Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Httyd 3 Ruined me
1 2 3 4 5
Httyd 3 comes out tomorrow... It's been about 5 years since Httyd 2 came out.

I'm not ready for the end. I'm not ready. I'm so excited, but so scared at the same time.

Please tell me I'm not the only one lol
Httyd 3 comes out tomorrow... It's been about 5 years since Httyd 2 came out.

I'm not ready for the end. I'm not ready. I'm so excited, but so scared at the same time.

Please tell me I'm not the only one lol
9LyXonv.png asher | he/him | fr+3
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

artshop
anathema
Bro sameeee!! I'm going to see it on Saturday and I'm pretty excited
Bro sameeee!! I'm going to see it on Saturday and I'm pretty excited
miDn30f.gif
@Prop

I'm seeing it at 7pm tomorrow... I have to ride my bike there and I'm probably going to be riding my bike home with tears in my eyes... lol :')
@Prop

I'm seeing it at 7pm tomorrow... I have to ride my bike there and I'm probably going to be riding my bike home with tears in my eyes... lol :')
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

artshop
anathema
@Symbols ok MOOD, the Httyd movies are so good and I'm so sad that they're ending

RIP
@Symbols ok MOOD, the Httyd movies are so good and I'm so sad that they're ending

RIP
miDn30f.gif
I saw it tonight, just a few minutes ago in fact :D

Not gonna say a word.

But oof does my unyielding desire to collect as much merch as I possibly can get my hands on not seem to be dying... GIVE ME ALL THE THINGS.
I saw it tonight, just a few minutes ago in fact :D

Not gonna say a word.

But oof does my unyielding desire to collect as much merch as I possibly can get my hands on not seem to be dying... GIVE ME ALL THE THINGS.
iedrmq.png
@Sherlovi

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat i thought it didn't come out till tomorrow :T

and here i am thinking i'm all cool seeing it on the day it came out lol

and yes, please don't tell me... i've already had some parts spoiled for me (nothing too major though i think)
@Sherlovi

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat i thought it didn't come out till tomorrow :T

and here i am thinking i'm all cool seeing it on the day it came out lol

and yes, please don't tell me... i've already had some parts spoiled for me (nothing too major though i think)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

artshop
anathema
@Symbols

Oof I know how that is, this merch rush spoiled a few things for me too and it irritated the heck out of me.

Not sure if its for everywhere, but here they show the movie at one hour the night before for all movies :'D

Its first showing around 6 the previous day, and then the constant norm of hours for the proceeding days ovo

They also had a SUPER early showing February 2nd but, gosh all mighty was that theater FULL.
@Symbols

Oof I know how that is, this merch rush spoiled a few things for me too and it irritated the heck out of me.

Not sure if its for everywhere, but here they show the movie at one hour the night before for all movies :'D

Its first showing around 6 the previous day, and then the constant norm of hours for the proceeding days ovo

They also had a SUPER early showing February 2nd but, gosh all mighty was that theater FULL.
iedrmq.png
@Sherlovi

I heard about the Feb 2nd thing... I was so frustrated at that because literally the day before I preordered? my ticket for the 22nd and already claimed my seat (you have to do that at my movie theater) and I was so sad that I couldn't go the 2nd..

@Sherlovi

I heard about the Feb 2nd thing... I was so frustrated at that because literally the day before I preordered? my ticket for the 22nd and already claimed my seat (you have to do that at my movie theater) and I was so sad that I couldn't go the 2nd..

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

artshop
anathema
@Symbols

Personally I was upset over... the entire release date.

I have a strong interest in most movie related knowledge and its common knowledge to know that February isn't really a good release month for movies.

January is also not regarded as the best but, its passable being the beginning of the year where people often are excited for the next up and coming.

They released this movie in several places extremely early and yet for no known reason we had to wait, and the fact that they released it on the 2nd as an 'early showing' only shows more that there was no point to have it come out for us and a few other countries (guessing you possibly live in the US like I do) so late in the month.

If they'd been intelligent they would've released it the week of Valentine's Day, for obvious reasons but also because Valentine's Day was on a Thursday, which could've been the first showing, bada bing bada boom good marketing.

A lot of people who saw the first one in theaters are now married or in relationships and so that would've uped the sales even more but... instead... we got this.

Which just seems like such an awful call.

Furthermore the merchandising and the advertising for the movie both were-- extremely lacking.

Lucky for them there's not really any other solid kids movies out currently but, the way they did this all was... .. it was sloppy.

Like little care was put into how it did because its part of a popular franchise which, Dreamworks always seems to have in their mentality.

I love their work, truly, but the entire business side of this all seemed such a mess.

... .. sorry to- rant? Express?? Its just talking about release dates made me think back to this x'D

We shouldn't have had to've wait this long.

(They also did this to another of my favorites... .. Rise of the Guardians... where a lot of people lost their jobs because their advertising played it off as a holiday movie during easter which... good god how could they think that would work, there was so much more to it than that ; > ; . )

@Symbols

Personally I was upset over... the entire release date.

I have a strong interest in most movie related knowledge and its common knowledge to know that February isn't really a good release month for movies.

January is also not regarded as the best but, its passable being the beginning of the year where people often are excited for the next up and coming.

They released this movie in several places extremely early and yet for no known reason we had to wait, and the fact that they released it on the 2nd as an 'early showing' only shows more that there was no point to have it come out for us and a few other countries (guessing you possibly live in the US like I do) so late in the month.

If they'd been intelligent they would've released it the week of Valentine's Day, for obvious reasons but also because Valentine's Day was on a Thursday, which could've been the first showing, bada bing bada boom good marketing.

A lot of people who saw the first one in theaters are now married or in relationships and so that would've uped the sales even more but... instead... we got this.

Which just seems like such an awful call.

Furthermore the merchandising and the advertising for the movie both were-- extremely lacking.

Lucky for them there's not really any other solid kids movies out currently but, the way they did this all was... .. it was sloppy.

Like little care was put into how it did because its part of a popular franchise which, Dreamworks always seems to have in their mentality.

I love their work, truly, but the entire business side of this all seemed such a mess.

... .. sorry to- rant? Express?? Its just talking about release dates made me think back to this x'D

We shouldn't have had to've wait this long.

(They also did this to another of my favorites... .. Rise of the Guardians... where a lot of people lost their jobs because their advertising played it off as a holiday movie during easter which... good god how could they think that would work, there was so much more to it than that ; > ; . )

iedrmq.png
@Sherlovi

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but from what I heard, Httyd 3 was supposed to come out around 2017/2018 but Dreamworks had to layoff a lot of employees due to people pirating their movies and not having enough funds...

That may be completely wrong, so I'm sorry if it is. It's just what I heard...

Also, if I remember correctly, when Httyd 3 was announced, it wasn't supposed to come out until March/April... but it moved to February.

I'm going off my memory on that one, that may also be wrong.

---

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the business side of things... but I do agree with everything you've said.
@Sherlovi

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but from what I heard, Httyd 3 was supposed to come out around 2017/2018 but Dreamworks had to layoff a lot of employees due to people pirating their movies and not having enough funds...

That may be completely wrong, so I'm sorry if it is. It's just what I heard...

Also, if I remember correctly, when Httyd 3 was announced, it wasn't supposed to come out until March/April... but it moved to February.

I'm going off my memory on that one, that may also be wrong.

---

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the business side of things... but I do agree with everything you've said.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

artshop
anathema
1 2 3 4 5