goggle eyes and their sleek leotard bodies.
We're killing bees faster anyway... But they look so cute with their spy goggle eyes and their sleek leotard bodies.
I have a couple Spring Tiphia nests on my house. They are the only wasp species my mother likes because they eat Japanese beetles.
I have a couple Spring Tiphia nests on my house. They are the only wasp species my mother likes because they eat Japanese beetles.
Warren, he and him, 20
MH3-Gigginox_Icon.pngMH3-Agnaktor_Icon.pngMH3-Gobul_Icon.pngMH3-Uragaan_Icon.pngMH3-Qurupeco_Icon.pngMH3-Lagiacrus_Icon.pngMH3-Barroth_Icon.pngMH3-Ceadeus_Icon.png
[quote name="SalFisher" date="2019-02-22 17:50:22" ] ya but ..... my entomologist side says they kill bees and are less useful [/quote] Damn as someone working in a lab with insects and knowing people who study hymenoptera, this isn't really true. Wasps of all shapes and sizes are [i]incredibly[/i] important pollinators and insects in the ecosystem! I agree though they're so cool and I love them even if they can be truly terrifying predators! Their nests are so cool (mud wasps? Paper wasps?) and they can come in so many shapes and sizes!
Damn as someone working in a lab with insects and knowing people who study hymenoptera, this isn't really true. Wasps of all shapes and sizes are incredibly important pollinators and insects in the ecosystem!

I agree though they're so cool and I love them even if they can be truly terrifying predators! Their nests are so cool (mud wasps? Paper wasps?) and they can come in so many shapes and sizes!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Wasps are really important to the ecosystem, like mosquitoes. Pollination, population control, etc etc. They terrify me but like, I'll mind my business if they mind theirs. Their coloration are super duper pretty though!
Wasps are really important to the ecosystem, like mosquitoes. Pollination, population control, etc etc. They terrify me but like, I'll mind my business if they mind theirs. Their coloration are super duper pretty though!
aa.gif
Good to see more appreciation for them.
I’ve never had any problems with them and can’t understand why people hate them so much.
Good to see more appreciation for them.
I’ve never had any problems with them and can’t understand why people hate them so much.
I am just a worm
wasps also kill cockroaches
wasps also kill cockroaches
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2637218
1 2 3 4 5